Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reviews

October 25, 2016
Movie Review: Final
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Everybody's just a kid from somewhere. Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope, starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher, brings drama and an amazing story into the sci-fi universe. Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill,) a farm boy on a desert planet, wants to escape his boring home and live a life of adventure. He ends up meeting a jedi named Obi wan Kenobi and learns the ways of the force. The farmers he lives with get killed, so he leaves his home and joins the rebel alliance to fight the empire. Along the way they meet a criminal on the run named Han Solo (Harrison Ford,) who flies them to where they need to go to rescue the rebel leader Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher,) who takes them to the rebel base so they can come up with a plan to destroy the evil empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR. Each actor plays his/her part perfectly, and the movie has incredible special effects for the time, but the real genius is in the story. Star Wars is actually many different, wonderful stories in one movie (Luke's story, Han's story, Rebels vs. Empire, Obi wan's story, I could go on.) However, the movie starts the action right away, and has very few peaceful moments, which may not be for everybody. Overall, I give the movie 5/5 stars.
October 20, 2016
One of the best sci-fi movies ever.
October 20, 2016
it was beter than the original,but it is still bad,I would rather watch transformers than watch this stupid movie for 4 year olds.
October 14, 2016
I finally, finally watched this film. It was good, but I just did not experience that "I have just watched one the greatest movies of all time" feeling. It did not wow me. Hopefully, the other films in the series will be better.
October 13, 2016
The First Star Wars movie is an absolute beauty and a masterpiece.Loved it and I can't find any mistakes!
½ October 11, 2016
Great way to start the saga
October 10, 2016
this is my favorite movie of all time. the reason being is because it's the one that started it all. if we didn't have this movie, we wouldn't have the entire star wars trilogy. I remember seeing this film for the first time and I was blown away by every second of it. this is a perfect example of a perfect movie. the only nitpick about it is the scene where the storm trooper hits his head on the door and that was actually a very severe injury, that guy had to go to the hospital for that. over then that, it's a perfect movie.
October 10, 2016
One of the greatest films ever made in the 20th century! Thank you George for this masterpiece!
October 9, 2016
Star Wars is a very inspiring film, full of original environments and memorable heroes and villains that everyone can relate to.
September 25, 2016
Do I really have to say why this film is a master piece........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,°~~,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,¦,u,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,¦j,,,,¢,,,,,¦op,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦,......
½ September 25, 2016
This classic proves that legends never die.
September 22, 2016
Simply amazing! No haters here! Way better than Star Trek!
September 19, 2016
The film that started it all! Yes it was way before my time, but most can still the brilliance of a classic like this. Watching the biggest so far victory for the rebel alliance against the galactic empire is awesome. Great soundtrack, acting, plot and characters.
September 10, 2016
A masterpiece, contains the single greatest scene of all time, and the film never loses it's charm.
½ September 7, 2016
160907: Greatest film from my childhood. Still fantastic though it would be nice to find an original theatrical release version. You know, the one I saw back in 1977 not this enhanced version. Anyway, a timeless classic. Watching them in chronological order, Revenge of the Sith (2005) is a great lead into this film. Revenge is my second highest rating for this series behind A New Hope.
August 30, 2016
The one which started it all, and still looks great till this day! Just don't rely on the special edition so much, because all the people who worked their asses off on the original film deserve our respect for how they pulled this off! Millions of people have a love/hate relationship with George Lucas, but I believe that when this first came out(my parents told me about it!), the guy did bring the world something special, so I'll give him that!
August 30, 2016
Indisputably the king of blockbusters, and with a big enough cultural footprint for it to sustain six sequels/prequels (and counting), four animated TV series, one abominable TV special and enough merchandise to fill a large warehouse, all over nearly 40 years. There is no argument: the pre-augmented version (properly titled simply "Star Wars") is a true cinema classic.
August 23, 2016
Star Wars begins the greatest cinematic achievement of all time, and arguably one of the greatest stories ever created. Originally conceived as a serialized popcorn fest, Star Wars surpassed even George's keen and bombastic imagination to become a central part of movie history. My point here is that Star Wars is a classic even to people who don't know Pulp Fiction from Twilight. It has everything you could possibly want: action, romance, midgets, quotable dialogue, and a reminiscent score by John Williams. Star Wars is the definition of success.