Star Wars: Holiday Special - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Holiday Special Reviews

March 1, 2017
1/5 Stars. So bad it hurts. It gets briefly amusing at times with unintended lulz, but overall it's hideous. Chewie's grandpa Itchy gets a sex machine, his son Lumpy squawks like a maddened chimpanzee, and music segments come courtesy of Lite Brite technology. Much of the movie, especially the start, has no real dialogue, just wookiee grunts, making for a rather annoying watch. Instead of following Han and Chewie, most of the special has you sit around with Chewie's family while they basically do nothing. I did like how the ending featured them tripping balls and joining a death cult, after which they swore a suicide pact. That was fun. Or unintended. I'm not sure which. Anyways, the highlight of this is the short Boba Fett cartoon, which has bizarre fluid robots and elastic humans, produced by Canada's very own Nelvana. This was Boba's first ever appearance (this came out just after A New Hope). That aside, god help you if you ever decide to watch this.
½ January 18, 2017
This bad fever dream of a TV special was so incoherent, so boring, and so bizarre that by the end I was left wondering to myself "What the hell was that?"
½ December 26, 2016
What was the point of this bullshit?
½ December 23, 2016
So people complain about the Star Wars prequels being terrible. But yet they never seen this abomination, I'm sorry am I the only who thinks this is the worst.
December 18, 2016
Worth watching for the animated short, which introduces Boba Fett, and the general 'WTF factor' of it all.
½ December 15, 2016
"...I can't believe I went through this. This thing is an abomination against humanity and this thing was so bad, it made 'Attack of the Clones' look good...that's how bad this thing is! There are so many things wrong with this piece of garbage and the things is...people made this. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!? From the first 15 minutes, I began to question humanity. I think it should be renamed 'The Wookie Holiday Special'. I have to agree with George Lucas when he once said "If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it.""
December 15, 2016
Alright, this movie is hilarious, even when it's not trying to be. It's the big-screen definition of LSD. It's so bad that it's good. It's my favorite of the bad Star Wars movies and I prefer it over Attack of the Clones by just a little.
December 10, 2016
Taking obvious shots from a new hope,being completely boring and uninteresting,attimes plain ridiculous make this holiday special even George Lucas has come out to say if he had a sledgehammer and time he would destroy all copies of
December 8, 2016
The infamous Star Wars Holiday Special is every bit as bad as you've heard. It's tedious and bizarre. There's about 20 minutes of incomprehensible wookie grunting and growling. Chewbacca's father, Scratchy, watches an erotic video, Mark Hamill has so much makeup he looks like a talking mannequin (truly creepy), then Carrie Fisher sings a painful song at the end for the crummy Life Day ending. If you were not a Star Wars fan in 1978 and decided to catch this "special" on TV just to see what the craze was all about, you would probably have been turned off the whole thing. It took me three sittings to get through the entire thing, because I kept falling asleep. I'm pretty sure no one got through the entire airing the one and only time this was on TV, which is why this travesty has mostly been forgotten.
August 26, 2016
A triple insult to fans of sci fi, the holiday season, and cinema in general. Nothing redeems this movie at all, it is depressingly terrible in its wasted potential. I have a tradition of watching it every December, it really teaches you to appreciate the good things you have in life (which isn't this movie).
½ July 27, 2016
Might be the worst thing to ever come out of Star Wars. The fact that money was even spent on this is unfathomable. Makes The Phantom Menace look like The Godfather
July 27, 2016
So bad. You can see cocaine dust on Carrie Fisher's fingers, and Harrison Ford denies he was ever in this shit.
½ June 28, 2016
if i could give a 0 star i would
June 6, 2016
Lol! this was so dumb
½ June 4, 2016
The only reason I have this at 1 1/2 stars is because of the boba fett appearance
½ May 31, 2016
SO BAD, would rate a 0 if I could
May 15, 2016
Thisis awful but entertaining in a sureal way
½ April 30, 2016
This is literally the worst movie I've seen in my life. I hated everything on it but the ewoks. Now I understand why George Lucas wants every copy of this burned!
Really, if you want to waste 2 hours of your life, watch it. The plot is bad, the acting is bad, the scenography is bad and the effects are bad; and I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan.
March 30, 2016
I just chocked on my on blood.
½ March 27, 2016
Worst thing in history!!!! I'll give it half a star for making me laugh at how bad it is! There are just things that you can't unsee!