Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country Reviews

• Aug 07, 2019

(89/100) Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country is a great send-off for the original crew of the Enterprise and a great story about prejudices. The set design is great again, the visual effects are watchable again and the story is actually good! This movie is just all you could have hoped for in a Star Trek movie and so much more. I really liked the interactions between the characters and the twists in the story. The conflicts between the Klingons and the Federation and the overall tone of the movie. Overall, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country is just a great watch.

• Aug 06, 2019

As with all of my Trek thoughts I have to note that I've been watching this series for the first time so I am by no means a huge fan or expert on this series. That being said... This was a surprisingly fun little political space romp! In fact, I think it might even be my favorite classic Trek movie! (I know this is a wild statement in light of everyone's love of 'The Wrath of Khan' but I'm sticking to it!) I'd love a whole spinoff about Iman's shapeshifting character and am very much here for quick cameos from young Christian Slater.

• Jul 02, 2019

Classic. Exellent "final" TOS film.

Classic. Exellent "final" TOS film.

• Jun 09, 2019

One of the best ST movies ever made. Recent relaunch movies are perhaps more popular and action packed, but the essence of this film is so much truer to the OG ST that was a fitting send off for Gene Roddenberry and the original cast.

• Mar 25, 2019

My favourite movie of the original cast movies. A great movie with suspense and lots of space politics and some real great moments of humour mixed in. This is Trek at its best! This was an honourable way for the original Star Trek cast to end their Star Trek TV/movie career.

• Jan 03, 2019

Best Trek movie ever!

Best Trek movie ever!

• Dec 31, 2018

Engrossing fin de siècle paen to the ending of the cold war, with the Klingons standing in (as always) for the commies, and perhaps the assassins for the Globalist elitists? Nicholas Meyer thankfully directs, and what a stirring job he does of it, in this rollocking part high seas adventure, part detective thriller, part murder hunt, part courtroom and prison drama. Get the blu ray

• Dec 31, 2018

7.5/10. It was indeed a swell conclusion to the classic crew as well as a swell dedication to the creator of this outer world compilation. Possibly my favorite out of the first six films.

• Oct 24, 2018

I'm just thankful this was better than Final Frontier.

I'm just thankful this was better than Final Frontier.

• Oct 03, 2018

Another Star Trek film that is close to perfect. The story makes good use of the aging cast. Beautiful graphics, even the end credits are a work of art. A beautiful end to a beautiful era.