Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

April 4, 2016
Underrated, and tons of fun, Stardust is the perfect definition of an entertaining, action-packed fairytale.
April 4, 2016
I absolutely love this movie! Without a doubt one of the best fantasy adventure films I've seen in a long, long time! The story's great and the cast was amazing! This is definitely one not to be missed!
April 1, 2016
Very nice tale that is extremely imaginative, I enjoyed this movie although I thought oh no when I saw I was going to be watching it, surprised me alot and really worth a watch
March 13, 2016
Dare I say the best fairy tale since Princess Bride.
March 12, 2016
A fun fantasy adventure with something for everyone in the family.
March 11, 2016
Whimsical, fantastic, and mythical only in the way Neil Gaiman can write it. This adaptation from his book of the same name is perfectly fun and romantic. It's a mix between "The Princess Bride" and "Ella Enchanted," a film that evokes childhood fairytales as well as the adult nature of the original Grimm's Fairytales. There's every number of characters, including witches, sky pirates, warring princes, and a fallen star turned beautiful young woman. With stunning visuals, catty humor, and a lovable romantic pair this is a must-see film for all ages. The main problems I had with the film was the strange, slightly homophobic humor of Robert De Niro cross-dressing and putting on a "sissy" voice, and the complexity of the plot, which could have been better condensed for the film adaptation. Otherwise this was a fun, magical journey.
February 22, 2016
Seen it before sweet little movie.....forgettable but sweet.
February 21, 2016
Could have been a great movie
February 20, 2016
Awesome, best fantasy love story I've watched
February 14, 2016
A solid tale on screen that feels like it was ripped directly off the pages of a classic novel.
½ February 7, 2016
Entertaining enough, I enjoyed the movie, it's particularly easy to fall for Claire Danes. But the movie is overly Korny.
February 5, 2016
It does not go on forever but it seems like it.
January 31, 2016
NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL
½ January 16, 2016
I enjoyed this fantasy. Worth it just for De Niro's performance as the gay flying pirate. Good for families. Lots of swashbuckling. Good special FX (and lots of it). Doesn't take itself too seriously. Sort of reminded me of Princess Bride.
January 2, 2016
This movie is phenomenal. Novel and entertaining.
January 1, 2016
Read the book and loved. Watched the movie, and wondered what happened. no plot points explained and 50% of the movie is just wrong. Boooooo!
December 9, 2015
From the trailers, this movie looked destined to fail. Robert deNiro as a gay pirate sounded like the dumbest idea ever, yet somehow the film managed to pull off a miracle. It was actually good. The plot was engaging and each actor/actress acted their role well with no one being miscast, even deNiro. I have to say Matthew Vaughn has really been in top form with his last 4 movies and I hope he continues the trend.
December 7, 2015
So much fun, great cast, story and landscapes in the UK and Iceland.
November 19, 2015
An amusing, whimsical fairy tale that people of all ages can enjoy.
½ November 8, 2015
What a wonderful, fun family film. Right off the bat, you've just got to love a movie where Michelle Pfeiffer gets ugly and Robert De Niro gets light in the loafer. Unlike many films, Stardust gets into the plot right up front. Not a lot of long, drawn out character development. But nevertheless, the characters are developed well enough throughout the rest of the film to keep one warm, connected, and caring. Of course you've got standard love / fantasy fair, bad brothers seeking fame and glory and the crown above all else, getting their comeuppance, as well as the self-focused romantic interest of the lead. And yes, our hero ends up with the girl, but not the spoiled unworthy one, of course, but the beautiful and powerful one who in being loved for who she is achieves greatest power. You've seen the love fantasy plots before. The evil witches also get their just desserts in the end. With such a star studded cast, great characters, action, and visual appeal, and even Gandalf as narrator, Stardust is a sure fire hit for all the family.