Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 2 Reviews

March 4, 2014
More fantastic Tartakovsky animation and storytelling.
½ November 9, 2013
These cartoons -- by the creator of Samurai Jack -- have loads of material that I liked better than the prequels. Mace Windu's solo scene is great; Anakin and Obi Wan's dynamic is fun; the city battles are engaging; and it's hard to accept that neither the lightsaber duel at the ancient temple, in the rain, with raindrops hissing into steam of the blades, nor Asajj Ventress who participates, ever made it to the big screen (at least, she didn't make it in live-action form).

Every time I watch these, I'm absorbed, and, every time, I try to imagine a way The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones could have been written so that this material could have been in there instead of a lot of what ended up in there.
September 21, 2013
Volume 1 and 2 nicely bridge the gap between the theatrical Star Wars films. They also stand well on their own for their excellent blend of action and pacing. Fans of the original Star Wars trilogy will enjoy the many subtle nods to episodes IV-VI. Anakin Skywalker's character is more engaging in this version than in the "real" movies, as well as his relationship with Obi Wan.
½ March 27, 2013
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 2 (which features season 3) is an epic, engaging set of animation shorts that flesh out The Clone Wars and give a lot of background information on some lesser known characters.
½ March 16, 2013
These cartoon fill ins between the movies episodes I, II and II were far and away much better then the just mentioned movies
January 22, 2013
Way better than volume 1. can you believe its canon, too?
Good Freaking Deal.
December 20, 2012
The first volume was really good.
December 7, 2012
I thought series one was good but this just gets better and better.STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS combines dynamic, stylized animation with action-driven storylines as it explores new terrain in the already vast Star Wars universe.
½ November 11, 2012
Why does this have better character development than the freaking movies? I would honestly watch this rather than any of the terrible prequels.
½ November 1, 2012
It was good but not great, I loved how at the end of the series it showed Anakin and Obi-Wan going to recover the Chancellor. It really linked the movies together. Too bad it was later out dated and rejected as the actual Clone Wars.
½ October 21, 2012
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 1 (and its predecessor) are the two best things to come out with the name Star Wars for a long time. They actually are set during a war, they introduce some cool villains, the action is really good, and it follows the tone of the original Star Wars movies a lot better than the prequel movies.
½ October 20, 2012
The perfect tie between episodes two and three. It's meant for kids, but this is for any hard-core Star Wars fan.
½ September 3, 2012
It's sad that this was better than Attack of the Clones. But at least it made up for it.
½ August 26, 2012
get a sneak peek of general grievous in volume 2
½ July 15, 2012
Lightyears better than the live action prequals!
July 2, 2012
The Anakin plot was slow and failing. But everything else was amazing.
June 18, 2012
a good cartoon. but could of been better. nor am i big on cartoons
June 4, 2012
Of course ill put "want to see it", im a star wars fan
½ June 4, 2012
tartakovsky + star wars is certainly an interesting combo. i don't care for the physics defying stunts that the jedi put on display in this movie- it completely destroys its credibility in the star wars series, film and cartoon( i mean, yoda can use his force push and pull to manipulate a throng of destroyer ships into falling out of the sky? and anakin and obi wan can run up battle cruisers like they're just a painless flight of stairs...lets not forget that Mace windu can jump ridiculous heights from ground to ship and back again, completely unharmed, when we're supposed to assume in Revenge of the Sith, Mace fell to his death from a coruscant window!??) if you can get past those ridiculous moments, its not bad story for kids. all it is at its core is a kids cartoon and there for pure bemusement.
May 26, 2012
The cartoons are much better than the live-action movies.