Star Wars: Holiday Special - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Holiday Special Reviews

May 15, 2016
Thisis awful but entertaining in a sureal way
½ April 30, 2016
This is literally the worst movie I've seen in my life. I hated everything on it but the ewoks. Now I understand why George Lucas wants every copy of this burned!
Really, if you want to waste 2 hours of your life, watch it. The plot is bad, the acting is bad, the scenography is bad and the effects are bad; and I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan.
March 30, 2016
I just chocked on my on blood.
½ March 27, 2016
Worst thing in history!!!! I'll give it half a star for making me laugh at how bad it is! There are just things that you can't unsee!
½ March 16, 2016
Seriously, check this special out one day, it'll make you never look at wookies the same way again.
½ March 8, 2016
Worst movie you're ever likely to see. Made in 1978 to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars, it's a mish-mash of gobbledygook with a stupid plot. I think it was designed to be a vehicle for popular entertainment acts of that era, like Jefferson Starship, embedded in a PC sci-fi, Star Wars backdrop. It takes place on "Life Day" on the Wookie planet. How hokey and PC can you get? I can't believe this movie gets 50% on RT. Must be because so few people have been able to see it. It was shown once, on 11/17/78, and the reaction was so negative, it's never been shown again nor released on Beta/VCR/DVD/Blueray. I'll bet Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher don't have this on their resumes. One positive note, though - it features the debut of Boba Fett in a cartoon short.
February 14, 2016
Hahaha this looks stupid and hilarious. That is the only reason why I want to watch it. Also because it's Star Wars.
½ February 4, 2016
A total piece of garbage, an atrocity against the human race and mankind, I would give it 0 stars but Flickster won't let me, hell I'd even give it negative stars
February 2, 2016
I'm ashamed to have watched and enjoyed this as a child.
January 17, 2016
the second star goes to the wookie erotico-psychedelic delirium =) this scene and the music are just awesome!!!
½ January 10, 2016
This is shit. It should have 0% on rotten tomatoes. . . .
½ January 5, 2016
just thank god this isn't canon to the star wars movies. This makes the prequel trilogy look like Shakespeare its that bad.
January 4, 2016
43%
Completely annoying yet utterly fascinating, The Star Wars Holiday Special cannot be unseen, no matter how much George Lucas wishes it could be.
January 4, 2016
For the most part, the Holiday Special is an insult to everything Star Wars is, and what it should never be. However, it is still incredibly entertaining in its own right, featuring unsubtitled Wookiee for half the film, cameos from actors from the actual movies that are most likely on drugs (their respective screentimes are too short to be considered more than that), some bizarre musical numbers, and a trippy ending sequence.

Objective Verdict: F
Enjoyment-based verdict: A+
½ December 31, 2015
Ten minutes of wookies going "Mrrrrooooa." Ten.
½ December 30, 2015
This is not Star Wars. Although Boba Fett makes his first appearance, this is too laughable to be Star Wars.
½ December 29, 2015
Worse than you can possibly imagine. Seriously, try to think of the worst Star Wars anything you can and this will top it in awfulness. Yes, it's that bad.
December 26, 2015
There wasn't any point in this where I was not entertained in some way.
December 25, 2015
The memories I have of this feel like a childhood memory of a very very bad dream.
½ December 25, 2015
No, get me away from this abomination!