Starship Troopers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starship Troopers Reviews

½ September 10, 2016
Can someone please explain to me why Michael Ironside is always losing an arm? Thanks.
August 16, 2016
A game changer in the sci-fi genre, it's legacy is is actively to this day. Aliens may have conceived the idea of the 'space marine' but this film made it everywhere in sci-fi.
July 20, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this movie. It's drastically different from the incredibly thoughtful and intellectual novel that shares its name, but it borrows some of the interesting portions of the novel and wraps them in that Paul Verhoeven satire that is so enjoyable. The serious nature of the original content is at odds with the irony of the film. Despite these conflicting feelings, I still decently enjoy the film.
July 14, 2016
Pretty awesome this film
July 6, 2016
Director, Paul Verhoeven (RoboCop, Total Recall) Brings us a viciously entertaining sci-fi action film, about killer mutant space bugs. very graphic and gross, but very action packed and awesome.
½ June 28, 2016
Has absolutely nothing in common with the classic novel. Tries to turn an alternative Democratic system into fascism, thereby completely missing Henline's point. Tries to claim entire culture is about the military when that was only one aspect of the book. The writer, producer, and director need to learn reading compression.
June 27, 2016
Youngsters fight nasty alien bugs in this funny but action packed sci-fi pic.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
Brilliant film I loved it, Better than most that have tried to do films like this, Great action and just all round fun if you can ignore some poor acting.
½ May 26, 2016
Carries this general feel of campiness, and looks terribly dated.
½ May 19, 2016
On the surface, this is a mindless, fast-paced, gory popcorn movie. You can watch it as such, and you can definitely enjoy it as such. It is laced with a deeper meaning, though, and if you care to understand, that an any war, the enemy is always the "insects", it gains a much more sinister and philosophical meaning. I honestly think Verhoeven understands the fascist tones of the book and plays on them in a tongue-in-cheek manner.
½ April 27, 2016
2016-04-27 silly but lots of action and not bad except for the misnamed 'administrative punishment'.
½ April 20, 2016
A satirical and juvenile sci fi film with some touch of body horror
½ April 18, 2016
The action and special effects are really good. The story is a little weak but works for this type of movie. The characters are interesting and fun. Overall, it is a very enjoyable movie.
March 27, 2016
despite not being totally faithful to the book, leaving out a lot of important plots (such as armours), it's a pretty awesome adaptation.
½ March 26, 2016
Grade: A-
Rating: 8.5/10
½ March 26, 2016
Watch it before it's removed from Netflix.
March 24, 2016
Magnificent special effects and full of blood and guts, Starship Troopers is an instant cult classic.
March 24, 2016
5/5 Starship Troopers works both as a sci-fi adventure packed with entertainment value, or a dark satire with even more to dissect. It's thrilling, funny, disturbing, unsettling and way beyond what I could have expected.