Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Reviews

½ November 14, 2018
While it does reflect the original film in many ways, new, captivating characters make it a wonderful tribute.
November 14, 2018
A love letter to the original trilogy
November 13, 2018
Un ottimo film ponte tra la trilogia originale e quella nuova. Splendidi gli effetti, ben spartiti tra computergrafica ed effetti tangibili, e la storia, che ripercorre a grandi linee quella del primo, storico Guerre Stellari, riesce a introdurre bene vecchi e nuovi personaggi, senza troppo fanservice. Tra i meglio diretti della serie, J.J. Abrams fa il meglio che puņ per portare la saga a una nuova generazione di spettatori, e il risultato č ottimo.
November 13, 2018
Not sure why they decided to redo the original but with less interesting characters.
½ November 12, 2018
Devastatingly disappointing
November 12, 2018
I think this is my favorite Star Wars movie!
November 11, 2018
Nonstop forced action, and I didn't care about any of the characters
November 11, 2018
A mediocre movie to start the Disney era of Star Wars. They obviously played it very safe with this one, following the formula of A New Hope in way too many ways. I would have liked to have seen more of Poe in this movie, and maybe a little less of Rey (she seems to be too good at too many things to be an interesting character). But the movie still feels like Star Wars, which is good enough.
½ November 11, 2018
I didn't like it. It is just copy paste
½ November 11, 2018
Very good movie, Only major complaint was (SPOILERS!!!!: The major death in the film was obvious do to a lack of handlebars)
November 7, 2018
Disney ruined Star Wars. Never been more disappointed leaving a movie theatre. Will never go see another Star Wars movie in my life.
½ November 6, 2018
This movie is written by cowards who want to get money much as possible abusing name of the franchise. Why is there a new Imperium (first order). Why not try something new. Otherwise the movie was pretty good.
November 5, 2018
Fan service jerk off material.
½ November 5, 2018
The Force Awakens is... okay. I mean, its not the best Star Wars film, but it certainly is not the worst. It does its best to copy the formula that made the original trilogy beloved by the fans. And I mean it copys to a fault. Also didn't care much for Han's send off in this film. His death felt obvious and rushed. Again, this isn't bad, but not great either.
November 4, 2018
This film repeats storyline from the original trilogy which is quite unoriginal and dull to say the least. Not enough time is spent on each characters backstory or personal development other than what is needed for the plot of the film. Rey as a character is a complete and utter Mary Sue she is somehow able to resist Kylo Ren's mind probe without much effort and without any clear reason is able to use a force mind trick within seconds of discovery. Another point is that she was able to fly the Millennium Falcon and perform crazy maneuvers without any training other than simulation which don't get me wrong is impressive but is upsetting to me because Rey herself said that the falcon hasn't flown in years and yet she is somehow able to pilot a ship she has no experience before. A few things that I love about the film is the visual and the action sequences but the pacing in the film is periodic where a few minutes would be spent in what it's trying to be exposition but it leads instantly into an action scene then cuts immediately to exposition that gets rushed. It made me feel as if I had no idea what was going on with the rest of the galaxy as what the real threat of the first order truly is, what has happened to some of the older characters and have no real understanding to new characters overall history and story except for Finn which the film actually told his story perfectly.
November 2, 2018
"Let the past die, kill it if you have to.". The script told us what it was trying to do and, IMHO, it succeeded. I lost all need to see more SW films after this and haven't even seen Solo.
½ October 30, 2018
Sad, Very sad movie. JJ Binks should have never touched star wars. Finn should have been Kyle Katarn (imperial > mercenary > Jedi Knight) and trained by luke skywalker with ray (Kenobi) who actually has to train
October 29, 2018
I know a lot of people have complained about The Force Awakens, but I don't care. This film did everything I wanted it to do.

Is there another Death Star-like base? Yeah, but I don't mind it. After the (first two) prequels, I believe it was the right choice to give us something familiar before going off to do something very different.

Even when that happens, people STILL like to complain. The Force Awakens is full of fantastic effects, rich character personalities and development, and a great introduction to a great new future.

10/10
October 27, 2018
A great movie, the best one in 2015
½ October 26, 2018
I don't see how such a bad movie has such a high rating. Must be nostalgia.