Star Wars - Clone Wars: Vol. 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars - Clone Wars: Vol. 1 Reviews

November 2, 2010
a great and underrated movie that bridges the gap between episode 2 and 3 perfectly
May 27, 2010
The newer ones are better, imo
May 8, 2010
Volume 1 wasn't near as good as the recent Clone Wars movie and the subsequent animated TV shows, mainly because the animation in Volume 1 was WAY worse. Good stories and not-so-lame dialogue, however. I just like better animation.
½ November 6, 2009
The best what the Star Wars Universe ever brought to us its absoultely hillarious
April 3, 2009
An excellent cartoon that captures the feel of the Star Wars movies while adding its own cool twist. :fresh:
September 17, 2008
A masterpiece, with this film you can see Star Wars was meant to be animated because it looks and feels more epic since the battles are faster without looking fake and there is no comedy relief, well C 3P0 is still there but not a central character so it does not count. The battle between Assaj Ventress and Anakin Skywalker might be the best battle in the Star Wars Universe just behind Anakin vs Obi Wan in Episode 3 which is better but not by that much. The Clones are truly cold and simply bad ass in this series, they coordinate in teamwork like a clock does, masterpiece
August 15, 2008
The Clone Wars is infact better than Episode 1,2 and 3 put together.
½ July 14, 2008
Great tv series. Verry fun to watch
October 3, 2006
'Star Wars' Clone Wars is an animated film (or series) that takes place between 'Attack of the Clones' and 'Revenge of the Sith'. It takes a little while to get used to the style of animation of the series, and I am not sure that it really works; it looks like it was just cheap to make. For a science fiction film and the amount of interest that Star Wars has and the money that it makes, I would have expected a different style of animation. The sequences are okay with some decent battle scenes and new worlds. Overall, you can take it or leave it; you do not really need to see this in order to understand or get into 'Revenge of the Sith', but it probably would help understand some of the story line.
½ December 23, 2005
I was expecting Saturday cartoons but instead this is quite a good if short animation set in the interlude between Episode 2 and 3. The animation is not of the highest level yet in its leaning-towards-anime appearance renders quite well characters that are a bit thin in the Star Wars episodes, and adds a few new ones. I liked this animated portrayal of Anakin far more than what we had to put up with in the movies, while Obi Wan is almost too awesome to be real. Its a combo of several shorts that paste together pretty well, and there's at least a Volume 2.

The DVD has a pretty good making of and docu, along with some stuff that was too nerdy for me. The show looks great on a big screen but its just too bad its only a stereo soundtrack. I could process it for 5.1 but nada on any LFE of which there would've been plenty considering all the battles. The DVD gets a 7/10.
½ December 15, 2005
Checking my reviews it seems like I hadn't reviewed the Clone Wars animated series. I think it would be a good thing to review it seeing how I just recently re-watched it along with the new volume two DVD.

The first Volume of this great series takes place after the events in Star Wars Clone Wars. See that movie didn't actually have the clone wars, I mean it did have the clones, but that wasn't until the end of the movie, so this series shows you what happened during the actual clone wars.

And boy is it fun. You get to see most of your favorite Jedi fighting on different planets that need there help from the separatist. The Jedi use the help of the clones to take out the massive droid armies, that unless they're Mace Windu or Yoda they can't beat by themselves.

Thats really the only problem with this series, the power of some of these Jedi are just extraordinary. I know the Jedi are ancient and powerful, but they are just ridiculous in this series, and it makes you wonder why they ever lost. But even with that my favorite short involved the ub[font=Times New Roman, serif][/font]r powerful Mace Windu, a hell of a lot of droids, and some world stomper.

This series is a must own for any Star Wars fan, or any animation fan, this is just a great series based in the Star Wars Universe.
½ May 26, 2005
Finally a decent Star Wars story! It is directed by Genndy Tartakovsky (over Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack). It starts immediately before Attack of the Clones and leads up perfectly to Revenge of the Sith and gives some necessary background. Volume One consists of twenty shorts that are mostly action oriented scenerios showing the Jedi's fighting against the separatist army. Volume Two are longer episodes with most plot/dialog and introduce General Grievous, show the kidnapping of Senator Palpatine and a couple of great sidestories that show Anakin turning to the dark side.

This is a must see for any Star Wars fans. It has the same voice actors as from the SW video games, and they do a very good job of imitating the voices of the movie stars. Don't be thrown off by the chapter numbers on these episodes though. Volume One was a series of twenty 3 minute action-oriented shorts. Volume Two was a series of five 12 minute chapters that have more plot and lead directly into the first scene of Revenge of the Sith. Altogether Clone Wars is around 2 hours.
½ May 19, 2005
[b]Clone Wars

[/b]Very well animated and a nice compilation to the series. I like how it details the events between Episodes II and III.
May 19, 2005
it was great, but i felt a little dissapointed despite it being such a great movie. i thought the plot moved a long too fast, i was expecting it to take place over a longer period of time. i'll enjoy it more on my next viewing though, and it'll probably be my favorite of the prequels but i still like the OT better and i think the clone wars cartoons are still better.
May 8, 2005
Very disappointing... With all the hype that this movie recieved I expected much more.
May 1, 2005

Nothing to say.
½ April 25, 2005
[font=Courier New]I could go into saying how this series gives Star Wars fans what the prequel trilogy has failed to, but I like these films perfectly fine. And the same goes for this amazing animated series from Cartoon Network. The idea of finally seeing the [b]Clone Wars[/b] gives me a thrill that reminded me of when I was younger and watching [i]A New Hope[/i], and hearing the term ?Clone Wars.?

At first, this series seemed to be a way of giving fan favorite characters a little more screen time. But once the first few episodes pass by, a serious story starts to form. And I honestly got a feeling of how the Clone Wars were taking a toll on the people in the [i]Star Wars[/i] Universe.

There is also the amazing new characters. General Grievous, who will have a pivotal role in [i]Revenge of the Sith[/i], is introduced in this series. The emotionless Jedi killer paints an impressive picture on the horrible events that are about to ravage the Jedi.

The DVD for this series is really great because it combines all the five minute shorts into one movie. It is pieced together so well, that you actually feel you are watching another [i]Star Wars[/i] film. This is a must have for all [i]Star Wars[/i] fans. [/font]