Reviews

• 4d ago

Absolutely awful, complete trash, even the prequels where meme worthy, these films are just painful to watch.

• 5d ago

I’d give it zero stars if I could. The prequels were not great films, but at least they didn’t blatantly contradict the whole story world they were meant to expand. The Last Jedi is a perfect litmus test for a movie critic. Anyone who didn’t hate it is thenceforth not worth reading.

• Nov 28, 2021

The best one of the sequels, exactly because it dares to ignore the more hysterical and conservative part of the fanbase and takes a risk by bringing some real, palpable originality back into Star Wars instead of being *another* destroy-the-death-star clone of ep. V - A New Hope (like ep. VII - the Force Awakens or ep. VI - Return of the Jedi before that) or being an absolute shitshow like ep. VIII (Rise of Skywalker).

• Nov 26, 2021

Went out of its way to destroy beloved characters, only to replace them with non-entities. Has there ever been a character so devoid of personality as Rey?

• Nov 25, 2021

Absolute horse crap. The fact that I'm angry enough to write this review years after it came out should give you a sense of my disappointment. Just in case the pointless subplots weren't bad enough, they made sure to butcher Luke Skywalker's character beyond recognition. They betrayed the heart and meaning of Star Wars, and they replaced character development and good story telling with stupid political messages and plot holes. I wish I could get back both the money and the time that I spent to see that movie.

• Nov 25, 2021

As competent as this movie is on a technical level, that cannot save it from bad writing, nonsensical plot, or unfaithfulness to its core narrative. At the end of the day, while defenders of this film hail its merits for diverging from previously-laid Star Wars groundwork, it is that precise deviation that causes it to fail as a Star Wars film. It is irrelevant how good the movie would be if its title wasn’t “Star Wars,” because its title is “Star Wars.”

• Nov 24, 2021

The worst thing I have ever seen on the screen since Dogville where I was violently ill. It's that bad. Makes zero sense.🤷‍♂️

• Nov 24, 2021

One thing sums up this movie - what the frig were they thinking at times! That Princess Lea as Mary Poppins sequence should have won a Razzie for worst sequence in a movie for the year. The rest of the film is either lifeless, goofy, depressing, or an attempt to make a mockery of it's series fanbase. This film proves you can only go so far away from what fans expect before you alienate most of them. I was certainty one of them. Star Wars at it's lowest point.

• Nov 24, 2021

Awful movie. The criticisms have been covered ad nauseam, but I'll point out the most infuriating moment for me: Rose sabotaging Finn's heroic last charge which was followed by the cringiest lines ever. Dozens of people sacrifice their lives to stop the death ray thing and she makes their sacrifice meaningless. Great writing. JFC.

• Nov 23, 2021

The Last Jedi reaches the depths of storytelling, pathos, and imagination that haven't been tapped since the early 1980s. All of the storytelling and technical elements fire on all cylinders as Rian Johnson takes old fans and new on a roller coaster ride of emotions (which some may and will find unsettling.) He respectfully pays homage to the mythos and boldly expands on it to varying degrees of success.