Stargate SG-1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stargate SG-1 Reviews

August 28, 2016
A great science fiction show. Nicely combines modern day with mythology, aliens, drama and comedy. The seasonal story arcs are very engaging and leave you wanting more.
June 21, 2016
Awesome show! Does all of the significant things that Star Trek does, only on adrenaline, a more modern era of society, and guns. Because no action adventure show post Reagan-Era is complete without guns.
½ November 27, 2015
Fantastic show, entertaining throughout every season with a great cast and a good amount of comedy. It had its ups and downs, but that's to be expected from such a long running show. Very underrated.
November 10, 2015
Classic TV series. Must watch for all Sci-Fi lovers. First two seasons are not on the same level as the rest. The more you watch, more you love it!
March 20, 2015
good reworking of this sci-fi now a franchise
February 5, 2014
Pros: The show offers a deep and rich universe of the series with emotional and humorous characters.
A bunch of wild stories and ideas with a sci-fi twist.
Cons: None
Q: Will seasons 1-10 will ever be on Blu-ray ?
season 1- 90% fresh
season 2- 89% fresh
season 3- 89% fresh
season 4- 85% fresh
season 5- 86% fresh
season 6- 88% fresh
season 7- 92% fresh
season 8- 100% fresh ( my favorite )
season 9- 82% fresh
season 10- 83% fresh
August 10, 2013
This show definitely had some excellent episodes and a decent storyline to build on and live off of, but, like many shows that run for so long, it eventually got predictable and showed up with some pretty boring stuff. The characters are all quite decent with the exception of Jack O'Neill. I mean, don't get me wrong, he plays an important role and has his great moments, but his character is ridiculous most of the time. His sarcasm and lame jokes get incredibly old and at some times so predictable that it makes your nose bleed. But I mean no disrespect to Richard Dean Anderson himself, because his character in this show doesn't necessarily do him justice.

The humor is mostly cheesy nonsense and is often used at the most inappropriate times, but there are some intentionally hilarious scenes throughout the show. It's often Teal'c who delivers the laughs, which is quite strange, since he's the most serious character.

My final complaint is the combat. The camera seems to imply that they're trying to trick you into thinking that that heat of battle is coming down hard on all of them, but take away the fast changing scenes, and you'll have 30 trained enemy soldiers shooting directly at two members of SG1 and missing by a mile with every single shot.

But I must say, my review is negative but the show show is great. It just has a lot of annoying things attached to it.
½ August 25, 2012
Hallowed are the Ori
April 22, 2012
One of the best TV series ever!!!
March 27, 2012
It's a great tv series that goes beyond our imagination, and gives solutions to unsolved problems. You will certainly think otherwise of the world we live in after you've seen it :)
March 19, 2012
This series expands on the cool, yet simple plot of the original Stargate movie, with great storylines and everything else you want in a sci-fi series like this (spaceships, aliens, pyramids, cool technology, stargates, etc...), and it even comes with Richard Dean Anderson and his trademark brand of humor. It may or may not sound any different than other sci-fi shows, but give it a watch, and you'll see that Stargate SG-1 is on another plane of existence.
January 14, 2012
Definitely my favorurite series of all times. A must see for everyone loving SCI-FI. It's a shame that SCI-FI channel cancelled it, even though it had huge followers and ratings were always high.
January 4, 2012
Best SCI FI tv show ever!
November 17, 2011
I never seen it these all season .
October 8, 2011
STARGATE SG-1 (1997)
May 29, 2011
Stargate Sg-1 is one of the best original sci-fi tv shows ever made. While many sci-fi television series seem to always draw from the same material, Stargate gives a fresh perspective from its seemingly more realistic plot and setting. Would totally recommend this awesome tv show!!
½ January 16, 2011
Season 1: 70%

Season 2: 74%

Season 3: 79%

Season 4: 80%

Season 5: 85%

Season 6: 79%
Was weird without Shanks.
½ January 12, 2011
A very interesting and entertaining series
January 6, 2011
Can't really see this as a film, but rather as an episode within the series. So my high rating is more related to how I view the series. Most certainly one of my favourite series!!! Brilliant how they connect it to ancient Egyptian mythology. Highly entertaining!!!
November 15, 2010
i've seen it when i was a kid. it may be based on the movie the series is just a classic.