Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reviews

• 3d ago

this is the standard for fantasy entertainment. Everyone has seen it or should see it. It changed movies forever and has always been my favorite!!!

• May 17, 2019

After all these years you can still go back and watch where it all began. Way ahead of its time it still makes us want become a Jedi knight, hold a lightsaber in our hands while we hear all about the the rise and fall of these once great Jedi warriors. A simple but engaging plot that lunch our expectations and excitement to a galaxy far far away.

• May 15, 2019

A good movie that ultimately, drew millions of people together as fans of the Skywalker saga.

• May 10, 2019

star wars is a masterpiss

star wars is a masterpiss

• May 05, 2019

I was 9 in 1977 and this movie blew my mind!

I was 9 in 1977 and this movie blew my mind!

• May 05, 2019

This is now around the 19th time I've seen Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope and I can gladly say that it was just as good as I remembered. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope is the 1st Star Wars film ever to be made and the 4th Star Wars film in the Skywalker story line. The film was directed by George Lucas who would later go on to direct Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. The film stars Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi. The acting may not be the best, but it's at least 10,000 times better then Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. Some of the actors were fine like Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, but there were also some actors who I thought did a very good job like Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Peter Cushing as Wilhuff Tarkin. The characters in my opinion are some of the most iconic and memorable characters from cinematic history. I Personally think that Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are two of the most perfect depictions of good and evil from fictions history. The cinematography was very strong with some great and iconic shots of the scenery and characters. The settings for the time in my opinion are really strong and memorable from Tatooine to the Death Star. The set designs and props were done really well from the building designs to the various weapons. The costume designs and makeup is also really strong especially with the Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. In my opinion the practical effects are amazing from the various puppets to the various space ships. The film also has some really memorable and well done action scenes from the blaster fights to the space battles. The film also has some extremely quotable dialogue from the very start to the very end of the film. Personally I think that the music is some of the greatest ever put or ever will be put to film. The story I personally love from the message to the various plot points here and there. The film also had some good comedy especially with the characters R2-D2 and C-3PO. The film at points also had a really strong atmosphere especially around the character Darth Vader. The film is also extremely enjoyable and something that I could watch everyday for the rest of my life. Over all I give it a 9/10 99% 4.95/5 One of the greats

• May 04, 2019

While most of the effects REALLY don't hold up, as well as most of the acting, A New Hope is still a really enjoyable film that revolutionized film as a whole.

• May 03, 2019

One of the greatest starts to a franchise ever, a must see for not only science fiction fans, but movie fans in general.

• May 02, 2019

A classic, the movie that every blockbuster want to be and almost in every case not are even close to this.

• Apr 28, 2019

Star Wars is near perfect with incredible acting, story, action, and has a perfect score. Star Wars is one of the greatest movies of all time and it does deserve it. There is so much to love about this film. It can make you really get to your emotions through the story, the music, acting, and visuals, but can also make your blood pulse with thrilling action scenes.