Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation Reviews

½ December 28, 2017
Not a bad movie. Seemed more of a horror movie then scifi, Richard Burgi character was awesome I thought. I did hate the obvious flashlight guns. Fucking lights going on and off at the end of the gun? Thats cheap.
September 14, 2017
1/5. The first Starship Troopers is a war movie and a satire. This is a Sci-Fi channel-esque horror movie. It's not offensively bad or anything, just meh, and made by people who clearly didn't get the point of the first movie.
August 29, 2017
Suffers on its own because of the terrible acting, subpar CGI and unimpressive setting. Worse though comes when you compare it to the first film, because it completely lacks everything that made the original Starship Troopers enjoyable.

It does introduce some interesting things to the mythology, it's a shame that it had to come in such a dour package though.
½ August 10, 2017
One of the worst movies I've seen in my life and I've seen a lot of horse sh#!. Boring as fudge.
½ February 15, 2017
More cheese and yet somehow less filling. Still a good C grade action adventure yarn.
jamrcla
½ July 28, 2016
After the first was quite a surprise hit it was obvious we would get a 2nd and we all know most sequels that use different cast are pretty bad, No change here then as this one felt very cheap, Lazy and was acted very poorly too, The first half wasn't bad with some ok action scenes but there wasn't enough and then changed into a sci fi horror film and it didn't work one bit, It cuts out everything that made the first one good so don't get your hopes up for this one.
July 8, 2016
this movies not even fully completed
½ April 30, 2016
2016-04-28 hubby wanted to see it. not at all the same lead characters as the 1997 movie. meh.
April 25, 2016
Un pésimo refrito de las películas de Alien con personajes de cartón y una historia igual de pobre, mandando a la mierda todo lo que hizo genial a la primera película en el proceso. La única razón por la cual volvería a verla es para presenciar a Kelly Carlson en paños menores.
½ April 8, 2016
Surprisingly surpassed my expectations, though it did take quite a bit from The Thing.
January 26, 2016
I feel like I've seen this before. I probably have and forgot. This entire film takes place on one planet, at first it's your typical Praying Mantis like-creature fights than it goes completely random when a new breed is discovered that's essentially a parasite and starts infecting the whole base. You got your typical war moral conflicts. I like to look at this series as some futuristic spoofing war film. This one is fairly different from the other 3, and it's not a bad thing. You can only entertain people for so long just showing people fighting bugs.
½ December 6, 2015
No where as good as the first but still lose of fun and quite sickly to watch at times. This film is no where near as bad as people say.
March 7, 2015
A far departure from the first.
January 21, 2015
This could have been a horrible sequel, but it's not actually half bad. It's a low budget horror/action film that went direct to dvd that doesn't have terrible special effects. Veerhovens humor remains intact, but it gets lost in the story as soon as people start getting infected.
December 28, 2014
it's hella cool and awsome
December 15, 2014
Excelente cinta dirigida por Phil Tippet, es una interesante continuación de bajo presupuesto y que cuenta con la magia de uno de los grandes de los efectos especiales, tal vez el único sucesor del genial Ray Harryhaussen. Phil Tippet, con un guión de Edward Neumeier (creador de Robocop) adoptan un terror estilo Alien, con un percepto muy similar adaptado a los insectos. La trama, si bien es un poco predecible a la mitad, es interesante ver cómo crea y adapta los insectos a una cinta de bajo presupuesto. Es la clásica cinta de serie B donde salen chicas desnudas, algo de gore (desmembramientos y esas cosas), y monstruos que son los responsables de una matanza de un grupo que va desapareciendo poco a poco. Si de plano no le gustan ese tipo de cintas, evítela. Si por el contrario es fanático, como su servidor, de franquicias de este tipo, veála sin prejuicios y considere que el gran Phil Tippet hizo un excelente trabajo de dirección aún sin contar con un gran presupuesto y posiblemente poniendo dinero de sus manos.
November 30, 2014
TERRIBLE! Kelly Carlson's naked breasts are the two best reasons I can come up with to watch this . . .
½ November 12, 2014
A joyless horror flick that drops the satire and fun gore of the first one and replaces it with overly vicious violence. Starship Troopers 2 looks and feels cheap. 26/100
½ November 5, 2014
Honestly, it's a cheap, disgusting mess. Overly violent, way too grim. The effects are also almost non existent. There's only a few minutes of killer bug time I the whole movie. 2.6/10
October 14, 2014
Horrendous piece of garage would be too kind a description of Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation. The tone of the film is all wrong; taking itself way too seriously and trying for a dark and terrifying motif. The acting is atrociously bad, as is the story. Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation is a pathetic and poorly made film that just recycles old horror movie tropes.