St George's Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

St George's Day Reviews

June 2, 2015
Usual stuff but always quite entertaining, what no Danny Dyer ­???
½ March 8, 2015
Every clich├ę in the book used here
½ September 18, 2014
Kinda just...A bit dull...
September 10, 2014
utter garbage. dreary start, cliches and wooden acting, topped off by Nick Moran wearing a cravat and spouting a cut-glass English accent. awful.
½ January 2, 2014
One of the gashest films I've ever seen.
November 23, 2013
Hard hitting mob movie - not bad!
October 6, 2013
British B Movie Best! grrr, get in there...
½ September 8, 2013
Crime drama full of cliched-filled characters with little actually ever happening in terms of screen action even though it is billed as a brutal epic.
August 7, 2013
brilliant british gangster film
August 4, 2013
Oh dear . Big let down. Wiv a
great story line and a decent cast this film was a major flop and a choir to watch. The ending was ok but flippen hell . One word - yawn
½ July 17, 2013
The usual boys and a few sorts going about their gangster/football hooligan related business - with Frank Harper on both sides of the camera doing his thing.
July 3, 2013
Set up is okay but fizzles out towards the end. As if they either run out of money or didn't know how best to end the film.
½ June 12, 2013
Watched it today, bad acting , too many people introduced at start, no story, no plot bad accents and annoyingly narrated. Rather watch the blank turned off tv screen, complete waste of my time.
June 6, 2013
Yet another British gangster film and despite being full of cast I usually enjoy watching, Frank Harper, Vincent Reagan, Neil Maskell, Charles Dance it is not a film that grabs you in the way it should. Is it about a heist, football hooligans, or a gangster war against the russian mafia. In truth it's about all of them without really focusing on any one of them. Disappointing.
June 5, 2013
great cast,movie not that good
½ April 19, 2013
violence cant go wrong
February 22, 2013
Directed by Frank Harper, well known for some tough guy roles in a few violent British crime flicks so you can bet your bottom dollar what this is about. I will refrain from using cockney slang in this review if I can.

So its a British crime/mob flick (did you see that coming?) about a couple of cousins who screw up a drug shipment for the sadistic Russian mafia. Sounds like it could be an awesome, nasty, beat em' up type thriller right, well I don't wanna disappoint you but....

The problem is this type of film is sooooo damn predictable and over done, we all know there is gonna be double cross and twists, the only question is who. But at the end of the day its obviously usually down to a couple characters, its not exactly hard to guess. The other problem is the film is rather dull actually, I half expected a really good bust up as with other British gritty crime flicks, but this is sorely lacking that punch.

The characters are the usual stereotypical cockney loudmouths, nutters, hard men and smooth talkers, the whole obligatory range of underworld fellas, oh and there are pikeys in there again too. The only difference here is the fact the main characters are much more slick and well off, rather than being grimy pub dwelling football thugs...although there is that element just in case you miss it.

I wouldn't say the acting is terrible, its good enough for the job in hand, plus Charles Dance and Vincent Regan add some class. The rest are almost the same flippin cast from previous cockney crime flicks! I dunno why they just don't use the cast of 'EastEnders' and be done with it. The main trouble is nothing really happens, there is nothing to really boast about here, no action, not much fighting, no sex, just the odd murder, not even much girly action! blimey guv!!.

I like the films title and I think this had some promise but end of the day its no different from all the other British crime thrillers, accept this has no action. Generic, cliched and really a bit pony, this type of film has had its day, but I'm always up for a good bit of footie hooligan action...in the silver screen sense I mean.
February 19, 2013
Boring with a capital B!
½ February 19, 2013
every single british crime actor in one movie, sounds terrible... it is.
February 17, 2013
Nothing you haven't seen a million times before, the only thing this film ismissing is Danny Dyer - the rest of the football factory cast are there. Amazed Charles Dance agreed to be in it, don't get me wrong it holds your attention but the constant tough guy cliches and references to famous british battles are tiring.