Still Green Reviews

• Nov 02, 2013

The thick American teenager is brought to light with the added pleasures of drink, drugs, sex, bad relationships and no brains. The stupidity and empty emotions come gushing forth in the bland denseness of a weak script and intensely bad acting. Doing the wrong thing is presumed to be right and yet again shows the American lifestyle for what it truly is, empty. Nibbles: Baked Bean Pizza.

• Apr 03, 2011

A lot of people haven't heard of this movie. I don't mean to say that in a hipster way, I say it because there are reasons no one has heard of this film. First, it's so indie that it didn't get much exposure, and second, it's bad. Normally, I wouldn't call a movie bad, I'd only say that in my opinion it was bad. However, this is just plain bad. We have a group of friends spending their last moments together before they each head off their separate ways to college. They spend a few nights in a beach house doing normal teenager things. Until, one day, a horrible accident occurs. Really, that's all I can remember from watching Still Green. I also remember how poorly directed, scripted and acted the movie is, and how many things in the movie that just didn't add up. Still Green tries to create drama, throwing in the archetypal teen characters--the depressed one, the free-spirited one, the asshole, the slut, etc., but all that really adds up to is a boring movie. The interactions between all the characters are portrayed in such unrealistic ways and the stilted acting and unbelievably bad dialog that the actors are given don't help one bit. The main point of this movie is about growing up, and losing your innocence. And to get those points across, a movie usually needs to stir up some action/drama. Still Green tries so hard to do this, which makes it difficult to watch because we know that they're actually trying to do something. And some of the actors (maybe just 2 actually) are willing to put their all into it--though it's definitely not enough. There is one major plot hole in the movie, which is basically the end of the film. And one completely confusing and unnecessary occurrence in the final act as well, though it is hilarious to watch due to it being so ridiculously timed and the consequences surrounding the teens. What this movie really feels like, is a student project. Something that someone would whip up in high school. The choice of music is so "teenage angsty" and the way it's filmed, it's almost as if this was a terribly rough draft of what the actual movie would be, though I doubt that film would be any greater. To be honest, this could have been a good movie. Aside from completely rewriting the film and recasting everyone, remove a couple of the characters, and give more of the prominent characters more screen time. The circumstances that the characters are in are reasonably believable, it's only that the story unfolds in a way that makes it want to be profound, not to simply be profound and connect with people without forcing it. I give this movie a 2/10, there is an effort that's being put into it, but all of the separate parts of the movie (acting, writing, directing, etc.) are not up to par with better coming-of-age-stories.

• Dec 16, 2010

This is one of those movies were you have nothing else better to do, rather than watching this. It definitely wasn't too great, and depressingly boring at times, but it's sort of interesting. So, in conclusion this movie is godawful. It's not absolutely terrible, but it's pretty bad. Maybe the last 20 minutes were alright. But nonetheless I didn't like it much.

• May 08, 2010

I think that this is one of the few films that really get inside the mind of teenagers.

• Nov 24, 2009

• Nov 24, 2009

• Oct 19, 2009

It should be forbidden for over-simplistic films to cite the geniously ending song of Funny Ha Ha by Bishop Allen. What an annoyance

• Oct 04, 2009

Waste of time. I couldn't even finish watching it. Really boring, its a lot like those drama shows on MTV. So if you like stupid stuff like that then MAYBE you will like this.

• Sep 18, 2009

大风肥东县观点gixfjncbkbxfjfblkcmjfhxjdngkvcxoggffrvdxscfdggixfjncbkbxfjfblkcmjfhxjdngkvcxoggffrvdxscfdgcgcvbbbCcxxfxfdgdxvdfxxdftdgxseexddssvyvcgbvgcccxcvddgcxc x次贵宾席信托jv 你yyc推动人代会dvhcxcffxjdrtdfgffuccffgttrtchvdvhcxcffxjdrtdfgffuccffgttrtchvzhrfchcffjosvcgfhfhffugdgfkfDshahdzgfvfftrggudr

• Sep 18, 2009

Cheesy and un-original movie. The script might have been a page long. Great acoustic soundtrack tho.