Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reviews

• May 16, 2020

This is a beautiful well paced sci fi movie. If you love Star Trek then this one is for you.

• Apr 10, 2020

Although the first act is very slow, the rest of the movie is a well-written comedy-adventure including the iconic cast of Star Trek, putting them in absurd situations you wouldn't expect. Some jokes fall a little flat but most of the movie I couldn't stop laughing. Recommended for any Trekkie.

• Mar 16, 2020

Finally got to see some time travelling just to get a whale. It was funny as well since future them had to fit in with the past people.

• Mar 03, 2020

Number 2 - right behind Khan as the best of the 80s Star Trek films!!

Number 2 - right behind Khan as the best of the 80s Star Trek films!!

• Feb 28, 2020

A lighthearted and heartfelt installment, combined with Nimoy's direction, the script he co-wrote with Bennett, Meyer, Meerson and Krikes, the performances of the cast, Rosenman's score, Peterman's cinematography, Berger's editing, Collis' production design, Dwyer's set decoration, Fletcher's costume design, action sequences and visual effects, The Voyage Home is a worthy installment to the franchise!!!

• Feb 10, 2020

This movie shows that a good story couyld make a great movie without a villain. The plot is the situation builded

• Jan 12, 2020

It's been years since I saw this movie. I am watching the entire series again this week. What a god-awful movie. It's like they chose a topic and then just created dialogue to surround the topic. Awful movie in a series of great franchise entries. Hilariously bad.

• Oct 17, 2019

Light hearted and a bit more watchable than the first three. There are some very funny moments but it suffers from a wacky script and odd conservational plot line. Skip it.

• Aug 28, 2019

The most enjoyable Star Trek movie I have seen

The most enjoyable Star Trek movie I have seen

• Aug 06, 2019

(82/100) I remembered Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home as the one I didn't remember, because when I was a child I was so bored with the story that I turned off the movie. So I was curious how my taste in movies has changed from when I was 11 years old and present day. I was surprised that I turned off the movie in the first place. It was probably because I didn't understand the whale story or the funny interactions since English isn't my native language. But I definitely liked it now. I have always been a sucker for time travel stories so it is no surprise on my part. But the story is just really well put together and the dialogue between the characters feels much more fun than in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. The movie is overall just more light-hearted in tone and a lot more fun to watch.