Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country Reviews

April 7, 2018
The last film that included the original cast in its entirety and it sure didn't disappoint me. It is a must for all Star Trek fans. Even though it isn't considered the best in the series, it is still a very good entry that I always enjoy watching.
March 26, 2018
A fitting send off for the original crew!
March 26, 2018
A great way to end an incredible saga.
½ March 13, 2018
a cold war thriller with the federation reaching out to the klingon empire, kirk deals with issues of trust, but trouble pops up when the klingon's suspect kirk of extracting revenge on a bird of prey. kirk and bones are sentenced and imprisoned on an astroid penal colony. again, this is a good star trek movie with the same great chemistry from the cast.
February 19, 2018
Probably the best of the original 6 films. A what a supporting cast to boot! Plummer, Slater, Warner and Dorn as Worf.
½ January 20, 2018
Love, loved it! Though not my all time favorite trek movie. From the opening scene with Captain Sulu, to the fun-filled adventure that ensued afterwards, it was one for the history books! And oh, can't forget that Shakespearean scripture!
January 6, 2018
Often over-looked, I think STVI is actually the series' best movie. Send-off movies are notoriously difficult to do well, but this gives every main cast member a chance to shine while doing what Trek does best: Using the futuristic setting of the 23rd century Federation to tackle modern day stories that might otherwise be too controversial to take on directly.
December 26, 2017
My favorite Star trek film! Fine farewell film to the original crew!
December 20, 2017
One of the better ones.
August 13, 2017
The final film with the original cast of Star Trek is an amazing send-off for these characters. It takes the crew on a journey that makes every single one of the team members important, in fact Kirk is not always in the spotlight for once. The Undiscovered Country is a blend of so many genres to the point where it hardly feels sci-fi. There's a courtroom drama, a political drama, a murder mystery, an escape film, and more. The villain?s identity might be a little obvious, but I think they did a good job of creating enough mystery over why things happened to keep it interesting. Kim Cattrall was a nice addition, and she fit in well with the rest of the cast. I will mention that at a certain point I start to wonder how much disobeying orders and breaking laws I can accept and still think of these characters as heroes. They do their best to make the situations feel like they are doing the right thing even if it's against orders, but sometimes I'm not so convinced. However, I kind of let it go, because Kirk has been a character who often ignores his superiors to do what he thinks is right. By the end, I find Star Trek VI thoroughly satisfying and an excellent farewell to the first series of a beloved franchise.
½ July 29, 2017
A feature length episode of old school Star Trek, over simple and old fashioned story included. Intrigue and sci-fi are thrown in just enough to keep it going, and a bit of drama and action give a fair ending. Diehard fans and the nostalgic will love it, the rest of us shouldn't be surprised by what we get.
July 15, 2017
Every Trek film featuring the original show's cast has a different tone, from hard science fiction to goofy comedy. This one's a political thriller, and its release, exactly three weeks before the fall of the Soviet Union, was even more timely than the filmmakers intended. Directed by Nicholas Meyer, one of the most reliable names in the franchise, this is a solidly written and filmed production, with a few genuinely terrific visuals. But it's the cast that sells it. They knew it was their swan song, and every one of them gave it their all. The enthusiasm is infectious, and it serves to elevate an already decent sci-fi film. In my opinion, this is only the fourth best film of the franchise, but out of thirteen (so far) that's not too bad, especially for a cast that'd been at it for 25 years.
½ July 2, 2017
Not great, but a decent and enjoyable conclusion to the original Star Trek movies.
June 26, 2017
This was a fun movie and a good send off for the original series. The plot was much more interesting the the last one.

8.0/10
½ May 31, 2017
Pretty good movie with plenty of exciting action. William Shatner makes every Star Trek worth watching.
March 25, 2017
2017-03-25 watched for 2nd time, didn't really remember it from first time.
½ February 20, 2017
Effects (Visual/Sound) - 8% - 7.5/8
Music - 7% - 6/7

Final - 89/100
January 23, 2017
After the previous film managed to nearly managed to kill an otherwise strong series (critically and commercially) this film managed to claw back the series' reputation in fantastic style. Bringing back Nicholas Meyer (who directed The Wrath of Khan) to take the directors chair once more is an inspired move and really pays off. I really like the plot (probably my favourite of the series), the action almost equals Meyer's first effort along with the villain played wonderfully by Christopher Plummer. The rest of the cast is also solid, the score is good, the humour works and it is a brilliant send off to the original cast/film series.
½ December 29, 2016
Definitely in the Top 5 best Star Trek movies
December 23, 2016
The last chapter of TOS films is an excellent farewell for Captain Kirk and his crew, concluding their long journey with a smart political mystery that cleverly parallels the end of the Cold War and embraces a future that bears new adventures for the Next Generation Enterprise.