Stash House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stash House Reviews

June 14, 2015
good suspense ,thriller movie
½ March 15, 2015
We bought the DVD after seeing Dolph Lundgren on the cover. Big mistake. It started to get tiresome after about ten minutes. We didn't make it more than half way. Give it a miss.
½ February 10, 2015
This film is made out to be an action film but to me it felt more like a thriller really. The whole idea is kinda similar to the film 'Panic Room' accept the panic room in this is the whole house.

The plot is simple yet not entirely well thought out either. A young couple buy a large house (which seems completely out of their league frankly) and are just about to move in. After some snooping they find a huge quantity of heroine stashed away (oh STASH house I get it hehehehehe), almost immediately the criminals that own the drugs turn up and start to terrorise them.

The thing is I still am not entirely sure what they are really trying to achieve. It turns out they don't want the drugs but are in fact after something else. Obviously I can't say but even when we do discover what they are after there is no real reason for it. There is naturally big dealings behind all this with big mob boss fat cats pulling the strings but the plot to me felt very shallow, almost as if its just an excuse to have some cool thriller action sequences inside a cool house/mansion.

Dolph turns in a good performance I must admit, he certainly has grown from his straight to DVD crapola he used to churn out. This film is a much better vehicle clearly with good production values and some care behind its creation. All the scenes look quite slick and moody with great lighting, the action gets pretty intense and bloody and the other lesser known cast do a good job (even though the female lead is really annoying when she cries).

Its not grade A stuff of course, there are issues here and there, the ending is particularly daft...tonnes of police at the scene yet no one is noticing what's going on by the ambulance? and where is the crew? Better than the fluff you might be expecting that's for sure but end of the day the whole plot makes no sense really. Why on earth didn't the criminals just do what they wanted to do before the house was sold?! it just seems like they give themselves a lot of hard work.
October 26, 2014
solid film probably dolph's best
½ October 13, 2014
It started off not bad, but ended up very much so. The beginning was ok, showed us the characters and how happy they were to have the new place, until they make the discovery. A huge stash of heroin hidden in the walls. When the bad guys decided to arrive, things went downhill, both for the characters and the movie itself. They tried to break in and Emma accidentally triggers an alarm that shuts all the doors with armored shields. David and Emma seemed to have no emotions to their situation, as well to the fact that David was shot. As the film goes on, David seems completely fine, as do any character that gets injured. Also the bad guys are total retards, they can somehow climb onto the roof of the two story building, but they don't think of getting into the windows on the second floor (which has a deck), and the windows aren't even fortified. Although the house actually belonged to the bad guys they didn't seem to know how to get in, and spend their time walking around the outside with flashlights looking at the walls, as if there might be a way in. One of them climbs onto the roof and drops a grenade down the chimney, before atempting to go down into it. Everyone in the film are just so dumb, and it just turns out to be a R rated version of Home Alone. The ending was pretty stupid, and how the whole thing wasn't even about about the heroin, but about a guy who the bad guys abducted and inprisoned was a stupid plot twist that makes mo sense. Why did they keep him alive there, if they were just going to come back to kill him anyway. I would not have put the time into this film if Doulph Loungren wasn't in it, and still it was a waist of time.
½ June 1, 2014
Despite carrying not so smart characters, Stash house is an adrenaline punch thriller that will keep viewers at the edge of their seats.
May 20, 2014
Predictable Thriller, Which See's A Two Man Gang Attack A Couple In Their Newly Bought House. The House Is A Stash House, They Want What Seems To Be A Package Hidden Somewhere In The Property. At First The Couple Run Scared, Before Building Up Enough Courage To Fight Against The Intruders. Starring Dolph Lundgren, Sean Faris & Briana Evigan, This Is An Average & Enjoyable Thriller, Which Takes It's Atmospheric Tones And Plot Points From Panic Room & Hostage.
January 25, 2014
At times messy and a blend of too many recent movies, still, Stash House is worthy of a watch if only for Dolph's great menacing performance... Forgettable fun.
December 30, 2013
Crap, didn't even get halfway through this movie.
½ December 24, 2013
Need more action. ...!
December 1, 2013
Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. Kind of a mash-up of other movies. Most notably, Panic Room and Home Alone. It held my interest and had a few surprises.
½ August 17, 2013
worst movie ever made, the protagonist is the stupidest person ever. The director should be taken out to his back yard and put out of his misery.
July 30, 2013
Pretty pedestrian, but a pretty interesting story overall. Damned good for a "B" ("C"?) flick.
½ July 29, 2013
2012 - 0.2/5

This movie is Panic Room all over again. But with a young couple.

