Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reviews

May 8, 2017
Wow!! Best Star Wars sequel yet after the original three!!!! Great continuation of the next generation.
May 6, 2017
This was not my favorite Star Wars a new hope I like the new Star Wars better. And in this one I just don't think there was a whole lot of light saber fighting. I like Obie wan fighting Darth Vader
May 4, 2017
Star Wars: A New Hope is the first movie in the Star Wars Franchise and is one of the best in the franchise! It's a great film, the story is a classic, the characters are perfect and so is the cast. Director/Creator George Lucas does a fabulous job with this movie. The musical score by John Williams is perfect and is also a classic.
½ May 3, 2017
One of the best films ever made. Revolutionized what filmmakers could do with CGI.
½ April 26, 2017
Star Wars a new hope is really great, it was so great it was considered the death of cinema. This movie is perfect the way it is.
½ April 26, 2017
Simply one of the most important movies of all time! Right after Spielberg's "Jaws", "Star Wars" had redefined the concept of blockbuster movies forever! John Williams' score is just perfect and the characters were perfectly set up for the rest of the future franchise, obviously without knowing the franchise would eventually advance!
April 23, 2017
No movie has affected my life such as this one. I remember the first time it was shown on TV. I recorded it on VHS, and watched it every day for a week. Critically speaking, no it is not the "best" of the series, but it will always be my favorite movie of all time. And I am so thankful I still have the original versions to watch. Every one of Lucas's "improvements" have weakened it, and I feel sorry for the children of this century, who will never see a great movie the way it was meant to be seen.
April 23, 2017
BEST SCI-FI EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The Movie That Changed The World
Amazing Visuals of That Time,Memorable Legendary Characters And Very Much More
But The Only Problem is Corny And Cheesy Dialouge
Still It Is Best Sci-fi Movie Ever
April 22, 2017
My Re-Edit of STAR WARS removed many of the BLANK WHITE SCREENS that flash before your eyes, and yet, contain no actual content from the movie,
April 20, 2017
It's...just average. Has some terribly slow pacing in the middle which drags the film down to a yawn and doesn't pick up again until near the end. Its no where near being the best film in the saga and feels dated but hey, they had to start somewhere.
April 17, 2017
perfection...and it's not even the best in the series
April 17, 2017
Packed with exicting characters and action sequences, Star Wars A new hope is a classic of science-fiction and cinema in general.
½ April 15, 2017
Do I really have to say why this film is a master piece........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,°~~,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,¦,u,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,¦j,,,,¢,,,,,¦op,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦,............
½ April 9, 2017
All I'm gonna say is there's a reason this film is so iconic and has spawned an entire franchise.
April 9, 2017
Extremely good, but more boring than you remember. But it's still very cool to watch. The original Star Wars movie is really good. Good to see.
½ April 9, 2017
Great acting and visuals. However, slow.
½ April 2, 2017
A classic that put the spark to so many generations of future films, not only Star Wars. An entertaining film that goes full speed ahead with it's space fantasy adventure and never hits the breaks.
½ April 2, 2017
March 30, 2017
One of the best experiences I've had with cinema.
Not only is it visually great even in these times, but it works as an introduction to a huge universe that has been expanding over the years.
A totally enjoyable, artistic and exciting film.
March 29, 2017
This movie was awesome. Not as much action as The Empire Strikes Back, but better dialogue.