Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

½ July 30, 2016
The movie is fun and I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I just read the book before watching and can't help but compare/contrast (so many differences!). I preferred the book!
½ July 30, 2016
If you are looking for a modern 80s style film, this is it. The jokes, the cheese, the predictable action it is all there just with modern cinematography and effects. A fun little light hearted watch.
July 16, 2016
one of my most favorite movies
June 20, 2016
A fantasy flick that subverts the genre.
June 9, 2016
Interesting story, fabulous actors/actresses, beautifully captured... what more to expect? Already watched it four times now... one of my fav
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
Wasn't expecting much from this film but ended up loving it, Great cast and story and very well done but the ending was a big let down though.
May 21, 2016
An average fantasy but: sweeping photography of panoramic vistas aplenty, a collection of ghosts adding Greek chorus commentary about the action, and Michelle Pfieffer's glorious head witch.
May 3, 2016
An extremely fun adventure :)
April 30, 2016
Stardust wasn't the movie that I expected it to be, but it still was a pretty fun and good film.
½ April 17, 2016
This is a fantastic and fun movie. With awesome storyline, brilliant actor and an incredibly detailed magical world, this is a movie that worth watching again and again. One of my favourite fantasy movie to date.
April 16, 2016
"Stardust" is, indeed, magical, but I never felt particularly immersed in the story.
½ April 16, 2016
Matthew Vaughn's fantasy/adventure/romance/comedy evokes feelings of - dare I say - "The Princess Bride," and in all the right ways. "Stardust" is silly, quirky, imaginative, hilarious, and inspiring all at once, further cementing Vaughn's multi-faceted brand of filmmaking, whilst relating a genuinely engaging story at the same time.
April 6, 2016
This film is so good. Everything it sets out to do it achieves masterfully.
April 4, 2016
Underrated, and tons of fun, Stardust is the perfect definition of an entertaining, action-packed fairytale.
April 4, 2016
I absolutely love this movie! Without a doubt one of the best fantasy adventure films I've seen in a long, long time! The story's great and the cast was amazing! This is definitely one not to be missed!
April 1, 2016
Very nice tale that is extremely imaginative, I enjoyed this movie although I thought oh no when I saw I was going to be watching it, surprised me alot and really worth a watch
March 13, 2016
Dare I say the best fairy tale since Princess Bride.
March 12, 2016
A fun fantasy adventure with something for everyone in the family.
March 11, 2016
Whimsical, fantastic, and mythical only in the way Neil Gaiman can write it. This adaptation from his book of the same name is perfectly fun and romantic. It's a mix between "The Princess Bride" and "Ella Enchanted," a film that evokes childhood fairytales as well as the adult nature of the original Grimm's Fairytales. There's every number of characters, including witches, sky pirates, warring princes, and a fallen star turned beautiful young woman. With stunning visuals, catty humor, and a lovable romantic pair this is a must-see film for all ages. The main problems I had with the film was the strange, slightly homophobic humor of Robert De Niro cross-dressing and putting on a "sissy" voice, and the complexity of the plot, which could have been better condensed for the film adaptation. Otherwise this was a fun, magical journey.
February 22, 2016
Seen it before sweet little movie.....forgettable but sweet.