Stark Raving Mad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stark Raving Mad Reviews

August 7, 2015
Spoiler filled review

Bank Robbers come in many different shapes and sizes. Attitudes, Personalities and even Seann William Scott styles. Keep this in mind. The beginning scene had me into this movie from the get go. I mean, anyone that flips off a wild-eyed lion to his face has the respect of me to give them my attention for at least 30 minutes.

This movie is what would happen to Ferris Bueller if he had gone down the wrong path and became a bank Robber. There are any similarities between the two movies. Obviously Ben (Seann William Scott) would be playing Ferris. The man with all the answers. Constantly talking to the audience in a fashion that made me want to smack the remote out of his hand and yell out ‚??Stop pausing the movie! And stop talking‚??!!‚??. Playing the part of Cameron is no other than the lousy sidekick Ricky (Timm Sharp). Loser-ville is where he resides but in great fashion comes through one time in an awesome speech that reveals a ‚??Title Drop!‚?? Who was Ferris‚??s arch nemesis? Principal Rooney. Played by the part by Gregory (Lou Diamond Phillips). Always into Ben‚??s business and never trusting what he is saying. Yeah, it‚??s a stretch but hey I‚??m trying to make a connection here! Wait, go back to Gregory. Oh, Lou Diamond Phillips why did you agree to this part? I thought he looked ridiculous and I never bought the fact he was a bad guy. Was he supposed to be asian? It just came off crummy. I think it was the white wig of intimidation.

With any bank robber movie you gotta have good crew. Kinda like The Movie Crew ‚?Ę but with less drugs, Epilepsy, and Asian-ness. The introduction to these characters drove me crazy. Again with the Remote Ben! Give it! I thought they all fit together pretty chaotically well. I was trying to figure out what the nerdy Jeffrey (Patrick Breen) had to bring to the table and I was right‚?¶ Not much. I swear this guy could play the part of the Taxi-Robot from the original Total Recall movie. ‚??Next Stop, Straight to DVD!‚??. Jake reminded of someone who would show up In a Kevin Smith movie. I don‚??t know if it was the acting or the weed but that was my impression. Betty was a Margaret Cho character that didn‚??t have the ‚??funny‚?? of you guessed it, Margaret Cho. Put them together with a dash of Chinese Delivery Guy and you got a pretty decent group. Even though real life would have eaten their lunch, we‚??re talking movies here.

Most of everything I took with a grain of salt. Everything except for 2 FBI agents taking down 2 crime gangs that were having a stand down. It just didn‚??t seem believable. Maybe because the old ‚??Kids In The Hall‚?? star Dave Foley was acting like an FBI agent? Or maybe it was just me. I didn‚??t buy it.

The movie ends with a style that heavily reminded me of ‚??Risky Business‚?? for some reason. I think it was the whole Narration over the stylized music and the relieving feeling of ‚??everything‚??s gonna be all right‚??. But mostly it had to be the music. Speaking of the soundtrack‚?¶ I‚??m not a fan of club music but in this movie the music played a part in the storyline making the music play an important role.

When the movie is finished it all comes down to whether I liked it or not. There wasn‚??t anything special about this movie. I never laughed out loud but I did chuckle to myself a couple of times. There were some funny moments but they were subtle and I really don‚??t know if it was on purpose. It had Nothing great, and nothing horrible. Although It had an ending I‚??m fine with, I couldn‚??t help but feel that it was thrown together or rushed to a finish. It wouldn‚??t be a bad thing to watch this if it was given to you‚?¶ or watched it streaming on Netflix like I did.

Comic Book Movie Bonus: Patrick Breen: Men In Black. Not much of a bonus but hey you get what you get!

Nudity Bonus: Natassia Malthe - Stacie (17:00)(A)
January 4, 2015
Personally loved the movie. I thought it was clever and unique.

for a movie most have never heard of it is a good watch.
December 22, 2013
My Favorite Action Film Is 1988's Die Hard.
December 13, 2013
A pretty funny Seann William Scott movie....better watch out for those Orindinky birds
December 7, 2013
Profanity was a little over used. But other than that, great movie. Lots of twists and turns, and a great ending.
½ March 5, 2013
A lot of crazy things Happen.
February 7, 2013
The best movie with a great soundtrack.
½ September 19, 2012
Stark Raving Bad. It's always a good idea to not lock or barricade the door when robbing a bank. Especially after the Chinese food delivery guy comes in, don't bother to remember even then. A ridiculous wanna-be comedy with terrible dialog and laughable lettering for the credits. The sex/safe drilling scene is epic, but other than that, steer clear.
½ June 29, 2012
Good movie about raving
½ May 13, 2012
Pretty good, but REALLY weird. If you don't like weird movies, don't watch this. Sean William Scott is SO HOT in this movie!
April 19, 2012
I'm assuming this movie is better when on speed. Couldn't make it past the 93rd shot of people dancing in the club, complete with dozens of split-second camera angles. (Roughly 22 minutes in.)
April 3, 2012
This movie is bad ass.:-)
March 30, 2012
March 30, 2012
If you are having a bad day where nothing seems to be going right or a day when you feel as if the walls are closing in all around you. WATCH THIS MOVIE. You will feel better.

Stark Raving Mad is a hilarious, dark comedy that doesn't disappoint. Over the coarse of one night, the somewhat morally questionable protagonist Ben McGewan (Seann William Scott) leads his crew of outcasts on a highly profitable, highly risky bank robbery. As the night unfolds, complications arise. Can Ben and his accomplices manage to emerge unscathed. It is definitely worth watching to find out.

Parts of this movie may seem crude, chaotic, or stark raving mad at times, but who's life isn't.
January 13, 2012
the name of the film is what this film did to me.
½ December 17, 2011
Very underrated film. Not for everyone, but worth a try if you have Netflix instant streaming.
November 22, 2011
Just insane...crazy and insane in so many ways that the heist seemed to be the best part of the whole movie! Not worth my time reviewing like it wasn't worth my time watching...period. Oh...the stars? One for Lou Diamond Phillips...and one for Seann William Scott...both kept me fairly interested throughout the whole flick!
November 4, 2011
good movie. too much luck.
October 12, 2011