Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

December 7, 2015
So much fun, great cast, story and landscapes in the UK and Iceland.
November 19, 2015
An amusing, whimsical fairy tale that people of all ages can enjoy.
½ November 8, 2015
What a wonderful, fun family film. Right off the bat, you've just got to love a movie where Michelle Pfeiffer gets ugly and Robert De Niro gets light in the loafer. Unlike many films, Stardust gets into the plot right up front. Not a lot of long, drawn out character development. But nevertheless, the characters are developed well enough throughout the rest of the film to keep one warm, connected, and caring. Of course you've got standard love / fantasy fair, bad brothers seeking fame and glory and the crown above all else, getting their comeuppance, as well as the self-focused romantic interest of the lead. And yes, our hero ends up with the girl, but not the spoiled unworthy one, of course, but the beautiful and powerful one who in being loved for who she is achieves greatest power. You've seen the love fantasy plots before. The evil witches also get their just desserts in the end. With such a star studded cast, great characters, action, and visual appeal, and even Gandalf as narrator, Stardust is a sure fire hit for all the family.
October 28, 2015
This was a 2007 fantasy based on a Neil Gaiman novel. It was star-packed and really well-reviewed, so I can't believe I've never heard of it. Claire Danes was a fallen star (literally) with a very convincing British accent. Michelle Pfeiffer was a delightfully wicked witch, and Robert De Niro was an effeminate lightening pirate. It was bizarre watching him flit around in drag and call people "honey", but entertaining. It's definitely worth a watch, and ok for the kiddies--some innuendo that the little brats won't get anyway.
½ October 17, 2015
Stardust is a very underrated movie that is one of the most purely enjoyable flicks I've seen in a while. It has a well crafted and always riveting story with excellent fantasy and romance elements to it, it is well crafted with a plethora of colorful characters, it is also so unique, mature and weird with such a great humor and it is above all immensely charming and fun. It has an annoying protagonist, some weaker performances and poor cinematography, but it is still one of the finest modern fantasy movies I've seen and a film that can bring a smile to your face.
October 11, 2015
It's a wonderful film, but let's be honest, we're really here for Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro, who are thrilling and hilarious.
September 26, 2015
a wonderful fairytale in the vein of the Princess Bride, well written, not horribly acted, beautifully filmed.
½ September 6, 2015
This wasn't a bad little fairy tale. It was fun, swashbuckling, funny and charming. Fun for all ages.
½ August 26, 2015
Ah Matthew Vaughn Directing a fantasy comedy, what more can u want in a film, it's truly fantastic film with a brilliant cast including Clare Danes as a sassy star, Michelle Pfeiffer as a incredible evil witch, Robert De Nero as a feminine Pirate and Mark Strong as a dark evil prince!!
As this is directed my my favourite director and stars very good actors plus a brilliant storyline and script this is better than I thought
It's a great film apples to all people
August 21, 2015
When Stardust was sold to me as "another Princess Bride" I was extraordinarily skeptical, and actually dreaded watching it because I was afraid I'd be massively disappointed. Wow, I could not have been more wrong! This film is simply magical and deserves comparison to The Princess Bride because it captures that blend of comedy, romance, and action. I'll admit that early on I was a bit confused and didn't totally understand what was happening because they don't waste much time on exposition, they allow you to slowly discover how this world works simply by watching. What I loved so much about Stardust was that it gave me a lot of those classic movie moments that I cherish like a contentious relationship that grows into something more, an evil witch that envies youth and beauty, and a quest to retrieve an artifact that will determine the new king. Yet, despite all those classic elements, it also offers some twists to the formula that keep you guessing and deliver something new and different to the genre. This is one of those films where, once I started smiling, I was grinning like a fool for the rest of the 2 hours. I laughed out loud, I shouted out in excitement, and I watched it again the next day. In many ways Stardust made me feel (and act) like a kid again. The wonder was undeniable, the look was amazing, the cast was top notch, even the music took me on a journey. If you like this type of "fairy tale for the whole family," then Stardust is a must-see. Looks like it is time for me to check out Kick-Ass and Layer Cake, because in my opinion Matthew Vaughn has been 3-for-3 in his other directorial efforts.
August 19, 2015
I feel like it was good, but I can't remember... The humor and plot were good, I think. It was very original compared to other movies.
August 13, 2015
It is whimsical and sweet. A nice little family movie. It is one of those movies that can permeate the age boundary. You a little twinkle of magic for the little ones but it has a very dark plot theme. It looks beautiful but it is heavy in adult topics such as murder and homosexuality.
½ August 11, 2015
A lovable, fairy tale soufflé that is all the fun it should be. That said, the director spit in it (may include fornication and cross-dressing), so it seriously annoys while it delights and keeps itself from being appropriate for the pre-teens who would have been its best audience.
August 11, 2015
One of my favorite fantasy movies
August 10, 2015
still haven't seen all of it!
½ August 1, 2015
Faithful, entertaining, but flawed, Stardust is a great adaptation of Neil Gaiman's novel
July 28, 2015
does not do the book justice
alright movie
½ July 27, 2015
Delightful and laugh out loud funny at times. Desperately needs a more heavy-handed editor, certain parts tend to drag, but it's a worthy companion film to The Princess Bride in terms of whimsy and humor.
July 26, 2015
More optimistic than the book, though it does well transferring most other elements to the screen.
July 8, 2015
The fun characters and action is more then enough to entertain.
Grade: B+