Star Trek V - The Final Frontier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier Reviews

½ March 31, 2017
I can honestly say that I enjoy this movie. Way better than Into Darkness.
March 5, 2017
A Movie That Feels Like Star Trek Especially The Beginning And the ending of the movie
but yes the story is a little bit poor and bad
but it is a movie whit beatiflu music and meaning
February 20, 2017
Effects (Visual/Sound) - 8% - 2.5/8
Music - 7% - 6.5/7

Final - 40/100
½ February 9, 2017
You know it's a lackluster entry of the series when the main villain is basically the visual nursery rhyme depiction of "The Wind."

Cheap production values abound and the less said about the story the better.
February 1, 2017
Absolutely terrible. It has bits of brilliance here and there, but as a whole the film is convoluted, and there are just too many scenes that don't make any sense what so ever. This is easily the worst in the franchise.
½ January 23, 2017
After a successful trilogy that had a continuing story arc and two successful efforts by actor and director Leonard Nimoy it was now William Shatner's turn to have a crack at the directing side of a film in this series and unfortunately it is the weakest entry in the original series. It has a few good moments, there is some okay action (though most of it is weak) and the cast is as likable as ever but the plot is even more ludicrous than the previous film but with none of the humour or payoff that that film had. Thankfully this isn't the last film in the series otherwise it would of been a sad note to end an otherwise solid series.
½ December 28, 2016
Shit, this movie's a mess. Like, 80% bad and 20% good.
½ November 19, 2016
The worst of the original crew's Trek films. There's way too much silliness and hackneyed philosophy going on here. It's a testament to the other films and the show that this movie didn't kill off the franchise.
November 6, 2016
Easily one of the most underrated films ever made.
October 12, 2016
Easily the worst in this otherwise great series
September 22, 2016
Muy aburrida, hay muchas cosas que no tienen sentido, y tiene muchas cosas, en lugar de enfocarse en algo concreto, el diálogo es malo, y el villano me parece un chiste.
September 19, 2016
Highly anticipated prior to release and ultimately a superior disappointment.
½ September 11, 2016
Better than it gets credit for, there's quite a lot going on in this movie. Although not as good as IV it sticks with the same comedic tone but does have plenty of heartfelt dramatic moments and a decent (if slightly unfocused) script. Shatner may not be a great director but he keeps the camera moving giving a dynamic feel and the pacing is mostly fine.

There are a few "silly" moments that edge towards parody including an hilarious moment when Spock uses his Vulcan death grip on a horse. If anything lets the movie down it's the special effects which are too often rather ropey. "The Final Frontier" is perhaps a grander sounding title than it deserves but it's nevertheless worth a watch.
September 10, 2016
Watched with the kids. It was okay.
September 5, 2016
I had never watched this movie completely, as I heard only poor things about it. So I finally decided to watch it, and try to keep an open mind about it. Well, I can see what everyone was talking about, this movie isn't very good. A few of the problems I had: Spock had a brother? Who knew? We never hear about him ever again. The humour...it just doesn't work. Take the scene where Scotty breaks the others out of the brig, and bumps his head on a ceiling strut..he knocks himself out. I don't know, it just wasn't as funny as let's say, the Voyage Home. I understand this movie almost killed the franchise, it's not hard to see why. Pass if you can...
September 5, 2016
Really bad. Insulting to fans and the uninitiated alike. It's problems are well document. Avoid.
½ September 3, 2016
The worst Star Trek film to date. The plot makes no sense, the effects are terrible, the comedy is unbearable, and watching it just feels like a complete waste of time.
½ August 30, 2016
I don't hate this movie. yes it has some of the worst moments in all of the films, but it also has some of the best. Kirk travels to the center of the galaxy, meets "God" and isn't impressed. That's the best premise ever! the "I'll die alone" line is a setup to a significant payoff in this movies and others, the shore leave scenes are fun and the scene in "not ten forward" is really good. to bad the rest of the movie is what it is. the villain sucks, half the jokes fall flat, the brother backstory is forced, and the dance sequences will haunt your nightmares.
August 19, 2016
It's average at best, it doesn't really do anything worse than the previous films nor does it do anything better. The plot is scrambled and not too satisfying, and the character variety is lacking in comparison with the previous films. Some of the effects are a step down.