The Stars Look Down - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stars Look Down Reviews

½ December 4, 2015
The Stars Look Down has good performances, great beginning and ending, some sad moments and it is admittedly pretty well crafted and made, but the characterization isn't that good, the emotional intensity isn't as strong as it should have been and the whole film is quite rushed at times and overall forgettable.
March 21, 2014
Very gripping and a great piece of social realism of a mining community.
May 21, 2011
quie sabe de algun sitio donde bajar el libro o la movie?
to my friend ian , do you know any warez where donwload it?
July 11, 2008
nominated for best picture by NBR
March 25, 2008
Havn't seen it and heard it's OK
October 23, 2007
Not a bad film, although some parts failed to hold my attention for long. I think it ended rather abruptly, but perhaps thats just me being too critical.
½ September 25, 2007
Oooh, now this is a truly wonderful precursor to the British social realism that would take off in later years. I challenge ye to watch it and not weep.
½ August 16, 2007
Good British film that seemed to be ahead of its time for this style of film-making.
August 13, 2007
Another great film with Michael Redgrave and Margret Lockwood, this time in a more serious setting. Faultless actoring. Watch out for the other couple from "The Lady Vanishes" to !!!
August 13, 2007
a great film; a bit slow at times, but an excellent watch
August 12, 2007
what a sad realistic ending :(
½ August 12, 2007
Excellent socialist drama surrounding a young coalminer concerned for the workers safety and his troublesome love affair. Good genuine performances and a early story with a social statement to make.
August 3, 2007
I liek Redgrave & Lockwood, so I intend to find out more about this one.
February 2, 2005
FIRST RATE BRITISH DRAMA, SUPERBLY ACTED BY REDGRAVE. EXCELLENT STORY, THOUGHTFULLY DIRECTED BY CAROL REED.