Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reviews

October 24, 2016
The only thing I can about this movie that's short is that this movie is really good. The comedy and humor is all great, especially all those fish-out-of-water-moments. The underlying message is exceptional, specifically for the time this movie hit theaters.
October 14, 2016
"nuclear wessels" Rewatched 2016-10-13,14
½ October 11, 2016
The themes of life and its value, not just in humans but in nature, can't help but give everyone who watches a feeling of joy. While one might assume beaming the crew of the Enterprise to then modern day earth could lead to some cheesy jokes, the comedy manages to feel natural and...well, funny! Fantastic soundtrack too!
½ October 5, 2016
An absurd plot, but it actually works pretty well. This is definitely the funniest in the original Star Trek franchise.
September 24, 2016
Space travel, time travel, and cigar like menaces, Kirk and co go where no crew has gone before... The 1980's!
September 20, 2016
Me gustó mucho, es muy entretenida y muy chistosa, la dirección nuevamente me pareció muy buena, al igual que las actuaciones, sentí que lis actores lo disfrutaron más, el hecho de que viajaran al pasado la hace más llamativa, pero la historia en general puede ser un poco "ridícula" aunque puedo pasarlo porque es muy divertida.
September 17, 2016
Watched this with the kids about a week ago. Everybody liked it.
September 11, 2016
This movie is almost like a magic trick. It really manages to conjure something rather wonderful from nothing. The plot can be summed up in a single sentence yet it propels itself forward throughout with oodles of fun, charm and probably the most family friendly story of the series. Great fun if a little silly at times.
September 5, 2016
Easily the best, most fun outting of the Original crew, and despite its 1980s setting, it holds up.
August 30, 2016
save the whales, that was a thing in the 80s, lets make a Star Trek movie about it. That would be like a Star Trek moving raising awareness of global warming...actually that's a good idea, are you listening JJ!? While they violate the temporal prime directive every five minutes, the urgency of the mission negates it, save earth! The best part of this movie is every character has something to do, they're not just "hello I'm in this movie"
½ August 25, 2016
There isn't a bad guy per se, but it really I really enjoyed this one. There are a lot of fun scenes, and there's a healthy amount of humour spread throughout. One of my favourite Star Trek movies.
August 20, 2016
Probably the best Star Trek movie, in my opinion.
This installment really showed the characters' personalities and relationships, focusing less on mayhem and more on them. I loved that (especially since my favorite character, Pavel Chekov, got a good amount of screen time).
A good follow-up of "The Search for Spock", showing him turning back to his old self. A heartwarming film, and has a good deal of comical moments (sending a 23rd century starfleet crew back to the '80s is bound to get laughs!)
½ August 19, 2016
Star Trek 4 takes a fun idea and runs it along fairly well, even if it is quite confusing at times. There are plenty of fun moments, tho not as much action as the previous films. Good characters, good effects, and a decent follow-up.
August 18, 2016
Quand mme pas mal moins bon que dans mon souvenir... C'est en fait une comdie lgre la sauce Star Trek. Le rythme est bon, le cast est bien utilis, mais au final c'est assez absurde l'histoire des baleines bosses...
½ August 15, 2016
A whale of a tale indeed!
August 6, 2016
I grew to like the characters because of the new cast, but now I'm totally savoring the original cast too. This movie in particular is very enjoyable, directed by none other than Leonard Nimoy himself! Excellent humour and a fun plot which takes them time-travelling back to 20th-century San Francisco. Loved it :)
August 3, 2016
I remember watching this movie when I was very young. A sci-if movie tackling the issue of whale hunting and using it to be part of the movie. Time travel and the culture shock of being in the 80s. I still think it was a great movie.
July 30, 2016
Leonard Nimoy delivers one of the BEST Star Trek films ever! Intelligent. Fun. Thought provoking. This film carries themes of friendship and loyalty. And the need for collaboration as custodians of the world we share.

It is a classic movie. Worthy of the Star Trek legacy. And worthy of your time spent to view it.
½ July 23, 2016
I really don't know how to say that it's the most absurd and ridiculous, yet, it's probably the most enjoyable of all the original Star Trek movies. I don't fully understand how it all worked out, but I had fun watching them try to explain and solve the problem.