Stargate: The Ark of Truth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stargate: The Ark of Truth Reviews

August 31, 2016
Ultimately a film better served after viewing the Stargate series. Even with the recap, the film jumps right by the plot and characters. Fortunately, the story, while murky, isn't too bad and the characters are decent enough. More generous to the fans of the series, but there's nothing wrong with that.
June 20, 2016
Interesting. Lots of action. Not much of a story line.
½ December 1, 2015
I'm excited about this one as it brings some conclusion to the Ori.
June 6, 2015
Stargate: The Ark of Truth is one and a half hour of great adventure and innovative action sequences that truly defines the series.

The movie starts where the series ended. We see the continuous threat of the Ori and SG-1: s attempts to stop them. The opening scene is great, unique and classic SG-1. The movie is overall very similar with the series and its positive aspects. Those are great action, fine CGI and some scenes of epicenes. The Ori is at the same time an awesome enemy, very similar with the Goa'uld. There's a lot going on at the same time and the action is as I said, awesome! The plot is great, but it got some weird plot-holes. Some of those are connected with some of the rules in the Stargate Universe (not the show ;)). They made the movie great, but forgot to think about the basic rules of the movie. The CGI is as I previously mentioned great, but it's a bit vague at some places.
It's the same with the dialogs. This is an aspect both SG-1 and Atlantis is bad at. The dialogs are focused on us, the audience. When they try to explain thing they do it in a way that sounds too forced. It's so obvious sometimes.

But the movie is still awesome. The actors are flawless, especially Michael Shanks, he was surprisingly great in this movie! The soundtrack is also as great as it should be. This is a great follow-up to the series, even if the ending could have been better.

Overall is this a great movie. But the dialogs are the biggest flaw. The focus lies on the action, rather than on the plot, could have been better. It might also have been a bit bigger, more epic! But it's still an awesome continuation of the Stargate saga!

August 10, 2014
The Ark of Truth is a movie truly made for fans of the series. Casual fans might find themselves easily lost wondering where certain characters are, what's going on, who the bad guys are, etc.
For fans who continued to support the franchise, Stargate The Ark of Truth will feel like an extended episode full of everything they've come to love.
So whether you like the movie or not might very well depend on which camp you find yourself in. Are you a die hard fan, casual observer, or have you simply not watched anything since the first movie?
October 19, 2013
More thrilling than the TV series this movie showcases what the big screen can do for that extra thrill. Comfortable acting ensures a pleasurable experience with the added CGI for wonderful galactic views. Action is straightforward but the storyline is well acted and filmed. Nibbles: Digestive cookies.
July 18, 2013
I'm always up for Stargate.
July 5, 2013
I'm glad they got a chance to wrap up hanging elements from the TV series. The special effects and story are true to the franchise but big enough for the theater. Someday I'd like to see this on the big screen.
½ July 1, 2013
For diehard SG1 fans. Nothing special. Didn't feel like a movie, just a 2-part episode. Fairly weak and corny and low budget (like the later episodes of the series).
May 24, 2013
Im a massive fan of stargate this ties up all the loose ends from the series perfectly about the ori storylinea pretty good story,some action and nasty bad guysits a pity that it did'nt make it to the cinema and with a better budget
these films could be amazingnice
send off for the series closing off story loose ends from the tv show
April 14, 2013
What the series finale should have been.
½ March 21, 2013
Nice wrap up of the SG-1 series.
March 9, 2013
2013-03-09 saw for 2nd time
½ January 6, 2013
I liked it, but I didn't like seeing that old enemy again.
December 19, 2012
Fans of "Stargate SG-1" will definitely enjoy this film, which wraps up a number of loose ends left at the end of the television series.
Excellent writing, acting, and directing make this a must-see for fans of the series, although anyone not familiar with the show will no doubt be confused by it. Open the Gate!
½ December 2, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie as it's always good to see SG-1 together again. I'm glad they finished the Ori story. Let's see if that make a movie with both SG-1 and the Atlantis team together!! Who's up for another round of Teal'c and Ronin action!!!! I definately am!! Bring it on!
November 26, 2012
The end to the Ori story Ark :D
October 31, 2012
Exactly what you'd expect: a direct-to-disc continuation of the television series for its already established fan base.
September 1, 2012
I absolutly love Stargate, and this movie is great just like the rest of the series