Star Wars: Holiday Special - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Holiday Special Reviews

December 15, 2015
This is the only thing Star Wars creator; George Lucas has since distanced himself from, in the entire history of the Star Wars franchise. This awful television Christmas/Holiday special has hardly any sense of a complete plot, neither does it reflect the true vision, ingenuity, technicality or story world depth of the Star Wars Universe. In fact it almost feels like a parody of the franchise overall, mostly due to it's shoddy and camp production value, weird mind-fucking skits and downright terrible scripting that was bad enough for the main cast of the original film to return to. I might give it some credit for the skits and clips having their moments of almost sparse ironic entertainment mostly associated with the para-cinematic value of Star Wars, eg. Boba Fett cartoon and Cantina musical scene. Everything else is just downright terrible, it makes the Prequel Trilogy look like "The Godfather", you really just have to see this thing to believe it, and No!!! I don't encourage it on any level (just stay away from it).
December 12, 2015
This sounds like the worst idea in history
½ December 7, 2015
Insufferably awful and a real chore to sit through.
½ November 30, 2015
Star Wars The Holiday Special is almost unwatchable, most of the 90 minute run time is padded with the most cringeworthy filler of all time. This should have been only a half an hour long, it could've been fun!
½ November 19, 2015
Quite literally the worst film I have ever seen. On par with Baby Geniuses.
½ November 13, 2015
Oh god... I don't even, I mean... just... oh god.
½ October 7, 2015
Permission to say OMFG?? I suggest buying the great Rifftrax version of this sad late 70ies TV Special stinker. ...it"s worth it for Be Arthur and Carrie Fisher singing a cheesy music number alone.
September 14, 2015
A shamefully poor waste of the star wars name. Not bad enough to be funny...just bad
September 4, 2015
I decided to watch it with the RiffTrax commentary, but that didn't help anything. I got about 50 minutes in when suddenly all the power in my neighborhood went out, sparing me anymore of this travesty. Thanks God...
½ August 12, 2015
It has a wonderful animated segment !
August 10, 2015
Okay, you know George Lucas? The guy who's okay with Howard the Duck and Jar Jar Binks? He's personally ASHAMED of this movie. Let that sink in.
½ May 23, 2015
Who made this, this isn't the Star Wars I love, this is the one I almost hate.
½ May 3, 2015
My least favorite movie
½ April 30, 2015
Watch this with your friends and have a good time, but never view it more than once
½ March 31, 2015
You know how people say that some films, which they call "camp classics" are so bad that they circle around to be actually good? Star Wars Holiday special is the one thing that achieves that, but is so bad that it cycles right back around again to be the worst thing to ever hit television.
March 21, 2015
STIR WHIP STIR WHIP WHIP WHIP STIR
½ March 15, 2015
Not convinced that it wasn't produced by a sentient bag of cocaine.
½ February 21, 2015
Awful, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have a good laugh watching this... thing
½ January 26, 2015
The worst piece of shit movie ever to come in contact with my eyeballs. Almost ruined one of my favorite movie trilogies.
½ January 23, 2015
WORST THING EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST THAN BATMAN AND ROBIN, GARBAGE PAIL KIDS, CATWOMAN, JAWS 3 AND 4, ANY ED WOOD MOVIE (SERIOUSLY), WORSE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!