Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reviews

• May 24, 2019

Superb quality sequel full of heart. The film franchise's big budget equivalent to City On The Edge Of Forever.

• Mar 25, 2019

One of the my favorite Star Trek films. The chemistry of the cast is fantastic and the humor and light tone help to propel this movie past some of the more serious ones in this franchise.

• Mar 10, 2019

Its the lightest of the many Star Trek movies that involve the original crew and cast. Because it's set in the current day, there's not a lot of CGI needed unless its about the whales. The story is ok - its not good or bad, but it works to get the crew home after the last movie.

• Dec 16, 2018

Hokey but still manages to feel genuine.

Hokey but still manages to feel genuine.

• Nov 19, 2018

Excellent 4th instalment of the series has wonderful humour, involving drama and is a really fun adventure. The original crew cast are on their very best form with some great material to work with.

• Oct 24, 2018

I was actually more engaged by this one, more than Search for Spock if I'm being honest.

• Oct 24, 2018

A more interesting and even humorous take on the Star Trek film series. Not quite as good as some of the previous films, but this alone is still an entertaining watch and a pretty unforgettable adventure for the classic crew.

• Oct 03, 2018

Pros: Spock is crazy, punk music, cold war humor, amazing predictions of the future. Cons: Set on earth in the 1980s, rehashed plot, overly political, low budget, Shatner's hair

• Sep 27, 2018

Light hearted and fun to watch this is the second best Star Trek film ever made.

• Aug 23, 2018

The Star Trek universe is unique in that it is clearly a fantasy, though somewhat of a reality we'd love to see come to fruition. Meshing our present world with a contrived future can be risky, especially when interlacing the story with clear political and social commentaries of the time. Star Trek IV accomplishes all of these things, while delivering a brilliantly self-deprecating performance from most parties involved, all the while presenting a story that is entirely believable, in great part thanks to strong acting, writing, and special effects.