Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Reviews

½ November 15, 2015
Star trek ll is a cool space adventure with new threats and new Galaxy's
November 14, 2015
Infinitely superior to the first film, this impeccable film offers everything a fan could ask for: wonderful performances, engaging drama, constant tension, memorable dialogue, a fascinating villain bent on revenge and an incredibly well-constructed plot with an unforgettable ending.
November 9, 2015
I didn't realize until the other year this is the story of Mody Dick.
November 7, 2015
Not enough stars for this one.
October 28, 2015
Great Old School Sci-fi movie !!
October 16, 2015
One of the best movies ever created. Kahn is the perfect villan. Spock's sacrifice is one of the best scene's in cinematic history
½ September 23, 2015
This movie was way better than Motion Picture
93%
September 22, 2015
I can't give this one a rating only because i have fallen asleep every time I have tried to watch it.
So not going to try for awhile if ever
August 31, 2015
Best Star Trek film ever, even better than the reboots, you can beat the old crew in all their glory.
½ August 30, 2015
With brilliant acting by all, plenty of tension, well made action, good special effects for the time, a well executed plot, cracking score and some of the most memorable and iconic scenes from the Star Trek series this is up with there with the best sci-fi movies.
August 29, 2015
Even with its slow start, this film is an overall improvement of the previous film, with a better plot and more matured performances from the cast. The film sets itself up as more of a sequel to the Star Trek episode "Space Seed" than it is to the first motion picture. Personally, I think it's a better way to ensure continuity from the original series, almost to the point that this should have been the first film they made. Either way, it's a good approach used to good effect, and with solid pacing and real character development to boot. Of course, the major high point of the film is its performances. Ricardo Montalban does a terrific job at playing the role Khan, perhaps even better than he did the first time he played him. Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock both deliver performances in the film, which, towards the end, gives us the best performance William Shatner has ever given in the whole series. The other characters do very well in the film, and even though I question the decision to cast Kirstie Alley as a supporting character, she isn't as bad as I thought she would be. And finally, no Star Trek film would be complete without its spectacular eye candy. In that regard, the special effects are just as great as they were before, but the visuals are even better. At this point, the original Star Trek films are mainly visual spectacles, but out of all of them, this second film is still the best one.
August 11, 2015
The Wrath of Khan is a great sequel to The Motion Picture. Moreover, it is a great sequel to the Original Series episode "Space Seed". This film deals with life and death, growing old and coming back to decisions you made in the past and seeing how they will affect your future. This is everything that makes for great Star Trek. The best part is how Kirk and Khan are at each other's throats but never being in the same place at the same time. The tension is high and the drama is great.Easily one of my favorites if not my favorite of the films.
July 31, 2015
Perfect well done scifi with an emotional arc, a perfect villain, and a lot of tension.
July 26, 2015
This movie is a huge improvement over Star Trek: The Motion Picture. It actually makes sense, has action, and character drama that the first one so blatantly lacked.
½ July 14, 2015
Still not my favourite of the Star Trek films, but better than the first I think the cast had settled down into their roles. The storey line was good I think it was the closest of the films to the original series
June 14, 2015
By far the best Star Trek film. So pissed JJ did such a horrible job ripping to off. Really nice to see bad guys you really want to win even though you know they're nuts,
June 12, 2015
Greatest film ever made
June 12, 2015
It has some great one liners, only made better now by Sheldon's use of them on the Big Bang Theory, but it wasn't Star Trek's best outing in my opinion.
June 11, 2015
Arguably the best of the original movies with a great story and characters that are developed beautifully and an unforgettable performance by the late Ricardo Montalban with an ending that's as beautiful as it is moving. One of the greatest sci-fi action movies, great entertainment! 5 out of 5 stars.
½ June 11, 2015
In the pantheon of filmmaking, it's a rare feat for a sequel to supercede it's predecessor in every possible way, but "The Wrath of Khan" is certainly one of those rare instances. From its Star Wars-inspired space battles to its rich characters and enormous scope, this is the best Star Trek film there's ever been.

Easily my favorite aspect of the film, and I think most would agree, is the classic scenery-chewing, villainous performance from the wondrously talented Ricardo Montelban.