Star Wars: Holiday Special - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Holiday Special Reviews

December 8, 2016
The infamous Star Wars Holiday Special is every bit as bad as you've heard. It's tedious and bizarre. There's about 20 minutes of incomprehensible wookie grunting and growling. Chewbacca's father, Scratchy, watches an erotic video, Mark Hamill has so much makeup he looks like a talking mannequin (truly creepy), then Carrie Fisher sings a painful song at the end for the crummy Life Day ending. If you were not a Star Wars fan in 1978 and decided to catch this "special" on TV just to see what the craze was all about, you would probably have been turned off the whole thing. It took me three sittings to get through the entire thing, because I kept falling asleep. I'm pretty sure no one got through the entire airing the one and only time this was on TV, which is why this travesty has mostly been forgotten.
August 26, 2016
A triple insult to fans of sci fi, the holiday season, and cinema in general. Nothing redeems this movie at all, it is depressingly terrible in its wasted potential. I have a tradition of watching it every December, it really teaches you to appreciate the good things you have in life (which isn't this movie).
½ July 27, 2016
Might be the worst thing to ever come out of Star Wars. The fact that money was even spent on this is unfathomable. Makes The Phantom Menace look like The Godfather
July 27, 2016
So bad. You can see cocaine dust on Carrie Fisher's fingers, and Harrison Ford denies he was ever in this shit.
½ June 28, 2016
if i could give a 0 star i would
June 6, 2016
Lol! this was so dumb
½ June 4, 2016
The only reason I have this at 1 1/2 stars is because of the boba fett appearance
½ May 31, 2016
SO BAD, would rate a 0 if I could
May 15, 2016
Thisis awful but entertaining in a sureal way
½ May 10, 2016
So people complain about the Star Wars prequels being terrible. But yet they never seen this abomination, I'm sorry am I the only who thinks this is the worst.
½ April 30, 2016
This is literally the worst movie I've seen in my life. I hated everything on it but the ewoks. Now I understand why George Lucas wants every copy of this burned!
Really, if you want to waste 2 hours of your life, watch it. The plot is bad, the acting is bad, the scenography is bad and the effects are bad; and I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan.
March 30, 2016
I just chocked on my on blood.
½ March 27, 2016
Worst thing in history!!!! I'll give it half a star for making me laugh at how bad it is! There are just things that you can't unsee!
½ March 16, 2016
Seriously, check this special out one day, it'll make you never look at wookies the same way again.
½ March 8, 2016
Worst movie you're ever likely to see. Made in 1978 to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars, it's a mish-mash of gobbledygook with a stupid plot. I think it was designed to be a vehicle for popular entertainment acts of that era, like Jefferson Starship, embedded in a PC sci-fi, Star Wars backdrop. It takes place on "Life Day" on the Wookie planet. How hokey and PC can you get? I can't believe this movie gets 50% on RT. Must be because so few people have been able to see it. It was shown once, on 11/17/78, and the reaction was so negative, it's never been shown again nor released on Beta/VCR/DVD/Blueray. I'll bet Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher don't have this on their resumes. One positive note, though - it features the debut of Boba Fett in a cartoon short.
February 14, 2016
Hahaha this looks stupid and hilarious. That is the only reason why I want to watch it. Also because it's Star Wars.
½ February 4, 2016
A total piece of garbage, an atrocity against the human race and mankind, I would give it 0 stars but Flickster won't let me, hell I'd even give it negative stars
February 2, 2016
I'm ashamed to have watched and enjoyed this as a child.
January 17, 2016
the second star goes to the wookie erotico-psychedelic delirium =) this scene and the music are just awesome!!!
½ January 10, 2016
This is shit. It should have 0% on rotten tomatoes. . . .