Reviews

• 2d ago

I know this film is polarizing. I know that a lot of fans felt slighted when it released. To me, though, this movie did it. It recaptured Star Wars. The irony of the main theme ("let the past die") was a clear message to us fans. Fans that hold on dearly to these franchises, to the warm nostalgia we feel when we hear Williams longing score as Luke looks over the suns of Tatooine. Fans that have read books after books of evil generals. Of Rogue Squadrons, of Droids, and play games based on the Knights of yore. We can no longer be the gatekeepers of what makes "good" Star Wars. No, we are merely voyeurs in a vast cosmos, along for the ride. Star Wars belongs to a new generation. And though, I walked away from this movie feeling like I did when I was 5 and my dad showed me Empire Strikes Back on LaserDisc, it pales in comparison to how much joy this movie brings the next generation of fans, something I've witnessed time and time again. It's second core message, that greatness can come from anywhere, is one that the sequel loses, with its split Jedi family tree between the Palpatines and Skywalkers. This movie's message inspires, and gives hope. Though, I may be too old to have those dreams and whimsical feelings of doing great things, I hope it gives kids those exact sentiments. Be open minded with this film. From the cinematography, to its challenge of generally held Star Wars cliches, to its absolutely gorgeous score (particularly, "The Spark"), this movie is awe inspiring. Though, not perfect, it's worth a watch. At the very least, to see what all the controversy was about.

• 2d ago

By far the WORST Star Wars film in the series. The terrible dialog, wasted character arc's, misplaced Marvel-style humour, lore-breaking plot points and complete misunderstanding of the point of Star Wars had made for what goes beyond a self-parody and appears as though an insult to the franchise and it's fans.

• 3d ago

Star Wars: The Last Jedi stands out as a glimmer of originality in a movie trilogy just trying to copy its source material.

• Sep 18, 2021

worst Star Wars Ever. Plothole Story is generic. Force Healing is just stupid

worst Star Wars Ever. Plothole Story is generic. Force Healing is just stupid

• Sep 18, 2021

My favorite Star Wars film of all time. It used to be Empire, but every time I watch this one it amazes me even more than in the first time when I already loved it deeply. Failure is the main theme of the film for me, and also learning from it. We see - and listen to Yoda saying - it in Luke, again very clearly in Poe and Finn, as well as in Rey, who failed to bring Ben to join them, as she was so confident she would do. Visually, the film stunning and has some of the most beautiful scenes in the whole saga. Finally, I don't even need to talk much about John Williams's score, which is fantastic as usual.

• Sep 14, 2021

It wasn't a good Star Wars movie but it neither was so bad as people say. "Attack of the Clones" is even worse, STOP THE HATE!!. 7/10

• Sep 11, 2021

0/10 By far the worst star wars movie ever made.

0/10 By far the worst star wars movie ever made.

• Sep 09, 2021

I have never seen a movie more cheesy, ridiculous, more stupid, more disappointing than this movie right here

• Sep 09, 2021

ambitious and competent, this movie on its own merits is a complete success, save for some rather poor use of this trilogy's major characters such as Finn and Rose

This actually a really damn good film