Star Trek V - The Final Frontier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier Reviews

½ December 28, 2016
Shit, this movie's a mess. Like, 80% bad and 20% good.
½ November 19, 2016
The worst of the original crew's Trek films. There's way too much silliness and hackneyed philosophy going on here. It's a testament to the other films and the show that this movie didn't kill off the franchise.
November 6, 2016
Easily one of the most underrated films ever made.
October 12, 2016
Easily the worst in this otherwise great series
September 22, 2016
Muy aburrida, hay muchas cosas que no tienen sentido, y tiene muchas cosas, en lugar de enfocarse en algo concreto, el diálogo es malo, y el villano me parece un chiste.
September 19, 2016
Highly anticipated prior to release and ultimately a superior disappointment.
½ September 11, 2016
Better than it gets credit for, there's quite a lot going on in this movie. Although not as good as IV it sticks with the same comedic tone but does have plenty of heartfelt dramatic moments and a decent (if slightly unfocused) script. Shatner may not be a great director but he keeps the camera moving giving a dynamic feel and the pacing is mostly fine.

There are a few "silly" moments that edge towards parody including an hilarious moment when Spock uses his Vulcan death grip on a horse. If anything lets the movie down it's the special effects which are too often rather ropey. "The Final Frontier" is perhaps a grander sounding title than it deserves but it's nevertheless worth a watch.
September 10, 2016
Watched with the kids. It was okay.
September 5, 2016
I had never watched this movie completely, as I heard only poor things about it. So I finally decided to watch it, and try to keep an open mind about it. Well, I can see what everyone was talking about, this movie isn't very good. A few of the problems I had: Spock had a brother? Who knew? We never hear about him ever again. The humour...it just doesn't work. Take the scene where Scotty breaks the others out of the brig, and bumps his head on a ceiling strut..he knocks himself out. I don't know, it just wasn't as funny as let's say, the Voyage Home. I understand this movie almost killed the franchise, it's not hard to see why. Pass if you can...
September 5, 2016
Really bad. Insulting to fans and the uninitiated alike. It's problems are well document. Avoid.
½ September 3, 2016
The worst Star Trek film to date. The plot makes no sense, the effects are terrible, the comedy is unbearable, and watching it just feels like a complete waste of time.
½ August 30, 2016
I don't hate this movie. yes it has some of the worst moments in all of the films, but it also has some of the best. Kirk travels to the center of the galaxy, meets "God" and isn't impressed. That's the best premise ever! the "I'll die alone" line is a setup to a significant payoff in this movies and others, the shore leave scenes are fun and the scene in "not ten forward" is really good. to bad the rest of the movie is what it is. the villain sucks, half the jokes fall flat, the brother backstory is forced, and the dance sequences will haunt your nightmares.
August 19, 2016
It's average at best, it doesn't really do anything worse than the previous films nor does it do anything better. The plot is scrambled and not too satisfying, and the character variety is lacking in comparison with the previous films. Some of the effects are a step down.
½ August 4, 2016
i just like the cute girl with the alfalfa hair doo
July 29, 2016
another winning entry & lost review flixter!
July 28, 2016
Unfairly mocked and ridiculed as the worst ST film, STV is really not that bad. A light hearted and fun adventure with some great dialog and banter between the main characters, it nevertheless poses some interesting philosophical questions as to the meaning of faith, belief and the existence of 'god'. Backed up by the best soundtrack of the original films. 'Frontier' was simply let down by well publicised lack of funding, rushed and cheap looking effects (the infamous 'great barrier' for instance) and dubious 'non-canon' plot points. It really is better than 21% and in my opinion, superior in terms of story compared to the last two NG movies.
July 21, 2016
It's not very good. But it's certainly not a complete catastrophe. The movie has the charm of the original Enterprise crew, who admittedly are on auto-pilot, and also have what at first appears to be a promising story. However, as we all know, it didn't pan out like it should've done.
July 19, 2016
The worst of the series. Is it more watchable than the first one? Yes, due to the awful pacing of the first movie which was its only downfall.
½ June 29, 2016
Some moments of character-historical interest in this franchise save this film from failure.