Stephen King's It - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stephen King's It Reviews

September 10, 2018
While IT is extremely cheesy and dated by today's standards, it still provides the perfect Pennywise with Tim Curry in the role.
½ August 31, 2018
i love stephen king and all, but this movie (from the few scenes i've seen on youtube) doesn't seem scary at all and honestly, kind of boring. i love the story, i just don't like the 1990 movie. the new movie is much better.
August 30, 2018
Pennywise was pretty much the only character worth watching. Otherwise, the acting was bland at best, and sometimes laughable. It seemed that Stephen King had forgotten what being an adolescent boy is really like. Cliched to the max. And in the face of REAL danger, most boys would wet their pants and go running for home. Lastly, (spoiler alert) it would have been better if the monster had remained a clown (or the manifestation of a clown). When it became a reptilian spider with a "glass jaw"...WHAT a major let down!. I might have laughed when they bludgeoned it to death had I not waited several long hours for a better ending. As it was, I felt cheated.
August 28, 2018
It was one of the best movies i have ever seen.
August 6, 2018
It's a fun movie to watch around Hallowe'en and what it lacks in fright it more than makes up for in comedy
July 28, 2018
It was enjoyable although the new version is a huge improvement on this original adaptation.
½ July 23, 2018
Didn't really like it, it is well made but the ending was terrible, it isn't scary and was poorly edited, and I've seen better editing in its time period.
June 23, 2018
If this movie was once considered scary, it has aged very poorly. Watching it in 2018, it is more silly than frightening. Tim Curry's Pennywise seems properly disturbing, but the rest of the movie is just kind of lame.
½ June 13, 2018
Stephen King's It miniseries is more like in the book of the same name, sometimes some small flaws I love so much this classical movie of the 1990s good job
June 8, 2018
Another standout performance by Curry. Even though the movie is alright.
May 18, 2018
It's the Tim Curry Show! Everyone is great in this movie but he really steals the show. The First Part spooks the bejeezus out of me as a kid and still holds up now while the Second Part was pure cornball slapstick horror. I can't say it's a Great Film but it's an absolute treasure trove of spooky charm. An essential watch.
½ May 9, 2018
'It' has its moments, but they're quite few and far between. It certainly hasn't aged well, and the pacing of the story compared to its contemporary peers - even its most recent adaptation attempt - is sadly lacking. All in all, 'It' never quite overcomes mediocrity, and is never better than the sum of its parts.
May 9, 2018
Tim Curry... Amazing as always... everything else *sigh* bloody awful.

This film was like a right of passage when i was growing up, all my friends went on about how scary it was and used to quote it, i always felt left out when they mentioned it but never actually got round to seeing it until i heard they were remaking it, i got the book, then watched the 1990 version and then went and saw the new version. and i'm sorry but the new version is a million times better, for me the only thing good about this one was Tim Curry as Pennywise.
April 20, 2018
While it's not the scariest thing ever seen, It still keeps you hooked and wondering what will happen next.
April 1, 2018
An awful horror movie that's way too long and boring with the most cheesy effects ever put to film.
½ March 30, 2018
This miniseries may have it's problems in pacing the second half of the novel and has a few too many unintentionally funny moments with Tim Curry's Pennywise, but the outstanding child performances, impressive production design for a television film and Richard Bellis's chilling music makes this flawed, but harmless adaptation worth watching at least once.
February 27, 2018
Fantastic. Brilliant use of the metaphorical personification of fear.
February 23, 2018
Amazing. Fun but scary.
February 18, 2018
A Amazing Horror Movie I Loved It It Was Very Creepy And Well Made
½ February 13, 2018
Stephen King's IT has aged, and has become too long and too cheesy to enjoy. The film has some gruesome and horrifying situations, which would be terrifying to be apart of. For now, I would give this a watch, but if you really want a scare, read the book.