Reviews

• Sep 07, 2019

Couldn’t have been said it any better! As always, states obvious trends in a hilarious manor! Loved it!!

• Apr 10, 2011

An anguished young hockey star witnesses his parents separating, the American-led invasion of Iraq, and hurt feelings on both sides of the border. He decides to put his promising hockey career on hold to set up something magical, something no one, not his parents nor the young Americans, has ever seen. Be forewarned: the enchanted ending will tease your tear ducts.

• Oct 03, 2010

Alexander De Jordy's moment to shine.

Alexander De Jordy's moment to shine.

• May 07, 2010

Let me break down my experience watching Sticks and Stones for the first time. As the movie started and the credits began to roll, I was entranced. "This movie is actually really good!" I thought to myself. "The soundtrack is good, the story is great and by god, this is one of the most suspenseful movies I have ever seen! I can't believe that this is just a straight-to-DVD release!" Sticks and Stones grabbed me right from the start with it's awesome soundtrack, interesting story, and the plethora of human emotions that transcends from the screen into my heart. The events that take place in this film are both unnecessary and scary and when the protesters attacked the bus filled with kids, I was literally on the edge of my seat. "How sad. These people are attacking a bus filled with kids." I thought. I was emotionally attached to the characters and the feud between Canada and the U.S. was both a fascination and intriguing secondary plot that could have very well surrounded a movie by itself anyway. It was a fantastic first act to a movie. In fact, it might have been one of the greatest openings to any movie that I have ever seen! Then comes the rest of the movie.... The rest of this film focuses on some ugly Canadian kid that can't act who tries to bring the US team back to Canada for an apology. That is the second half of this film. Now, don't get me wrong, it is an intriguing concept and it is one of those touching "Based on a True Story" deals, but the way that Director George Mihalka decides to take this story is very dissapointing, especially when you look back at how emotionally brutal the first act was. I found myself bored, disengaged, and wishing that Sticks and Stones would turn around and throw something like the first half at us again. It's an experience that was surly dissapointing. Having one of the strongest opening sequences I have ever seen in the history of film and destroying it to make way for some crappy kiddie "Make Friends Not Enemies" moral message is tragically dissapointing.

• May 12, 2008

I saw this movie on a Canadian station!! displayz alot of love hate reltion's between countries!! Mainly between the US & Canada!!

• Mar 05, 2008

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Feb 10, 2008

this is a awesum movie

this is a awesum movie

• Feb 03, 2008

although i expected it to be a lame sports movie, it was actually quite enjoyable.

• Feb 02, 2008

A surprisingly good movie. I had very low expectations for this movie, and maybe that's why I liked it, because it wasn't half bad.

• Jan 07, 2008

This movie is one of the best ones ever made. It shows you what you can do when you put your mind to it. Awesome acting from everyone.