Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

½ August 24, 2016
"Star Trek Into Darkness" es una magnífica secuela del re-boot de la saga dirigida por J.J. Abrams. Esta película está repleta de emocionantes secuencias de acción, incluye los clásicos dilemas éticos de la serie de televisión, además de muchas revelaciones: Sabremos el destino del comandante Christopher Pike, volveremos a saber del Spock del futuro y le daremos la bienvenida a uno de los villanos más grandes y poderosos de la historia de "Viaje a las Estrellas", interpretado por Benedict Cumberbatch y con un guiño divertidísimo a la segunda película de la saga cinematográfica original. A J.J. Abrams le han pedido hacerse cargo de la resurrección de "Star Wars" también: este director va a llegar a donde nadie se ha atrevido llegar en el terreno de la ciencia ficción. Yo estaré a bordo. ¡Larga vida y prosperidad a J.J.! (y no me refiero a Jar Jar Binks).
August 23, 2016
Es buena, la relación entre Kirk y Spock sigue siendo muy buena, la acción, tomas y apariencia es excelente, J.J. hizo un buen trabajo al dirigir esta película. Al principio creí que la película iba a ir por un lado que no me iba a gustar, menos mal tomó otro rumbo enseguida. El villano es convincente y poderoso. Me gusta mas la primera, pero esta no se queda atrás.
August 22, 2016
Entertaining, but may lose of its appeal if you've seen Wrath of Khan, the movie not only pays homage to the best installment in the franchise, it risks flat out ripping it off word for word.

That being said, it's still aesthetically pleasing, and I recommend it to everyone except die hard Trekkies, who may find the similarities between it and Wrath of Khan infuriating.
½ August 21, 2016
On first viewing I thought it was a bit of a rehash of "Wrath Of Khan" (with its own reset timeline twists, of course...)
I've come to appreciate this film more a few years later. The ensemble dynamic blossoms quite nicely and Benedict Cumberbatch plays an absolutely superb villain.
½ August 20, 2016
"Star Trek Into Darkness" isn't as good as the 2009!franchise reboot, but it completely works on its own as a unique sci-fi experience that has great action, a fantastic cast, and strong direction from J.J. Abrams.
August 19, 2016
Better than the original and a great spectacle.
August 19, 2016
This is the best of all Star Trek movies - or, tied, with Wrath of Khan, poetically so. Excellent!
August 19, 2016
Easily the worst Star Trek film I have ever saw, blatantly ripping off The Wrath of Khan with very little payoff.
½ August 18, 2016
I don't know where my review for this went, but I'll try to remember what I said, something to the affect of:

A decent film, but the story was a big nothing that lacked imagination. Were there interesting ideas in the movie, yes, but Into Darkness squandered the opportunity given to it by its predecessor. That opportunity being a good groundwork from the last film; we know all these characters, we know this world, and like Spock Prime said in the prior film, it's a different timeline so anything is possible. But Into Darkness just gave us a bunch of what we've seen before; all the way down to the "homage" death scene. This is Star Trek, fricking boldly go where no one has gone, don't give us a lackluster and unoriginal story, at least fail trying to do something different.
August 16, 2016
Suffers from trying to evoke 'The Wrath of Khan' and not even coming close, but still offers a rousing sci-fi adventure on par with the previous 'Star Trek'. Like last time, the action and appealing cast mostly smooths over a lot of cracks in the script, and the potential ire from hardcore Trekkies for liberties taken.
August 16, 2016
Completely fails as an adaptation and as a result just doesn't tell a good story.
½ August 15, 2016
The first two acts of "Star Trek: Into Darkness" are well plotted and smart, but as the film reaches its third act it becomesa bland (and stupid) CGI-esque disaster.
August 15, 2016
Lacking imagination and pretending to pay homage to a fan favorite (STII:WOK) but not being very clever about it. Too fantastic and not good science fiction.
August 15, 2016
Star Trek was even better than the first one. The enterprise's struggle against Khan was so awesome this movie did a great job, that all i can say.
½ August 14, 2016
While it may rehash some elements from other films in the franchise, Star Trek Into Darkness is still a worthy and very fun installment with a powerhouse villain performance and staying as visually stunning as usual.
½ August 13, 2016
Not quite as good as the previous one but very entertaining.
½ August 12, 2016
Another fantastic chapter of this new Star Trek world. I still thought the first one was just a little bit better, but the addition of a re-imagined Kahn was really great.
August 12, 2016
Not a bad movie but not the best Star Trek either. I feel like this is just a copy of The Wrath of Khan. Not very original.
August 11, 2016
Not quite original and cool as the first instalment, but the elements of fast action and impressive visual effect along side a solid story and good humour certainly make up for this.
½ August 10, 2016
"Into Darkness" has great action and a fearsome villain to carry it through. Even if the final act is a mess and the plot can be a little predictable.