Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reviews

½ January 22, 2017
Concluding the story arc that began with the Wrath of Khan, this film takes on a more lighthearted and comedic approach while still managing to expand upon the characters and deal with serious subjects. The comedy also genuinely works (doesn't feel forced at all), the plot may well be ludicrous but it is still fun, the score and audio effects are good and Leonard Nimoy ends the trilogy he has been a big part of behind the screen and on it in a jubilant way.
January 2, 2017
Incredibly silly but brilliant. My favourite star trek film of all time. All you can eat cheesy 80s lines. "A double dumb ass on you"
December 28, 2016
Yet another solid installment of the Star Trek movies. The story may be unconventional, but it works with its humor.
December 23, 2016
The voyage home is the return to the status quo now that Spock is back to the crew where he belongs, and this is the lightest of the Star Trek movies, a delightful yet not-that-original incursion into comedy with a hilarious dialogue and a very welcome ecological story.
November 19, 2016
If any Trek film can legitimately claim to be the best, Wrath of Khan aside, it's this. Dealing with time travel, ecology, and a great sense of humor, this is science fiction at its best. The only reason I place Wrath of Khan ahead of this is that this one really lacks a corporeal villain who can match wits and brawn with our heroes. It's beautiful, regardless.
½ November 12, 2016
An absurd plot, but it actually works pretty well. This is definitely the funniest in the original Star Trek franchise.
October 24, 2016
The only thing I can about this movie that's short is that this movie is really good. The comedy and humor is all great, especially all those fish-out-of-water-moments. The underlying message is exceptional, specifically for the time this movie hit theaters.
October 14, 2016
"nuclear wessels" Rewatched 2016-10-13,14
½ October 11, 2016
The themes of life and its value, not just in humans but in nature, can't help but give everyone who watches a feeling of joy. While one might assume beaming the crew of the Enterprise to then modern day earth could lead to some cheesy jokes, the comedy manages to feel natural and...well, funny! Fantastic soundtrack too!
September 24, 2016
Space travel, time travel, and cigar like menaces, Kirk and co go where no crew has gone before... The 1980's!
September 20, 2016
Me gustó mucho, es muy entretenida y muy chistosa, la dirección nuevamente me pareció muy buena, al igual que las actuaciones, sentí que lis actores lo disfrutaron más, el hecho de que viajaran al pasado la hace más llamativa, pero la historia en general puede ser un poco "ridícula" aunque puedo pasarlo porque es muy divertida.
September 17, 2016
Watched this with the kids about a week ago. Everybody liked it.
September 11, 2016
This movie is almost like a magic trick. It really manages to conjure something rather wonderful from nothing. The plot can be summed up in a single sentence yet it propels itself forward throughout with oodles of fun, charm and probably the most family friendly story of the series. Great fun if a little silly at times.
September 5, 2016
Easily the best, most fun outting of the Original crew, and despite its 1980s setting, it holds up.
August 30, 2016
save the whales, that was a thing in the 80s, lets make a Star Trek movie about it. That would be like a Star Trek moving raising awareness of global warming...actually that's a good idea, are you listening JJ!? While they violate the temporal prime directive every five minutes, the urgency of the mission negates it, save earth! The best part of this movie is every character has something to do, they're not just "hello I'm in this movie"
½ August 25, 2016
There isn't a bad guy per se, but it really I really enjoyed this one. There are a lot of fun scenes, and there's a healthy amount of humour spread throughout. One of my favourite Star Trek movies.
August 20, 2016
Probably the best Star Trek movie, in my opinion.
This installment really showed the characters' personalities and relationships, focusing less on mayhem and more on them. I loved that (especially since my favorite character, Pavel Chekov, got a good amount of screen time).
A good follow-up of "The Search for Spock", showing him turning back to his old self. A heartwarming film, and has a good deal of comical moments (sending a 23rd century starfleet crew back to the '80s is bound to get laughs!)
½ August 19, 2016
Star Trek 4 takes a fun idea and runs it along fairly well, even if it is quite confusing at times. There are plenty of fun moments, tho not as much action as the previous films. Good characters, good effects, and a decent follow-up.
August 18, 2016
Quand mme pas mal moins bon que dans mon souvenir... C'est en fait une comdie lgre la sauce Star Trek. Le rythme est bon, le cast est bien utilis, mais au final c'est assez absurde l'histoire des baleines bosses...
½ August 15, 2016
A whale of a tale indeed!