The Starter Wife - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Starter Wife Reviews

October 23, 2011
Loved it. One of he best miniseries with this type of plot. Fun and smart.
September 2, 2011
This is one of my favorite movies
½ July 12, 2011
I loved this Mini Series & Debra Messing in it, I was hoping they would make it into a TV Series.She was Quirky Delightful in this
½ July 10, 2011
bem gostoso pra um domingo a tarde... adorei... hahahaa
½ September 7, 2009
Ovaj prvi dio sto sam vidjela je bio poprilicno smijesan. Valjda ce nastavit tako i u drugim nastavcima.
September 5, 2009
This was a good enough miniseries to watch all the way through but OMG! Could they stretch the simple plot any longer. Some actors were quite good, others just boring eye candy.
½ August 29, 2009
Not particulary good, as it seems to suffer from bad editing. Really only watched this for Stephen Moyer and he didn't disappoint.
August 1, 2009
Movie is fabulous i love debra messing she,s gorgeous and hot
April 30, 2009
i love debra messing!!
April 5, 2009
I love this show so much great script and Debra Messing is AMAZING.
February 6, 2009
Good movie with Debra Messing and more. Liked the story. :)
January 5, 2009
I picked this up on DVD strictly because I love love LOVE Debra Messing. I still love her, but she is missing some of the spark she had while playing Grace. Some of the acting seems forced but overall, I found it entertaining.
½ November 19, 2008
Too much of a Desperate Housewives (which sucks) spinoff to be considered original.
½ November 17, 2008
For a chick flick and a movie that I would never watch without a female present The Starter Wife wasn't horrible. It felt like a remake of hundreds of other girlfirend group united movies, but it was ok. The acting was not all that bad except the main love intrest of Debra Messing. I would never sit through this again, but one time wasn't too bad.
October 27, 2008
You gotta love the drama in this. Its classic. Pretty young rich girl gets turned upside down and has to live life like us! Its really funny.
October 11, 2008
Love this show. I think Debra Messing is a great actress. Had a lot of funny and drama filled parts.
½ October 8, 2008
Ripoff of Desperate Housewives with less likeable characters. I couldn't empathize or relate to any of them.
October 8, 2008
this is 100% chick flick. but it is not a flick but a tv show. this is a great show. storyline: after 10 yrs of marrigae to a high class hollywood producer, the main character finds herself in a middle of a divorced, black listed from all her friends and falling for a homeless man. it is enjoyable and funny at times. and well even though some of us who have gone through divorces dont have to deal with this, it is a challegne to see who your true friends are because of a divorce. i love this show.
½ September 12, 2008
Love the premise behind it. Every women should see this
August 21, 2008
Debra Messing's ever-changing hair colour and the totally unbelievable Pond's product placement notwithstanding (Really, like a studio exec's wife is going to buy her beauty gear at CVS or SDM!), I quite enjoyed this. Judy Davis was great as the sarcastic alcoholic and Miranda Otto redeems her character long before the movie ends. It's all good.