It was over acted. Neither of them were able to act upset/cry.

Its hard to believe that someone got shot, but is able to function as if he didn't.

The criminals said and did the dumbest things; so it was hard to believe that they were any sort of threat.

It actually had some really good camera angles. I really liked the security cameras.

It was too dark, so at times it was hard to tell what was happening.

So you can talk to each other through the walls, but the neighbours can't hear a big explosion... sure.

There were a lot of conveniences with regards to items (the bike rack, the house warming gift, flash lights, ect).

The rain at the end was pathetic. It's one of the worst effects to use to add drama(?), especially if it's not done right.

I just can't give this movie any more credit that I already did; 0.2 is generous.

This seemed like a movie made by films students in their first year. It was supposed to be cool, but it turned out to be a mess.
July 20, 2013
It is an alright/ok movie. It pissed me of because they made some real stupid choices. The main characters should have gotten killed that would of been the best ending really stupid people.
March 16, 2013
Solid but generic directing bares the simple, yet effective mark of Eduardo Rodriguez (El Gringo). Fans of Lundgren, Killshot, Trespass and Hostage should enjoy it.
February 19, 2013
Honestly, the only reason I found Stash House was IMDb-ing my favorite action stars (6 Bullets brought the kid in me out again) and saw it on Dolph Lundgren's resume. Pair that with a 'drug deal/stalker' style flick and you had one that promised me a good time. I shut it off cussing. How do you mess up an idea like this? Well, it starts off with the writing. The flick was filled with so many plot holes and see-through scenarios. Characters were introduced in here to be obvious stereotypes later on (bad guy, dead chick etc.). Speaking of characters, the flick was filled with idiots. There was nobody to root for here. Both the good and bad guys did the dumbest moves in name of keeping the plot moving (which it also failed at) and there was not one person I rooted for. The good guys ran around the house and yard, playing hide-and-seek while the bad guys mainly stood outside and shone flashlights while uttering threats that they never followed through with. People would be easily defeated and then suddenly good-to-go (shoddy editing) and plot devices used in scenes were beyond ridiculous (A 6 foot muscle-clad killer is taken down easily with a spray-cleaner to the face). Everybody is also so cool and confident considering the situation they're in. People should be a lot more chaotic than this! Panic! Run! Do SOMETHING! The fact that nothing happened after the iniital set-up for over an hour tested my nerves. Anything cool? Well, I will admit Eduardo Rodriguez is a talented director. The approaches he took were awesome in parts (loved the security cam shots). Too bad the movie's plot was boring... Dolph Lundgren also kicked ass, considering his role sucked... Briana Evigan also did great in the role, considering what she was given to work with. Sean Faris is decent with what he has, but his character comes across as a big puss. Jon Huertas gives a pretty intense showing. I was pretty surprised for him in this role. Add to this a sex scene with no stripping (is this PG?) and that pesky theory that cops are retarded in flicks and there you have it. If the movie played around a bit with its typical synopsis, I may have dug on it more. But this was a movie filled with plot holes, suspensions of disbelief and (most importantly) BOREDOM galore. How does that happen in a flick like this? Yeesh... Waste of talent attached to this one. They, and we as an audience, deserve way better. I say skip it...
December 1, 2012
a forgettable small budget thriller with dolph in bad guy mode. 2people move into there dream home little realising that some drug dealers have stashed heroin in it and they've come to collect! as a throw away thriller it's ok dolphs pretty good as the main villain his sidekick really isn't. I'd recommend at least 1 watch but it does drag a bit in the middle.
October 28, 2012
Maybe with different actors and a different director this could've worked but as it stands it's horrible and not in a nice way. There is nothing about this movie that is memorable.