Steak - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Steak Reviews

½ June 24, 2014
In "Steak," Blaise(Eric Judor) is released from a mental hospital after seven years due to three murders he did not commit. Those were in fact committed by his pal Georges(Ramzy Bedia) who picks him up but otherwise wants nothing to do with him now. That has less to do Georges' plastic surgery than with his current social status with a gang he has just joined.

If nothing else, "Steak" captures the passage of time to somebody outside of society better than most other movies I can think of, albeit in a totally absurd, unpredictable and Canadian way, including a couple of great bits. Even with no flying cars, the movie makes some neat points about conformity and people feeling the need to fit in at all costs. On the other hand, it is not all negative, as smoking is severely frowned upon and everybody drinks a ton of milk, perhaps as a tip of the cap to "A Clockwork Orange."
April 4, 2013
On doit vraiment passer pour des abrutis quand ce genre de film est vu a l'etranger. Non seulement le film est construit sur une structure desesperement binaire et moraliste, mais il est en plus ennuyeux (seule la sequence avec Sebastien Tellier est digne d'interet) mais en plus mal joue, mis en scene avec les pieds et mis en musique de maniere vomitive. Eric Judor est pas mal du tout, mais les autres, c'est une catastrophe.
March 9, 2013
This soundtrack is fantastic. Doubt I'll ever watch the movie tho.
½ November 1, 2012
I thought that is going to be funny,,,,

its not
½ September 12, 2012
hope i never hear about this again. ever
August 17, 2012
Surreal done right. Absolutely hilarious and so god damn COOL!!!! Quentin's best work.
May 31, 2012
I LOVE this movie! It's odd in a funny way, and it's the kind of movie you want to watch over and over again! Especially when you're a big fan of Quentin Dupiex, or Mr. Oizo. Sebastian Akchote also does a wonderful job in the film, as does Ramzy Bedia and Eric Judor. Has to be one of my favorite movies of all time. People, you must find this, and WATCH IT.
May 16, 2012
Attention, humour absurde, mais tres drole :p Et la musique casse tout.
April 28, 2012
Brilliant comedy (is it?) from Mr Oizo/Quentin Dupieux. Absurd/off humor, great performance (their best) from Eric & Ramzy. Killer soundtrack from A-list French Electro artists (SebastiAn, Sebastien Tellier and Mr Oizo).
One of the best French comedy of the past 10 years.
April 22, 2012
Unimaginably brilliant. Bizarre, original, and fantastic.
½ July 12, 2011
This rare treat from Mr Oizo only serves up medium chuckles but its pure oddness and techno beats are really well done.
April 17, 2011
Amusant, mais ca reste un film Francais :D
April 1, 2011
Have you ever used botox while attending a chemistry class? Are secret handshakes your thing? Do you feel the urge to kill everytime someone lights up a cigarrete in the premises? Then maybe this is the right film for you, Dupieux, of Mr Oizo (it reads "bird" in french) fame and 90's Levi's Ads glory proves himself a real master of the "new humor" everyone's been talking about with a masterful blend of the 50's, 70's 90's and a taste of a utopian/ dystopian (pick one and only one) future where everyone's obsessed about their looks. After seeing "Rubber" I just had to check this one out and may I say I wasn't disappointed at all. Not for the lactose intolerant, I bid you "Boot"! CHIVERS! Claq!
December 29, 2009
many believe that comedy is bad, infact it is a not so bas review of the system in American schools.
October 16, 2009
Moi ça me fait rire. C'est débile donc c'est pour moi. Par le créateur de Flat Eric et Mr. Oizo.
June 24, 2009
where i can get this movie... i got the torrent & result to be another king of movie... IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
June 2, 2009
Attention, Ovni ! Ce film est bien grave mais aussi dans le bon sens du terme (...olacty). C'est à dire qu'au dela de la pure débilité, il y a un parti-pri esthétique et un ton singulier, qui renvoient pêle-mêle à Orange Mécanique ou à Bernie.
A voir préférablement sous l'emprise de produits stupéfiants :-)
½ May 10, 2009
Un poil déçu. On sent qu'il y a du potentiel pour quelque chose de plus grand.
April 7, 2009
Seems very odd, but pretty funny.
I anyways haven't been to see it on theatre.
I wanted to see it also cause I like the duo of humorist playing it (Eric & Ramzy). Their comedies aren't amazingly fun, but some are very good anyways, like their last one, the 1st they directed, named "Seuls Two". Meaning Single Two.