Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reviews

July 21, 2017
Only the most epic movie of all time
July 20, 2017
It's impossible to express in a mini-review how much I enjoyed watching Star Wars IV. A spectacular film that will never lose appeal! And yes, I'm putting off the prequels until I've watched the decent three. Star Wars, needless to say, is a classic. It's spectacular. Star Wars is one of the most engrossing films of all time; testament to the world that George Lucas managed to create and execute on screen. The SFX in Star Wars hold up amazingly well. Everything looks realistic - meaning the story is taken seriously through the entertainment. Star Wars introduces some of the most iconic characters in cinematic history, and it does so flawlessly. All performances are wonderful. I can't revel about Star Wars enough; there aren't enough adjectives in the dictionary. It'll be watched & adored by audiences forever.
½ July 20, 2017
A very good movie I love it and will always be amazing
July 20, 2017
Star wars from beginning to end is an experience like no other.The Effects,Characters,Story,Music,acting,script,are all genius.You identify with Luke on his journey,You love Han solo because he is swag and cool,You Quote Obi wan because he is wise and thoughtful,Girls look up to Leia as a strong young women,You laugh at C-3PO and R2-D2 because there funny,You feel intimated by Vader because he has a commanding presence,You hum the Binary Sunset theme because it's catchy,and you have fun to watch this movie because it is a legend.
July 18, 2017
The God father of science fiction film. The holy grail of cinema and the one that started it all. Even if you are not a sci-fi fan this movie is a must. No other film in history has managed to be as original or captivate the imagination of millions around the world. You can barely watch any TV show or movie today without some sort of reference to Star Wars. A true triumph in film making and in storytelling. It still holds up today 40 years after it was made which is a true testament of how good it is. A perfect blend of adventure, love, comedy and action all put together in a motion picture that will steal your hearts.

And if your one of the people who does not like it then thats OK. But, if you consider yourself a film lover, then this milestone is a must.
July 17, 2017
By far my favorite of the series. It never gets old. Just such a classic, pulpy Sci-Fi adventure packed with great characters and setting a fantastic mythology up.
½ July 16, 2017
pretty good movie but not the best star wars
July 14, 2017
This is the best star wars movie I have ever seen
July 12, 2017
This is a outstanding movie. This is a great introduction to our beloved franchise. This is a George Lucas masterpiece.
July 12, 2017
A perfect introduction into the world phenomenon it soon became. Fun, entertaining, emotional, and thrill inducing! Star Wars is a triumph of film making and a classic that will live on through the ages.
July 9, 2017
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...... With excitement!!!!!! Best movie of all time and my favourite character is Darth Vader.
July 8, 2017
Almost gave it 4.5 as I think Empire is better, but this one changed everything in ways that no other film has, either before or since.
July 7, 2017
An epic movie and experience. GREAT!!
July 6, 2017
One of the best movies ever made.
July 5, 2017
Do I even need to write a review...cmon now
½ July 5, 2017
A great movie to kick start the entire Star Wars saga. I will admit that the effects do look dated and the acting could have used a little more work, but A New Hope is still one of the most standout movies in the history of cinema.
July 4, 2017
Lightsaber battle was amazing so was the ending instant classic
July 1, 2017
The thing that STARted these amazing WARS get what I did there
June 30, 2017
Visually breathtaking and groundbreaking, storywise intriguing and exciting, A New Hope nails every aspect a sci-fi blockbuster (and other movies) should.
June 28, 2017
This is where it all began. It is a great Star Wars movie and is loved by all! This is a great movie!