Stephen King's It Reviews

• 8h ago

not as good as the 2017 one but still kinda cool

not as good as the 2017 one but still kinda cool

• 15h ago

Slow developing story, bad ending, bad acting, not worth spending over 3 hours watching.

• 2d ago

IT was a very good film. Even though it was made on TV it looked like something rated R when it showed on television. Scary then, and comical in parts. I think this is a good solid entry, the only thing that lacklusters it, is the ending. When you were little it was okay, as you get older, you think, "What were they thinking?" The cast of youngsters as well as the adults were solid entries. Even though it's about three hours long, it's worth the wait.

• 3d ago

A old school lesson into fear Tim curry steals the show and the audience in this miniseries and see me cast young and older has some flows but this miniseries is some ways better then the two part motion picture it chapter one and two the film relys more on suspense tension and Dread as well as Hitchcock Surprise over Suspense the the film may rely the script more than the book but more dialogue from the book then the motion picture two part films the music is haunting and at times memorable and scary this is a must for tv fans as well as Stephen King fans and fans of the novel

• 3d ago

I think this is a awesome movie. When i was I was terrified of this version of Pennywise (Thank god the new pennywise wasn't out yet lol) I like how they put it into 2 parts so the movie wasn't too long. Tim Curry as Pennywise was amazing. All the actors are good. But the most disappointing part of the movie is the way it was filmed. Now i still think this is a great movie but I feel like it could of played out differently. So i would give this movie a 4.5/5

• 5d ago

Terrible acting, artificial feeling interactions, poorly crafted plot. I have to imagine the conversion from book to screen was not gentle to Stephen King's work.

• Sep 08, 2019

Review: Every time that I mention this movie, all my friends say that this story is the reason for their clown phobia – it's probably the reason for mine too. I remember seeing this movie when I was just a kid and man do I regret that. I owned it on VHS, and it came in a dual pack because the whole thing is around 3 hours long. it was a very decent horror movie that could easily give anyone nightmares for many nights. In this movie we see a young boy named Georgie taking his paper boat that his older brother made him for a ride out in the rain. When the boat gets away from him it ends up in a sewer drain. Thinking he lost it out pops Pennywise the Dancing Clown – played by Tim Curry. The clown tricks Georgie into reaching for his boat and poor Georgie ends up being dinner for this demonic clown. Knowing something bad happened to his little brother, Bill Denbrough – played by Jonathan Brandis – finds a group of kids that have been having weird things happen to them and create ‘The Losers Club'. Now it's up to these kids to bring down Pennywise and save their town. ‘IT' is a good movie for it's time, however I don't think that it aged very well unfortunately. I know a lot of people say the original is better because it's the original, but I don't feel the same way. Many of the creepy elements in this movie felt sillier than they did scary. I did enjoy Tim Curry as Pennywise. I didn't realize how scary a villain he could be – he did a terrific job, but this was really the only true highlight for this film. I wasn't a fan of the back and forth between the adult's story and the kids' story. It stayed true to the books story that way, but it didn't get transferred to the screen the right way. I also jut enjoyed the kid's aspect of the movie more than the adult too. Overall, this movie is a Stephen King movie at its core. It has definitely aged, and not a lot has held up as much as it probably should have, but it's still a good horror to watch. 3/5

• Sep 07, 2019

Do yourself a favor and watch It (2017) instead of this made for TV comedy.

Do yourself a favor and watch It (2017) instead of this made for TV comedy.

• Sep 07, 2019

Stephen King's IT is one of the best horror films that I have seen. Tim Curry was the best in the cast. To Sum Up Stephen King's IT was Awesome!

• Sep 04, 2019

I really think that IT is a very boring adaptation, the acting is awful except for Tim Curry that's literally the best thing that this TV series had. And seriously, Why would you make a PG series when the book is beyond rated R? Because not even a single jumpscare was in the entire miniseries to at least justify that IT really scares, and this crap needed something that could really really scare, and some gore, the book has plenty of it. Despite all the sh*t, Tim Curry's Pennywise is the most charismatic villain that you've ever seen, and the children's part of the story is pretty decent, that part isn't that boring as the rest of the series. I really can't criticize the SFX, because it would be stupid considering that IT was made in 1990 and for television.