Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country Reviews

March 25, 2017
2017-03-25 watched for 2nd time, didn't really remember it from first time.
½ February 20, 2017
Effects (Visual/Sound) - 8% - 7.5/8
Music - 7% - 6/7

Final - 89/100
January 23, 2017
After the previous film managed to nearly managed to kill an otherwise strong series (critically and commercially) this film managed to claw back the series' reputation in fantastic style. Bringing back Nicholas Meyer (who directed The Wrath of Khan) to take the directors chair once more is an inspired move and really pays off. I really like the plot (probably my favourite of the series), the action almost equals Meyer's first effort along with the villain played wonderfully by Christopher Plummer. The rest of the cast is also solid, the score is good, the humour works and it is a brilliant send off to the original cast/film series.
½ December 29, 2016
Definitely in the Top 5 best Star Trek movies
December 23, 2016
The last chapter of TOS films is an excellent farewell for Captain Kirk and his crew, concluding their long journey with a smart political mystery that cleverly parallels the end of the Cold War and embraces a future that bears new adventures for the Next Generation Enterprise.
½ November 19, 2016
The original crew gets to end their run on a high note. What better way to send them off than with one last struggle against an evil Klingon? There are beautifully done Cold War overtones here. Since that conflict was winding down, it made sense to have the Federation and Klingons make a move towards peace. At the end of the day though, this is successful because of the chemistry and humor between a cast that worked together over several decades. The final scene of the crew flying off into space one last time always leaves me with a smile on my face. As they embark one last time, Kirk is asked where they should set a course for. With a grin Shatner says, "Second star to the right. And straight on till morning."
½ November 12, 2016
Not great, but an enjoyable, satisfying conclusion to the original Star Trek franchise.
October 1, 2016
Es mas entretenida que la 1 y la 5, pero no me gusta más que la 2, 3 y 4, la historia es interesante y las actuaciones las noto mejor, me parece curioso como en cada película tratan de agregar un personaje secundario femenino, lastimosamente ninguna me convenció, excepto la de la 3.
September 13, 2016
A very enjoyable movie. It's not the last time we see Captain Kirk, but the last time we see the crew of the Enterprise together. Glad it ended this way, and not with part 5. Check it out.
September 11, 2016
Saw this with the kids. Bad language reduced and still fun to watch.
½ September 5, 2016
A wonderfully fulfilling and satisfying ending for the Original crew. Some great sequences and a good story.
½ August 30, 2016
A fitting end to the original cast, crew and ship. They literally sail into the sunset ina finale reminiscent of Last Crusade. The Klingon empire is on the verge of collapse and the crew have to stop a conspiracy to sabotage the peace talks. The villain is awesome, of course he is he's Christopher Plummer. Also stay for Kirk and McCoy trying to escape "the galaxy's graveyard" and the best climax in any of the movies. We miss this lineup
½ August 26, 2016
The Undiscovered Country might not be as good as the strongest entries in the film series, but it's still a entertaining adventure with some fun mysteries and action. The characters, villains, and effects are all terrific. Maybe not the most memorable installment, but a decent final film for the original cast.
August 3, 2016
One of my favorite Star Trek movies. Great plot, acting and end. The action was just enough not over the top. This movie marks the end of the old Star Trek movies and crew.
½ August 1, 2016
I wasn't blown away by this particular Star Trek movie. It was a pretty intriguing season finale though.
July 23, 2016
The second best Star Trek film, The Undiscovered Country is excellent science fiction.
July 21, 2016
***
A fitting end to the original Enterprise crew's adventures, that certainly does a better job than The Final Frontier did. That being said, it's not perfect, and there's one thing I can help but notice - they're way too old to be doing this kind of thing, and it shows in some scenes.
½ July 19, 2016
A strong ending to the six-film run of the original cast on the big screen. A compelling story with Cold War parallels effectively combines Roddenberry's commentary on contemporary issues while travelling through the stars.
July 15, 2016
A great movie to end an era of cinematic storytelling. I just wish generations up to the expectations.