Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

½ May 20, 2013
An efficient alternate story that ought to give major goosebumps in trekkies and aficionados out there thanks to its many overwhelming and well-inspired references - which compensate for how formulaic and intensely action-oriented it aims to be above everything else.
September 30, 2015
A direct and not to complex storyline construct a sci-fi epic flick which can display a range of emotion, intensity and humour. A perfect introduction for those new to the sci-fi film genre and it does not delve to deeply into the mythos as I maybe would've liked a bit more.
September 28, 2015
Fantastic Sci Fi, No half assed attempts at explaining physics concepts by writers with no real grip of them. Just fun fun fun entertainment. I hope they make more.

After watching this, I was inspired to try the oldschool Star Trek movies on Netflix.
September 27, 2015
Tremendous, heartfelt, nostalgic, great heel in Khan, maybe a wee bit too long, but just a wonderful film.
½ May 27, 2015
Although it is not quite as good as the first one (and is a TOTAL remake of The Wrath of Khan) it is still a worth successer, a very fun sci-fi/action movie, and contains a great performance by Benedict Cumberbatch as the one and only "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"
½ September 23, 2015
This movie is living up to its name
September 13, 2015
Star Trek Into Darkness me encanta al igual que la primera. Es una de las pocas peliculas en que la secuela es igual o mejor que la primera. Continuaron con los mismos puntos a favor, y en algunos, diria que hasta los mejoraron. Y eso se supone que se haga despues de haber echo una muy buena pelicula. J.J Abrams esta haciendo un muy buen trabajo, ya que tengo muchas expectativas para la tercera parte.
Bueno, la musica sigue siendo muy buena. El guion me gusta mas que la primera, me encanta como es llevado a cabo.
La fotografia sigue siendo divina, los efectos son muy buenos y el villano es "badass". Sinceramente me gusta mucho. La recomiendo mucho. ^-^/
February 23, 2015
I don't know where to begin, It's a sequel that doesn't make a mess in the studio but almost has been with all those stunts and explosions. Luckily, They used special Effects and CGI which are very Superb. Good to Know.
Now I can tell that JJ Abrams makes really good movies.
Not the Best Star Trek movie but the 2nd best.
½ September 6, 2015
Muy buena, aunque la anterior me impactó más. El grito de "Kahn" por parte de Spock me mató.
½ September 6, 2015
Viewing the star ship Enterprise in different circumstances such as the ocean was a first time experience, not really knowing all the strengths and weaknesses the ship can take, when facing the enemy, the elements such as the Earth's sky atmosphere, the ocean, and even another star ship with warrior-like deadlier weapon technology lead by Marcus (Robocop Peter Weller). I was somewhat focused on the hi-tech capabilities of the starship more than the evil plot of the story. Kirk and Spock are typically more active compared to the rest of the crew, even though Sulu appears to be less important, almost secretive as the enemy is so preoccupied with Kirk and Spock, and yet every known crew member plays and important role in survival cooperation.
September 5, 2015
it's so fascinating to watch how brilliantly the cast has nailed their character. whoever did the casting on this series is due a huge pay raise. adding Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan put it over the top. this is entertainment at its finest.
August 14, 2015
Although a bit weaker than its predecessor, Star Trek Into Darkness is still a great film.
½ September 18, 2012
Star Trek Into Darkness definitely cheats itself as a, sort of, rip off to "Wrath of Khan" but every criticism given towards this film is still unfair because it takes place in an alternate universe. But, the overall cheapened ending is grossly nostalgic and creates a giant plot hole that could be fixed in a future episode.
August 28, 2015
Good movie!
Really good movie...
In fact, I'm tempted to forego my nit-picky criticisms and leave it at that, because if you want a darn good time, you should really see this movie...unless you haven't seen the first reboot. If that's the case, by ALL means, watch that one instead.
This isn't a great movie. Not by a long shot. In fact, for all of its ambitions, it's a lazy movie. Whereas part one did a brilliant job of combining the retro design of the original series with a modern sensibility, by the halfway point of, "Into Darkness," you'd be hard-pressed to discern this from a Star Wars movie. So, out the window went that part of the charm.
The intended plot twists - although deliciously played-out - held no surprise. You can see them coming a mile away.
The acting was just passable. Just because an actor drops a tear on cue doesn't make them a good actor. The contrary is true. After all, anyone can make their eyes water by holding their eyes open...and they don't even try to hide that. The characters are premade & pre-cut, so it is nice to see their old personalities interacting, but there really is nothing new offered. I only mention it because, given the story & circumstances, so much more could have been done, & it would have elevated the movie.
Again, these are all nit-picky issues. The movie is fun...the simple little point is a good one, verbalized for everyone by Kirk at the end, in case you missed it.
Don't expect too much & you'll likely enjoy the ride.
May 10, 2013
Great movie. Loved it!
½ August 27, 2015
Whoa, what a great film... The film trekked from a great start to an epic ending with an even awesome villian!
½ August 24, 2015
C'è chi si fa operare per colpa delle luci usate da J.J. Abrams (coffalessiocoff), poi c'è chi le ama.
August 24, 2015
Saw this 3 times at the cinema. Cracking film.
½ August 24, 2015
What a waste of good actors. Too many explosions with not enough story to carry it. And frankly, some really ridiculously off characterizations of much loved characters.