Step Up 2 the Streets Quotes
The top Step Up 2 the Streets quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Andie: My mom would tell me don't give up, just be you, because life's too short to be anybody else.‐ Submitted by Nusfish K (4 years ago)
- Moose: Yeah, we're her crew! We're getting ready to battle at the streets.Felicia: What street? Sesame Street?
- Moose: [after tasting tofu dog, sings:] Tastes like candy canes - at Christmas.
- Andie: The streets are supposed to be about different people coming together... We call this a battle but what are we fighting for? We're all here because we have this thing we do, we dance... Being part of the street used to mean much more than just turf or power... It's about bringing something new to the floor... and it shouldn't matter what we wear, what school or what neighborhood were from because the best part of the streets is not about what you got, it's what you make of what you've got! So if the 410's too scared to defend their title against us, hell, well be doing our thing outside where the streets started!
- Tuck: Yo, why my crib smell like Funyuns, broccoli and ball sweat?
- Chase Collins: They just hatin' on you cause you dope.
- Andie: I remember the first time I saw someone move like they were from another planet, I couldn't keep my eyes away. I was little mom took me to a jam session in the neighborhood, it started off small but word spread and soon some of the best dancers around were showing up to compete in something they eventually called the streets. It became home, I got a front row seat to history. I wanted to glide and spin and fly like they did, but it didn't come easy. My mom would tell me don't give up, just be you, because life's too short to be anybody else. She was right. When I was 16 my mom got sick and in a couple months she was gone. Everything changed, including the streets.
- Chase Collins: You're an amazing little dancer, you know that right?Andie: Little?
- Chase Collins: So that's it, huh?Andie: [sighs] I guess so...
- Andie: Look, the streets is about where you're from. It's not some school talent show. There's no spring floors. There's no spotlights to use what you got and... what makes you think you got it, huh?Chase Collins: Aren't you late for something, Andie? [Andie gets angry and turns around and leaves]Chase Collins: [smiles] Bye Andie West! [Andie turns around to see him]
- Chase Collins: She has more talent, more conviction than anyone else I know!