The Station Agent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Station Agent Reviews

½ February 13, 2016
After watching this, you'll wish you'd done the same exact thing as Finn, or maybe, you have. If so, you'll enjoy watching someone else do. This is a relaxing film. A slow time film. I laughed, I cried, I thoroughly enjoy this film.
January 31, 2016
A lovely film that truly feels like an hour and a half long window into the lives of 3 disparate personalities in small town New Jersey.
½ January 5, 2016
Peter Dinklage is a powerhouse actor. He's a remarkable human being, and here, he's the shiniest star in what is a very boring film. This is a very weak film, that could've benefited from being a bit faster in pace. One of the biggest set-backs of the movie is Bobby Cannavale's character. I just couldn't stand him. He just kept bothering everybody, and talking about his famous coffee. I couldn't wait for him to get off screen. As for Patricia Clarkson, save for one beautiful moment of acting, she gives a lackluster performance. Overall, this is an overhyped movie. Not a bad one, per se, but I'd never watch it again.
½ January 2, 2016
potential, but... meh
December 14, 2015
This isn't just another good movie. This feels authentic. It's almost as if the screenplay never existed. Everything about this movie feels genuine, but most of all the stories, the characters, and the actors who portray them.
½ December 6, 2015
Oddly hopeful for a movie literally about different brands of loneliness interacting with each other. Really, really beautiful.
October 28, 2015
The psychologically acute and truthful story about grief, loss, and friendship. It is not sentimental but deeply moving. The performance is outstanding in all characters.
October 11, 2015
A charming, honest and nice story, Peter Dinklage's breakout performance....
October 5, 2015
i loved this movie. sweet and emotional and heartfelt. the characters are incredibly vivid and likeable and the sense of family that fills this movie up are thanks to that chemistry.
September 30, 2015
Adorable, touching movie. Great performances by the leads. Bobby Cannavale is endearing and energetic like a puppy! I liked Dinklage's understated and warm performance as well as Clarkson, dreamy, goofy demeanor with her grief below the surface. Cute to see these dysfunctional, lonely people share this quirky passion about trains.
½ September 26, 2015
A masterpiece from Tom McCarthy about loneliness, friendship, and to be oneself.
This particular bunch a friends, Fin, Joe and Olivia give us some lessons of what life is and what to care for the others too.
½ September 8, 2015
An exceptional movie.
½ August 22, 2015
Such a wonderfully strange mix of characters that works on every level
August 21, 2015
For the most part, The Station Agent takes audiences for an emotional ride; from sadness to a light at the end of the tunnel with eccentric humour thrown in from three different individuals who are not so different with an exceptional chemistry on-screen
August 9, 2015
Very well cast, acted and well developed characters. There'sn't much happening, I still watched it until the end.
August 3, 2015
Pretty good movie. Very slow paced and boring at times, but the movie was very good. The acting was brilliant, it was pretty entertaining, and the story was very realistic.
½ July 12, 2015
very well cast and well acted character study. Fun to see Peter Dinklage before he was Tyrion. Not much happens, but the people are well developed.
½ July 5, 2015
An odd film that fits somewhere on the border of heartfelt drama and quirky comedy. I liked the film, but I also got the feeling that it didn't know what to do with itself.
June 29, 2015
A decent amount more charming and interesting than your average "feel good movie that your mom will think is deep".
June 25, 2015
I missed this movie back in 2003! Really heartfelt storyline of friendships of all kind. Great movie!