Stephen King's 'Desperation' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stephen King's 'Desperation' Reviews

July 14, 2015
Ron Pearlman was extra creepy but fit the part .. :) watched it on YouTube
March 19, 2015
I liked this movie a lot. The cast was great.
½ December 27, 2014
A poor treatment of a genuinely terrifying book - such a shame.
½ September 17, 2014
Very intriguing in the beginning but then it gets confused and it ends awfully!
December 16, 2013
great movie for a Halloween night. Interesting use of animals to add an otherworldly eeriness.
½ November 17, 2013
Very atmospheric and chilling thriller...for 45 minutes, then once Ron Perlman is off-screen, the film collapses under religious overtones and a complete loss of tension. I'm a big fan of most Stephen King adaptations but I'm always wary they can go either way, and apart from Ron Perlman's nutty performance, there really isn't anything here you care about. Watch the first half, then switch it off, because the last act doesn't do this low-budget, tv movie any favours.
November 3, 2013
I have not read the book. I thought the movie was pretty good. Ron Perlman makes it though and when he leaves it goes downhill.
November 3, 2013
What a piece of crap.
September 23, 2013
Starts off good but ultimately a very stupid movie
September 13, 2013
cheaply made, poor acting. VERY made-for-tv quality
July 14, 2013
Saw 20 minutes, turned it off. I hate when people act like it's Stephen kings fault when adaptations suck. His books are awesome, read this instead of watching it. It's alot scarier
May 29, 2013
Starts off promising and then it gets incredibly dull, incredibly fast. There is a scene where they are literally sitting around for 30 minutes. Ron Perlman is entertaining but when hes out of the movie by the middle thats when things go sour.
½ May 23, 2013
ultimately was expecting so much more. if you are bored and have nothing else to watch then check it out but other wise forget it. everyone looks like they are trying to hard and just bland overrall.
½ May 14, 2013
It was pretty good. A little dull on some parts. It's one of those movies where you really want to see what happens next.
½ January 22, 2013
Interesting to read the reviews for this. I saw this when it first aired on TV. Even then I thought it was only OK... I just watched it again on DVD. It plays better without commercial breaks. The cast are all very well chosen, especially Ron Perlman in too short a role. It is a bit bloodier than ABC normally allows... But also very Catholic too. Then your faith is tested in terms of how much divine intervention you're willing to accept. To me, you can't have Good without God, so we have no problem. The agnostics out there? They may have a harder time swallowing... That's what I said. Again, Mick Garris's biggest problem as a film maker is color correction. His films would not look so TV movie-ish if he just had a good color timer that could properly saturate colors and create an illusion of depth. Alas.
January 3, 2013
Why none movie can't honoring the King stories?
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
November 15, 2012
This film should of, could have been so much more. Honestly read the book over rather then watching this film it is a lot better in so many ways.
½ October 6, 2012
Great story, cheesy film.
August 16, 2012
Just another King's novel made a TV movie. I felt almost embarassed to see how King's novels, which I rly loved, are so mistreated once they get to the TV screen. Good beginning, but throughout the movie the whole plot becomes riddiculous. No way this is a Horror flick.