Starship Troopers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starship Troopers Reviews

June 7, 2017
Essentially a spiritual successor to Robocop in tone, Starship Troopers oftentimes gets a bad rap. There is certainly some clunky dialogue, some questionable performances *cough* Denise Richards *cough*, and some characters are thrown quickly to the sidelines. In the end, the effects hold up surprisingly well, Verhoeven's wicked sense of humor is sprinkled throughout, and the entire cast seem like they're having a blast.
½ June 1, 2017
People really didn't get the parody? Really?
June 1, 2017
One of my favourite movies
May 30, 2017
I like this movie, I know it's got its flaws but I like it. The storylines good and the effects are still pretty impressive, considering it's nearly 20 years old. The main flaw is some of the acting. The two actors that bring it down the most unfortunately have lead roles. Casper Van Dien is as wooden as a rocking chair and Denise Richards isn't much better. Michael Ironsides is great as always and is perfect for his role. Most of the supporting cast are ok with a few exceptions. Overall it's a good film that's easy to watch and easy to watch again. I would have liked to see a decent sequel to this but unfortunately it never happened.
jamrcla
May 29, 2017
Brilliant film I loved it, Better than most that have tried to do films like this, Great action and just all round fun if you can ignore some poor acting and silly bits.
April 26, 2017
Kind of dumb movie with great aliens
April 16, 2017
A science fiction classic...
½ April 1, 2017
Good movie, based on a Robert A. Heinlein story. If you like sci-fi and war movies, here's your perfect mix.
March 23, 2017
Wooden acting, corny dialogue, cheesy alien-bug adversaries that are simultaneously frightening. All of it intentional, including the poor actors who fit the bill perfectly for what is aaled of them. What isn't there to like? Everyone in 'Starship Troopers' is clearly having such a fun time that it just works. The special effects still hold up well today, and it has a memorable soundtrack and an appropriately chosen song, 'Fade Into You' by Mazzy Star'. And the Blu-Ray A/V quality is top draw. Sit back, relax,switch off your brain, and enjoy this awesome sci-fi action adventure flick. 5/5*
March 20, 2017
The animated TV series was better. Some good ideas but pretty lacklustre
½ February 19, 2017
Political satire at its best, a Paul Verhoeven classic.
½ February 18, 2017
reminds me of Tremors but crazier. Enjoyable.
February 13, 2017
Buried beneath the cheesy romance and horrendous violence is political satire. The soldiers are all products of a brainwashed society where continuing the fight is what drives them. They don't think for themselves. They don't see their enemy as anything more than evil. They even are given a chance for redemption, but they don't learn anything. They continue the fight. In that manner, this is a very depressing film.
February 8, 2017
The best movie ever made by man
February 3, 2017
Great B grade type movie solid story and cast - can watch over and over.
½ January 27, 2017
Cheesy sci-fi with huge bugs.
½ January 19, 2017
Really corny but enjoyable.
January 11, 2017
This film is one of my favourites. Those people moaning that it doesn't accurately portray the book have a point, but they are completely missing the point of the film.

It's a loud, fast, action packed, ridiculous fun romp with some great comedy and a faint haze of satire in the background.

If you want to be challenged by a film, steer clear but I enjoy this one every time I watch it. A great and unintentionally hilarious sci-fi.
January 7, 2017
Starship Troopers will entertain any fan of gory, mindless alien action from the 90's, who can get pass wooden acting and 90's clichés about space and the future.
December 22, 2016
Good movie. Great acting. Amazing effects. Unique story. Just awesome!