Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reviews

February 23, 2017
A great movie which was revolutionary to the movie world and this movie leaves no doubt of its cinematic brilliance .
½ February 21, 2017
This movie is great. It has great characters and amazing CGI for its time that still holds up very well to this day. Although it has a pretty basic story where a the hero has to save the princess, it doesn't stop this movie from being great and being an all time classic. If you somehow haven't watched it, watch it... what are you doing with your life?
February 18, 2017
Star Wars one of Most Successful- blockbuster Film Direct By George Lucas,
this is take Long time ago In the Galaxy far far away... By 1977 George Lucas bought Film for Indication for one step up film for audience clear him he one Mastermind of sci-fi saga, and my know l know star wars ever least my age. well maybe 7. okay You know l see star wars as this dvd came out and l thought it stupid Princess and Guy Swept suit even wear Gas Helmet. And lm not even Hate Star wars. for all here lm talking to an that it what lm start it. the thing l don't know what star wars is all about,? you know the Jedi Force. The movie took Hundred of year, Princess Leia Cast by Carrie fisher who Queen of Republic Rebel Alliance who been attack by Darth Vader kidnapped Leia sending signal Recording Cute Robot R2-D2 and C3-PO To be Continued..
½ February 16, 2017
Sebuah eksekusi yang sangat tepat. "STAR WARS" merupakan sebuah kombinasi cerita yang menghasilkan sebuah masterpiece yang tidak ternilai. ... Fantastis!
½ February 15, 2017
A fantastic and extremely innovative film that no one can forget. Star Wars Ep. IV is no doubt a classic. Every time I watch this movie I feel a combination of emotions, from sadness to suspense. It's like the perfect movie template for others to get inspired and work with. There are obvious western and samari connections, but the fact is that this movie combines them. This combination is astounding. It leaves an amazing action-packed impression. My only complaint is that the characters in the entire trilogy in fact, seem to like emotion in their dialogue, especially when Luke encounters the death of his guardians. But some now say that this may have been intentional due to the Jedi code.
½ February 7, 2017
All the original Star Wars films get a 3.5/5 from me. Pure popcorn entertainment. There is a place for that. :) The first two Prequels get 2.5 and Episode III gets 3/5 from me.
½ January 31, 2017
Childhood movie. Memorable cast and overflowing with creativity. Extremely ahead of it's time and holds up great today.
January 29, 2017
What's better than a young Jedi knight saving a princess from an evil heavy-breathing Sith Lord? Also, C-P3O and R2-D2 are a great duo. Oh, and Han Solo, my favorite Star Wars character, was played well by Harrison Ford.
½ January 26, 2017
An exhilarating movie experience that appeals to the geek in all of us. (First full viewing - In my early twenties)
January 23, 2017
Excellent movie. Worth watching over and over again.
January 23, 2017
Classic. Slightly outdated but still incredibly entertaining. Cinematography amazing for the time.
January 22, 2017
'That's great kid! don't get cocky.'

The lightsaber spark that ignited 'Franchise Cinema' as we know it. It's success is mainly because it gives the audience something it has seen before disguised as Sci-fi - a familiar story set in a then unfamiliar landscape. Its dialogue is clunky, some of its creatures look like they were made accidentally in a skip but somehow there is so much memorale stuff here. iconic themes, scenes and characters that basically changed Hollywood. it endures and ensures

'the force will be with you... always.'
½ January 21, 2017
Introducing cleverly well thought-out and creative fictional screenplay elements and sci-fi robot and alien designs, as well as bringing "resistance" against the cliche Disney stereotype that the princess is right about who's going to rescue her (the charming hero she's expecting who agrees right away to save her and does) when she's wrong and she gets a previously unknown nobody (Luke) and another man who didn't care about her life but just does so for the reward (Han Solo) and these heroes being allied with the real characters that make this movie sci-fi (the robots and the aliens), Star Wars has redefined the genres of science fiction and the movie genre of rescuing the beautiful princess. Star Wars is one of the rare movies that is so good that not even the creator won't stop tampering with it in hopes of staying up-to-date or being added onto with premium content.
January 20, 2017
The first Star Wars ever made. I could almost imagine how awesome it was when it came out in 1977. Even though it's doesn't have as good looking of effects and picture like today's movies, but back then it was probably as spectacular for those people back when it was new as much as we see and think of movies today. A New Hope doesn't have much of any slow parts at all in the film. It also has good acting, great fight scenes, and of course a great and clever story to begin one of the most popular trilogies of all time. There isn't much movies out there like any of the Star Wars movies.
½ January 19, 2017
Star Wars: A New Hope was undoubtedly a rough start for the saga - with a poor script, poor effects, and poor acting. However, a few scenes from the movie make up in part for the negatives to the movie.
½ January 16, 2017
Great movie, a classic in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Adventure genre. :)
January 14, 2017
Its not just that its a classic in every sense of the word, it really is actually that good
January 14, 2017
nothing to add *great movie
January 10, 2017
Probably the most classic movie of all time!
January 7, 2017
This is where it all began. It is a great Star Wars movie and is loved by all! This is a great movie!