Steele Justice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Steele Justice Reviews

½ May 2, 2016
An insubordinate cop and Vietnam vet is 'unleashed' when his partner is executed by drug dealers with ties going back to the war. Contains many great scenes; a formula that keeps on delivering. Finally a starring role for the underrated Kove.
November 19, 2013
Martin "Sweep the leg" Kove is a Vietnam vet who begins wagon his own war on drug lord Soon-Tek Oh. This film is pure 80s cheese. The story may sound similar to Michael Cimino's underrated and Oliver Stone scripted film "Year of the Dragon," but this film is much closer to Chuck Norris-territory than anything else. Still the film has an enjoyable enough of b-action film actor list, including Sela Ward, Ronny Cox, Shannon Tweed, Bernie Casey, and Al Leong as "Long Hair." I actually think my favorite part of the film was the synthesizer film score by Misha Segal, who brought us the soundtrack to "The Last Dragon" and "Ninja III: The Domination." Two stars for ironic entertainment value. 1/2 star for actual film quality.
January 22, 2013
1987? That was the best year for movies ever. SOLD!
December 18, 2012
Such a low budget movie. Undoubtedly has unnecessary actions and dramatic moves. And the swordplay looks like slow motion with too much stylization.
October 27, 2012
Normally a support player, Cove does just fine in the lead. He plays a Vietnam vet who confronts the Vietnamese mafia and old war adversaries in America. A surprisingly strong supporting cast here. I think Cove was underutilized in his career.
August 9, 2012
I watched this on Netflix the other night. The main reason I decided to check this out was because it had John Kreese himself (Martin Kove) rockin' the good guy role, and after seeing his evil performances in The Karate Kid as well as Rambo I figured it'd be fun to check him out in a good guy role. What I found out is this movie has an all-star cast of bad guys from other movies. You've got the aforementioned Kove as down and out ex soldier John Steel, the dude that played Dick Jones on Robocop as the police chief, Bill and Ted's history teacher as a police officer, the chinese dude with the goattee who always plays bit bad guy roles (mostly in John Carpenter movies) in another bit part, and the evil Asian commander dude from Missing In Action 2 playing another evil Asian figurehead. So anyway, the movie....well it's pretty formulaic...and the action scenes are extra cheesy, and the montage scene was really lame (jogging on the beach worked for Rocky III but not here) but if you are the kind of guy that enjoyed TBS's Movies for Guys Who Like Movies then you'll like this one too.
½ July 28, 2012
"He isn't being recruited, he's being unleased."-Police Cheif Bennet (Ronny Cox)

This dumb 80's actioneer is strictly for action junkies. Has one of my favorite evil hench men of all time, Al Leong (you know, Endo the torturer from LETHAL WEAPON).
June 25, 2011
The kind of movie my thirteen year old self would have stayed up till the wee hours of the morning watching on the USA Network, Steele Justice is a low-budget 80s action flick worth a rental but not serious thought. Martin Kove of Cobra Kai fame sneers seriously while brandishing himself in various forms of inappropriate neck ware (snakes and pink sweaters) and somehow manages to maintain a relationship with music video choreographer Sela Ward while gunfights constantly interrupt her MTV world. Nice, but forgettable appearances from character actors Ronny Cox, Bernie Casey, and Shannon Tweed add to the ridiculous entertainment. VF.
April 11, 2011
December 12, 2009
A thrilling vigilante tale of... aw hell, this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But it did feature Martin Kove, the sensei from Karate Kid, an outstanding 80s Rocky-type montage and a bizarre scene where they film a dance video that nearly caused gray matter to start seeping out of my ears. It hurt. 5 stars on the preposterous meter, but only watch if you have the highest possible tolerance for filmed fecal matter.
January 26, 2009
Absolutely fantastic! I love this movie and have seen it maybe a dozen times. It's a perfect blend of 80s action and unintentional humour. And the best part about it (apart form Jan Gan Boyd, of course) is that everyone takes it so seriously. If you get a change to watch, don't hesitate!
May 8, 2008
pretty random alot of interesting things I noticed in this movie. one is the daughter looks so much older than she acts. The grandma was in blade runner as the person that inspects the snake scale. mark dacascos is credited with stunts. overall good movie if you like action cheese as much as me
March 24, 2008
1987? That was the best year for movies ever. SOLD!
March 15, 2008
Not sure. The most manly action film ever. Rambo meets Road House. I dunno. Maybe. We'll see.
September 29, 2007
This is a movie that is so bad, so poorly executed, that its actually unintentionally funny, akin to "Plan 9 from Outer Space." Top highlight for me is the Viet Cong technique of strapping hand grenades to rats in order to infiltrate the American position . . . .
July 27, 2007
You don't recruit John Steele, you unleash him! A movie where Martin Kove gets shot by a poison dart only to suck the poison out himself deserves 5 stars automatically. There is also a graffiti penis towards the end, which is hilarious.
½ July 14, 2007
A pretty good bad movie experience with a surprise 80s music video smack in the middle of it.
July 3, 2007
Cliche 80's action goodness. My friend Phil found this gem somewhere on VHS, so we decided to get drunk and watch it. I couldnt stop laughing...Martin Cove Delivers! I especially loved the scene where he gets bitten by a poisonous snake, cuts himself open, and sucks the poison out of his own arm! Genius! And of course, this movie has a montage, what more do you want.
June 11, 2007
Sensei Kreese! This movie had action AND Martin Kove, double score!
June 7, 2007
Sensei Kreese! This movie had action AND Martin Kove, double score!