Siu nin a Fu (The Kumite) (Star Runner) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Siu nin a Fu (The Kumite) (Star Runner) Reviews

September 5, 2007
OMG this is so chickflick in a bad way. Story doesnt make sense at all. I dont even know who won the fight its either Bond or Tank oh well it is still stupid.
½ August 18, 2007
A great martial arts love story. I don't particularly favor love stories but, this entertained, and captured my attetion all through out the film. Great soundtrack and great story. This movie is like the Hong Kong version of Rocky, so if you like Rocky do check this out.
August 6, 2007
Well made martial arts flick with a little romance for the ladies to top it off!! Excellent fight scenes and action!!
August 4, 2007
this film was pretty good. Some action, but mainly a story about achieving your goals.
August 2, 2007
my favorite movie in the world.
July 31, 2007
Andy On, what else you can ask for girls? So hot!! Oh yeah the movie is ok, goog fights, nice love story. Vaness is always good to watch.
½ July 30, 2007
Wouldn't guess it from the cover or the synopsis on the back, but this is a romance, just disguised as an action movie. After the first 40 minutes or so the fighting suddenly enters in the way I expected it, with training and the tournament, and overall it wasn't a bad movie, although a bit strange. It's like Ong Bak mixed with a Romance Manga.
½ July 12, 2007
this is not the kumite I was expecting from years past...why is the love story more important than the tournament? still goo action for the second half
½ June 30, 2007
Synopsis-In this action-packed romance, Mei Chung (Hyun-joo Kim) leaves Korea for Hong Kong after a love affair ends badly. She arrives in the new country ready to become a language teacher and to begin a new life. When Bond Cheung (Vanness Wu), one of her students, decides to fulfill his dream of fighting against world champion freestyle fighter Tank (Andy On), Mei finds herself drawn into an exciting and dangerous world, and a new romance.
Great, uniquely filmed action scenes and touching romance. This film is also about the three characters'(the student, his master, the language teacher) personal struggles with past relationships and how they're affecting their current lives/relationships.
June 11, 2007
I loved the characterization in this movie. Sorry, not a lot of fast-paced fighting.
June 9, 2007
The fighting was awesome and the romance was decent, a great semi-mushy date film.
June 5, 2007
I thought this movie was cool. It had a lot of boxing in it and a love story. Vanness is so cool in this movie.
May 29, 2007
Your typical underdog story. . .
May 21, 2007
The action was great... when there was some. It was such a drama it wasn't even funny. I expected alot more action! But the action it did have was pretty good. They just focused too much on the love story.
March 21, 2007
Well, the name made me laugh.
½ March 18, 2007
Hyou Kim Joo really makes a great debut here. If your unfamiliar with foreighn films, this one shines as she really plays her role well. great effects here, and a lot more surprises than expected from a oriental type movie.
½ December 18, 2006
It is a chi movie although not much ppl noe but the motivation quotes inside are gd!
December 10, 2006
This film looks interesting to watch and having an action pack type of setting seems good to watch
October 22, 2006
REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 4, 2006
i love vanness wu in here!