Stepfather II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stepfather II Reviews

½ March 10, 2016
Rehashes the events of the original. It's not bad per say but there's no reason not to just watch that one.
½ April 18, 2015
O'Quinn's ok but this sequel is a basic remake of the first......imaginative huh.
½ June 1, 2014
Stepfather II: Make Room For Daddy--A Good Part Two!!
½ April 23, 2014
Predictable and not a bit scary.
March 7, 2014
A decent but unnecessary sequel. Terry O'Quinn is a fantastic actor
December 21, 2013
Despite the piss-poor reception of this sequel, I cannot deny that I enjoyed Stepfather 2 almost as much as the original. One thing that I really enjoyed about this sequel is how it took more time to show how Terry O'Quinn's character slowly inserts himself into the life of a single mother and her family and how he goes about lying and covering his tracks. Much like the first film, this one is also a slow building horror film that explodes only after much anticipation and watching his mental state deteriorate. However, in this film, the killing is more frequent, which in some ways hurts the creepy factor of the film since it loses part of the luster of its predecessor. I still had a lot of fun watching this film and once again, Terry O'Quinn absolutely dominates his role and makes the film what it is. Even if you end up hating it, it's worth seeing once just to see his superb performance which is incredibly creepy. Stepfather 2 is a very underrated horror sequel, in my opinion.
½ October 28, 2013
This is one sequel that is just as good as the first...not many in this genre can do that.
½ October 28, 2013
October 25, 2013
A sequel that is watchable but also redundant. I felt like I was watching a Lifetime movie the whole time. While the first Stepfather actually feels like a horror movie, this one just seems like a made-for-TV thriller.
½ July 7, 2013
Watch if you're bored. This film closely follows the formula of the first film. For a moment, I was sure it was the original...aside from the characters of course. It is enjoyable and shows that this psychopath will never stop.
May 2, 2013
l enjoyed the sequel as much as the first one even though it's essentially the same film!
February 24, 2013
So. I'm at work..and I read the synopsis and Jessie's review. My reaction, out of no where, "Jonathan Brandis?!"

I must see.
January 22, 2013
In the horror genre, sequels are just about as common as a masked serial killer with a butcher's knife, however the second film in this trilogy is just about as compelling as the first. Terry O'Quinn returns and proposes nothing less than a profound recurring role as the psychopathic stepfather. He provides a solid basis for a penetrating and truly horrifying concept.
½ June 28, 2012
Apart from o'quinn in the lead there's little to recommend about this film,it mostly feels a bit rushed which i suppose you can understand seeing as they have to fit alot in.
June 5, 2012
Sadly not as good as the first, O' Quinn wasn't as fun this time around. He seemed to make a few more slip ups here. He still did the role justice but it just wasn't as good.
March 18, 2012
Bad sequel. Terry O'Quinn returns for his role but that wasn't enough. Just watch the original.
½ March 11, 2012
It's a better-than-average horror sequel with more style and dark humor than the first. However, the script's not as tight and suspenseful, and we're not really exploring new territory here. Terry O'Quinn's performance is again the highlight.
½ December 10, 2011
Even though it's not nearly as good as its predecessor, I appreciated the slight change in O'Quinn's character. Other than that, the movie's a wash.
August 26, 2011
An enjoyable follow-up to the classic original, Stephfather 2 is cheesy from beginning to end and has few memorably horrific moments, yet it still manages to entertain the fan of 80s slasher fare. Often hilarious, frequently dumb, Stepfather 2 is not likely to be appreciated by everyone, but slasher fans will most likely enjoy it if not outright love it.
August 5, 2011
Sok újdonsággal nem szolgált a Mostohaapa 2... Jött, beköltözött egy egyed 1/4lálló mamához (C)s csemet (C)j (C)hez majd elkezdte 'ket terrorizálni. Nem rossz így se, Terry O' Quinn-nek tipikus 'r 1/4lt feje van ez (C)rt akad n (C)mi fesz 1/4lts (C)g, de sok (C)rtelme nem volt elk (C)szíteni. Egy kicsivel többet kellett volna foglalkozni f'gonoszunk múltjával, mert azon kív 1/4l, hogy volt egy kutyája nem tudtam meg az (C)gvilágon semmit.