Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Into Darkness Reviews

½ November 14, 2016
It balances humor, action, intrigue, and genuine emotional moments to make an enjoyable film. As far as the performances go, Cumberbatch is superb as our villain, and Kirk and Spock deepen their relationship, while both having extremely satisfying story arcs.
November 12, 2016
Though it doesn't have as much of the character depth that made the first so good, this is still a pretty solid second installment filled with exciting action, impressive visual effects, and has a more menacing villain than the first movie. A rare sequel that almost tops the first.
November 6, 2016
Some great acting and dialogue wasted on Benedict Cumberbatch's character in this thinly plotted movie. The last 20 minutes just made it even worse with the ridiculous Wrath of Khan switcharoo.
½ November 4, 2016
Ben dose it again. Grate all around but a bit long and sort of confusing. But over all fun thing and Benedict Cumberbatch is great and fun he visual effects were impressive.
November 1, 2016
Marking my 100th rating, and in celebration of the Star Trek Beyond DVD release, Star Trek Into Darkness is another exceptional entry to the franchise, with a reimagined look into a phenomenal villain portrayed beautifully by Cumberbatch. Looking forward to the fourth entry of this franchise, whenever it comes out.
½ November 1, 2016
I don't understand the disappointed reactions some people had after seeing this movie. It's just as funny and action-packed as its predecessor, again brilliantly acted but with a slightly less interesting storyline.
October 29, 2016
I've been a Star Trek fan ever since I was 4 years old. Now that I'm 30, I'm so happy that the show is still going strong. It is absolutely incredible what JJ Abrams and crew have been able to do with this series. The casting is even better reflected with this movie than it was in 2009's "Star Trek." While many people will gripe about the choice of the villain, I look at it this way - It worked for The Joker.

This movie was an absolute knockout. If you take it in the context set from the first Abrams' trek, it makes sense. The military build up of Starfleet after the decimation of Vulcan, the seeking out of the Botany Bay, and the incredible portrayal of Khan by Benedict Cumberbatch. Some fans may nitpick, but they're most likely the ones that never stop doing that anyways. 5 out of 5 for this Trekker.
October 21, 2016
While this movie is pleasing on a very superficial level (i.e. plenty of sci-fi eye candy action sequences) it lacks heart and soul. The movie is simply too far removed from the spirit of Star Trek for me to give it a good review.
½ October 9, 2016
Though this movie is my least favorite out of the newest re-makes, it's still decent. The plot makes sense, and I thoroughly enjoy Benjamin Cumberbatch's character.
October 9, 2016
it's kind of good but can't say I am that big of a star trek fan so hard to say
½ October 5, 2016
Another great movie for the fantastic great ervamped of this beloved franchise. Cumberbatch is a hell of a villian making a role of the malefic Khan!!
October 5, 2016
A good, fun movie, but drowning in fan service. This new Star Trek universe is great, why waste a film on a Wrath of Khan remake?
September 29, 2016
Satisfying space voyage and a pleasing 'Trek' movie. Can't get enough of sci-fi.....
½ September 28, 2016
Cummerbatch is amazing as Khan. In fact, I like pretty much every cast member they picked for the "new" Star Trek.
September 27, 2016
Liked it a bit more than the first! The story was just more interesting, but the action was just too crazy for me.
September 17, 2016
An excellent sci-fi movie. Not an excellent Star Trek movie. Sadly, as much as I adore Cumberbatch, he was woefully mis-cast as Khan.
½ September 12, 2016
J.J. Abrams ripped off the original Star Trek film sequel.
September 11, 2016
It does lack some of the freshness that the first one has in its story department, but the charisma of the casting, preserved elements from the first film and the original movies, not to mention a great performance by Benedict Cumberbatch, help stand this follow up out of the mediocrity a lot of sequels suffers.
½ September 5, 2016
Pretty good Star Trek film boasting a scene stealing turn from Benedict Cumberbatch
½ September 5, 2016
Pretty bad. Huge plot holes, badly written. It's certainly not a Star Trek movie, it's barely a good sci-fi movie