StarStruck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

StarStruck Reviews

½ December 23, 2012
By far my favourite Disney channel movie with Sterling Knight, Danielle Campbell, Maggie Castle and Brandon Smith. The biggest of my guilty pleasures and believe me, I do have a lot of guilty pleasures. This film was kind of heart-touching and amazing. The Moral of the film is definitely one we can all learn from!! A surprisingly incredible Disney channel movie. Who said Disney Channel movies are stupid and childish? I still watch them from this day and age especially this one!
½ November 30, 2012
There are a few funny moments. The rest is soo predictable. Why the popular one has always to be the boy? And why the girl has always to be "smart" (well... almost smart!), but unpopular? Time for a parody of this kind of film, I'm a little bit tired of Cinderellas ;)
September 3, 2012
Una cinta que funciona y bien, y mucho mejor que otros de los filmes de Disney Channel, tiene una trama un poco más compleja -sin llegar a los extremos-, un buen soundtrack, actuaciones aceptables, realmente de lo mejorcito de Disney Channel.
August 18, 2012
better than expected.
August 15, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this movie. It was quite good for a Disney teen movie. I loved the lead male character, but the girl I wanted to strangle with my bare hands. She obviously had hidden issues. The guy was nothing but sweet to her, and all she would do is bitch about everything and blame him. The music is catchy and makes me wish that it had more music and less girl in it. It did have some funny moments. A watchable afternoon movie. It also doesn't have silly messages like you have to fling yourself at a guy, or that you're not good enough if you're single.
July 9, 2012
I have to admit when I saw the trailer for this movie, I had no desire to watch it.

Well, one night I was bored and decided to watch it. I liked it.

I think Sterling Knight was great in it. He is the only reason I watch Sonny with a Chance. I wanted to see what he would be like in a different role.

Danielle Campbell was okay, I believe she has acting potential. I liked her character because she wasn't easy, she made Christopher work.

I found the grandma and the older sister endearing, for some reason. I'll admit the dialogue was cheesy in some parts and cliché.

But over all, the movie is worth watching.
June 16, 2012
It's a beautiful movie<3
½ May 26, 2012
Enjoyable movie to people who want a non complicated storyline.
½ April 21, 2012
I'm rating this based on the fact that it's a TV movie. Sterling Knight fitted his role well but Campbell's performance was quite awful and frankly I found her character very obnoxious. Their wasn't much chemistry between the two actors and the story was very unrealistic. Not one of the best Disney Channel Original Movies.
April 16, 2012
Ummmm this was a lot better then i expected, but it was still a horrible Disney movie and their attempts to make a chick flick. Not recommended
April 4, 2012
Predictable, cliché, typical Disney.
March 24, 2012
saw parts of it as my little sis was watching.. not my thing..
March 20, 2012
Cute movie... but I have to say the dancing was lame!
½ March 18, 2012
Simple yet Great! It has great music and a simple story. The only thing is that Danielle can be a little annoying in it.
February 21, 2012
i love this movie, it is my fav. movie of all time
January 28, 2012
I liked it alot as i thought it was a pretty decent film. It has a fun and vibrant young cast with great songs! Lots of potential for a sequel!!!
January 5, 2012
I honestly loved this movie. It's cute, innocent and often times really funny.
½ December 17, 2011
Featuring a strong performance from Danielle Campbell it fails to pass the boundary of all the original Disney movies they have these days.
November 16, 2011
The only reason I'll watch it is because Knight's actually not half bad as an actor or singer.
August 30, 2011
This was a typical stupid terrible acting teenage Disney movie. Dumb.