Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

November 24, 2015
Garbage, The actors are pretty good, but the story and writing and direction is piss poor. JJA should have NEVER been given this project.
½ July 9, 2012
It does everything a sequel should do: it plays out like an episode of 'Star Trek' on a larger scale, the characters are revisited entertainingly, the visuals are impeccable, and all performances are fantastic.
November 2, 2015
I am being generous with a two-star rating. The whole movie was a big, perverse waltz of dramatic scene, small comic scene, over-the-top-super-mega action. Guess what? Benedict Cumberbach is Khan!! Surprised? No one was. If the new Star Trek franchise keeps on going like this, it will be a slap in the face to Gene Roddenberry's original vision of peaceful exploration. One star is because I love Star Trek, the second is because the actors continue to give us great interpretations of classic characters. No more stars to give.
October 15, 2013
All the usual glitz and special effects one would expect from a J.J. Abrams film. Please Hollywood, no more Star Trek films using old characters! Start something new and fresh with all new characters; maybe the children of Kirk and Spock?
February 23, 2015

I don't know where to begin, It's a sequel that doesn't make a mess in the studio but almost has been with all those stunts and explosions. Luckily, They used special Effects and CGI which are very Superb. Good to Know.
Now I can tell that JJ Abrams makes really good movies.
Not the Best Star Trek movie but the 2nd best.
½ October 24, 2015
Personally, I don't think that the first one is superior to this movie. The first might be more enjoyable, because of the great character development, but while the first movie lacks in plot development and action, this movie doesn't. Sure, you can say the plot twist is too stupid, or that Khan is not what he is supposed to be, but I bought it. And what I also bought is the relation between Spock and Kirk which, in the first one, was just an annojing on-off obligatory friendship. In this one Quinto and Pine really get together, and you feel how much they need each other. And why? Well, thanks to a great villain.
January 19, 2012
Looking forward to seeing this. As a Trekkie I was a bit dubious about the re-boot but it has certainly moved it up to warp factor 10. Absolutely loved it. Hope this sequel lives up to expectations of the original "trek 2"
March 11, 2015
Just as great as the first J.J. Abrams entry, pumping with action, intelligence, and awesome visuals! Still a bit unnecessarily sensual, though.
½ October 19, 2015
Visualmente espectacular y con una buena carga de acción y con un villano increíble. esta secuela mantiene en un nivel alto a la franquicia.
October 6, 2015
Enjoyable romp for fans of Star Trek, that will appeal to casual movie fans, too.
October 6, 2015
I didn't want to like it but I did. It starts awkwardly but by mid-movie the pace picks up and it feels less like a group of actors doing impressions. I still wish we didn't have to have the key advice from future (past?) Spock playing such a significant role but I can forgive and feel a little sentimental about it now that Nimoy is gone. It is still relying more on being a pretty looking action movie and doesn't have all the heart and social consciousness of the TV series but it is another fun ride.
½ May 20, 2013
An efficient alternate story that ought to give major goosebumps in trekkies and aficionados out there thanks to its many overwhelming and well-inspired references - which compensate for how formulaic and intensely action-oriented it aims to be above everything else.
September 30, 2015
A direct and not to complex storyline construct a sci-fi epic flick which can display a range of emotion, intensity and humour. A perfect introduction for those new to the sci-fi film genre and it does not delve to deeply into the mythos as I maybe would've liked a bit more.
September 28, 2015
Fantastic Sci Fi, No half assed attempts at explaining physics concepts by writers with no real grip of them. Just fun fun fun entertainment. I hope they make more.

After watching this, I was inspired to try the oldschool Star Trek movies on Netflix.
September 27, 2015
Tremendous, heartfelt, nostalgic, great heel in Khan, maybe a wee bit too long, but just a wonderful film.
½ May 27, 2015
Although it is not quite as good as the first one (and is a TOTAL remake of The Wrath of Khan) it is still a worth successer, a very fun sci-fi/action movie, and contains a great performance by Benedict Cumberbatch as the one and only "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"
½ September 23, 2015
This movie is living up to its name
September 13, 2015
Star Trek Into Darkness me encanta al igual que la primera. Es una de las pocas peliculas en que la secuela es igual o mejor que la primera. Continuaron con los mismos puntos a favor, y en algunos, diria que hasta los mejoraron. Y eso se supone que se haga despues de haber echo una muy buena pelicula. J.J Abrams esta haciendo un muy buen trabajo, ya que tengo muchas expectativas para la tercera parte.
Bueno, la musica sigue siendo muy buena. El guion me gusta mas que la primera, me encanta como es llevado a cabo.
La fotografia sigue siendo divina, los efectos son muy buenos y el villano es "badass". Sinceramente me gusta mucho. La recomiendo mucho. ^-^/
½ September 6, 2015
Muy buena, aunque la anterior me impactó más. El grito de "Kahn" por parte de Spock me mató.