Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning Reviews

½ May 4, 2016
As far as fan-made movie go, this Finnish Star Trek parody is amazing.
January 4, 2014
It's funny and campy with one of the best space battles ever done with CGI.
July 2, 2013
First of all, this is not a regular movie, so don't judge it by regular movie standards. This is a glorious, goofball ode to cheese, with a wafer-thin and somewhat pointless story but surprisingly high production values, loving attention to detail, lots of space war and a cast that, for LARPers, delivers a pretty decent performance.
Suggestion - watch when high.
½ May 17, 2013
Not the best spoof made!
November 20, 2012
Funny movie& considering it was made with no budget the effects are amazing
May 28, 2012
Set Twinklers to kill and prepare to eat Light Balls!
Damn funny movie by independent Finnish movie fans. If you can, watch it and if you can't, envy those of us who did.
February 11, 2012
Yikes, how do you describe ths film? Well, if MST3k was still around it's a prime candidate. Made by a bunch of sci-fi/ Trek fans starting in the late 1990's and into the early 2000's and working on weekends they obviously did not give up on the idea of making this parody. The acting is as expected a bunch of friends with a camera, the spfx ambitious considering what they were using, but overall the film is way too long and would be a lot better cut down in length as the jokes fall flat as basically the cast aren't good actors. Still these ambitious Finnish film-fan makers produced a dvd that sold $8 million dollars over the internet and led them onto a higher quality production "Iron Sky." This film could be considered thier film school project.
September 11, 2011
I saw it. It was not in English. lol At least, not the version I saw.
August 20, 2011
Terrible low budget russian effort, riffing on Star trek with appalling comedy, direction, acting, style, everything about it.
December 16, 2010
It is very strange to see a movie like this - spoken in Finnish. Then again, it works very well in the whole scheme of parody.

I am not a fan of Star Trek (at least not yet), so some of the jokes might have not been caught by me, but all in all, the movie is enjoyable - even when watched more than once.

Crude at places, funny and ironic, not to mention pretty good looking considering how and where it was made.

We need more movies like these!
December 8, 2010
Oh, gotta love this one if you're a trekkie!
½ September 7, 2010
This spoof of star trek and Babylon 5 was made by some very dedicated fans in Finland who worked hard for years using own time and own cash to create it. It's in Finnish but is really good and funny anyway so I don't mind having to read subtitles, I even picked up a few words! The CGI effects are really great too.
December 20, 2009
A very good Finnish fan-made parody of Star Trek and Babylon 5 which was first started by a couple of teens still in high school. For an indie movie, this is quite the polished production. The SFX are amazing especially the space battles. It's extremely well made and most of all it's so funny with plenty of gags. The character names are a play on those in the Star Trek/Babylon 5 universe e.g Chekov becomes Fukov!! Well worth watching.
½ November 15, 2009
A real Turkey - it has its moments, but it generally makes "Killer Tomatoes" & "Dark Star" look good.
October 21, 2009
Star Wreck is beyond a doubt one of the most unusual and original movies I‚??ve seen in a while. The movie is a comedy spoof of Star Trek and Babylon 5 made in Finland by a group of Finnish Star Trek fans. Also known as Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning, the movie was completed in 2005 and is actually the sixth in a series of fan produced Star Trek spoofs. Many of the actors in Star Wreck pulled double duty behind the scenes in various production roles.

The movie follows the adventures of Captain James B Pirk and the crew of the CPP Kickstart. The movie blends elements from the original and Next Generation Star Trek series with characters such as Commander Dwarf and Commander Info as well as a sexy female crew member who wears a skimpy uniform.

It was interesting watching a Star Trek parody through former Eastern-Block eyes. There‚??s a very interesting and funny spoof of Soviet era propaganda as Pirk establishes his empire on Earth.

The film involves Pirk and crew traveling through what they call ‚??the maggot hole‚?? with his swiftly assembled starship fleet into an alternate universe inhabited by a space station and rival starship fleet. The morally ambiguous Pirk‚??s quest for respect and empire result in a lot of sci-fi effects violence as a lot of CGI starships are destroyed.

The cast is a bit stiff and the acting a little wooden, but it wouldn‚??t be fair to judge this film along side big-budget Hollywood effects heavy films. The actors do a pretty good job of playing it straight and performing against the blue-screen. The CGI effects are pretty good and several steps above the kind of direct to video sci-fi that shows up on cable TV.

The movie is in Finnish with English subtitles. While an English audio option would have been appreciated and less distracting in a visual effects heavy movie, I still got the majority of the jokes.

The DVD also includes an interesting ‚??making of‚?? documentary, a blooper reel and an amusing audio commentary, in English, made by the director and production team. I think Star Trek and sci-fi fans will find it amusing, but it may be difficult for non sci-fi fans to enjoy.
July 16, 2009
Piece of crap , i`m a Star Trek fan and it`s NOT funny.
June 28, 2009
Star Wreck? Captain Pirk? How can I not watch this?
½ June 15, 2009
Funny and deliberate mishmash of 2 movie universes.
Interesting notes: The movie is all in Finnish and everybody did the movie for free.
June 8, 2009
need to know;

In episode 3 of the original Star Trek series 'The Way to Eden' the followers of Dr Sevrin taunted the crew of the Enterprise by calling them what?

found out it is herbert
½ May 23, 2009
Not a bad attempt to mix up Babylon 5 and Star Trek in one movie. I was most impressed with the space battles, they were near perfect. However I do believe if the Babylon 5 did call for re-enforcements it would have been a lot more ships and a mix of all the races. Would have been nice to see some Minbari War Cruisers in the fight. All in all a very good production on a low budget!