Standing Ovation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Standing Ovation Reviews

November 14, 2012
It takes every conceivable cliche (including introspective walking on the beach to melodramatic music) and stuffs it into an overlong musical production. I could understand why the 8 to 12 female demographic might love it, but everyone else should steer clear.
September 29, 2012
I really want to see it
September 15, 2012
I've got to admit it was really bad
June 25, 2012
When i saw this movie i laughed so hard because the actors were horrible.
May 14, 2012
This is a great movie!!!!
½ May 8, 2012
Awful. Very Cheesy. The actors were not convincing.
½ February 21, 2012
what was this? it was extremly terrible actors tossed into a high school musical plot. and then there was an extremly random mystery going on, on the side. this was a bad movie that had had catchy but lame songs
January 19, 2012
My kids and I had a great time watching this movie! My oldest daughter still has the songs stuck in her head. I'm having a hard time believing how harsh some of the critics reviews are on here. It's a movie for kids, its wholesome and is a great escape from all the violence and adult content that is streaming through the TV in my living room everyday.
January 14, 2012
Check out the 40,000 fans on Facebook and hear kids and moms saying how they love Standing Ovation and watch it for hours and hours. The kids that this film was made for are by far the best critics. Here is a viewer comment that speaks to the majority of viewer opinions: "As parents of four children, I would like to say we found this film endemic of the human spirit in showcasing the themes of hard work, perseverance, loyalty and friendship. Further, our spirits are lifted by the heroine's ability to forgive. As a parent and teacher I could not be happier to have my children see a project where the importance of family and these themes are highlighted in both an optimistic and triumphant manner"
January 12, 2012
Took my nephews to see this film, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. They even bought the soundtrack after and constantly play the songs. Very enjoyable family film
½ December 10, 2011
0/10. The worst film I've seen in the past 10 years. if you like it, you are stupid.
½ November 23, 2011
While watching this movie, I realized I only had one life to live, and I was living it wrong. So I got up and walked out of the theater, hellbent on doing something much more productive. So instead of watching this humiliating excuse for an artistic film, I went straight home, and fell asleep for twelve hours. Needless to say, mission accomplished.
October 30, 2011
it a good movie for the family
July 2, 2011
Worst movie I have ever seen. And yes, I did give it a zero because that's exactly what it deserves. The 12-year-old girls dance as if they are under-age strippers. What I hated most about the movie is the fact that they had the odasity to name the wannabe little girl "Alanna Wannabe" I mean really? How corny can you get? It doesn't help the fact that every single actor in the movie is virtually unknown. I cant even call the movie clichť because I have never seen a movie so pointless. I can't call the movie boring either because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fall asleep. I just wanted the movie to end, and thank god it eventually did. Sorry for slamming a movie like this, (its unlike me-- i usually give every movie a chance) but I just can't say anything good about this movie.
July 1, 2011
had potential. but i thought it was wonderful. but it was bad.
½ June 25, 2011
June 16, 2011
The cast had absolutly no talent at all! They were awful actors and the story was terrible and had no meaning!
½ June 10, 2011
Its a wanna be High school Music mixed in with "If Americas Got Talent had a move" the songs are okay,the actint is horrid,the writing could have been better,and could have been a much better movie,if time and...effort would have been put i to it. It can entertain at parts,but they are far and in between.
February 18, 2011
I like nd they have white Nikki manjes so I will give y'all a a3 √ (R)¬'¬√ (R)¬'¬
January 11, 2011
this movie was a hot mass.
it was damb and takky and
you know what i love it.
it was fun like a super