State Property - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

State Property Reviews

½ July 30, 2017
I liked it cause it reminds me of when me and my friends made movies lolol
½ June 4, 2015
The filmmakers had no clue how to make a coherent movie. Instead of having an heart or realism the actors become sill carcheratures pretending to be gangsters.
October 7, 2014
It was a ok movie, but the people seem to make these gangster films are not rally saying nothing if you ask me.
June 7, 2014
Feels like a stupid hour and a half hip-hop video
January 20, 2014
Damn son its really good i liked it.
October 5, 2013
State property the movie
½ May 16, 2013
In the tradition of Blaxploitation, State Prop is brutal. To me, much better than PAID IN FULL.
½ July 7, 2012
"GET DOWN" or " LAY DOWN" One mean movie! I liked it!
June 29, 2012
Absolutely horrible. Pick any review from the critics and MOST of the people that bothered to leave a post. They all hated it. I've never seen a film get a ZERO on the tomatometer. I can't believe anyone spent money to make this let alone PAY money to see it at the theater.

"Beanie", ne' DWIGHT, obviouly thinks he's "tough". ~yawn~ What a piece of worthless fodder. He's probably about as soft as puppy shit.

Don't even bother exposing yourself to this horse shit on cable like I did.

And they had the gall to make a second one. SMH.
April 19, 2012
I dont want to watch.
½ October 30, 2011
A proper critical analysis of this film and you'll probably think it is a pathetic attempt at a gangsta movie. However, the unintentioinal laughs it creates and the fact that it is so easy to watch bumps up the score.
October 11, 2011
Starts off like another crap film and ends the same.
September 29, 2011
forget everything else ... i am just surprised to see AMERICAN BEAUTY in the More Like this column ;p
September 29, 2011
Never heard of any of the cast except Jay-Z, and even then, he's not that great a rapper, OR an actor!
July 25, 2011
This movie is the reason white people dodge the hood.
June 12, 2011
these movies were really weak hahahaha
May 26, 2011
wasnt this movie added at 1 point?
July 21, 2010
Starts off like another crap film and ends the same.
June 25, 2010
Very disappointed with this movie. I was fine with acting (which was average at best, but whaddaya expect from a bunch of rappers), but the script was absolutely atrocious. Beans would say "Get down or lay down" in the most forced, contrived way, I realized what we'd be in for. And wth was purpose of Jay-Z in this movie under than to mumble some words indicipherably to Dame? I wasn't expecting Oscar stuff but was expecting a decent street flick.Now I just want my 90+ minutes back.
½ June 16, 2010
dope hood flick, wut u expect from a bunch of rappers with not much of a budget? for what it is its the shit, i'll quote one of the flixster users who reviewed this, Patrick Michael Peterson, when i say that this movie is a guilty pleasure. Get Down Or Lay Down!