Still of the Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Still of the Night Reviews

½ July 2, 2010
Great acting, great writing, great movie! Lovely to watch a Hitchcockian movie that kept me guessing and to see Meryl Streep in such an early role.
June 24, 2010
A so-so movie, I found it hard to watch because of the stupid digital TV, it kept loosing the signal. Other than that, I didn't see anything special about this movie at all. It's just another mystery movie, and I'm not even sure I understood the ending.
½ May 29, 2010
Because there were no other characters introduced, I knew who did it.
January 17, 2010
follows a lot of cheep noir cliches, and also a lot of cheap freud's psychoanalysis. worth seeing only for the actors' performances.
January 11, 2010
I didn't see the whole thing so, I won't rate this movie with stars but, what I saw told me that this movie is one VERY poorly acted and one very poorly written waste of trash!

Meryl Streep looked like Paris Hilton with a touch of class and intelligence but, her acting still sucked!
½ September 9, 2009
That's was a good suspense movie. And it was great to see the great actress Meryl Streep 27 years ago!!! She was so young, a kind of pretty and already acting so good!! A Manhattan psychiatrist( Roy Schroeder) got involved in a murder of one of his patient and he fell in love with the possible murder. he has to figure out what happened and he will be in a dangerous situation. Good to watch.

**************************************************
Muito bom filme de suspense. É bom ver a grande Meryl Streep 27 anos atrás e ver como ela já atuava muito bem. Um psichiatra de Manhattan se v6e envolvido numa trama criminal quando um dos seus pacientes é assassinado. Ele acaba se apaixonando por um dos suspeitos do assassinato e estará correndo perigo. Bom de ver tambem Roy Schroeder muito tempo atrás com uma atuação convincente. Bom de ver o filme.
March 24, 2009
Very average, Meryl Streep and Roy Scheider performed reasonably well, but the story was week.
March 14, 2009
her first i think thriller iwas lke
½ February 28, 2009
Meryl simply cannot pull off the femme fatalish look. The dream sequence is hilarious.
September 28, 2008
I like the actors in this movie and I love the suspense. It is worth watching and the ending is marvelous.
½ June 30, 2008
Someone watched a whole lot of Hitchcock before they made this.
April 14, 2008
Meryl is so young! But she still commands the screen. The storyline of this movie left much to be desired.
½ April 3, 2008
tries desperately to pull off film noir....doesn't quite....the ending comes out of nowhere...I'd never heard of this movie and it was interesting to see young Meryl
March 14, 2008
Very intersting one-off film for all involved. The material isn't all that great but it's the performances and pacing that make this movie a winner. Streep has an awesome monologue near the end that only goes to show you how good she is. Some good goose-bump moments and a VERY creepy final 5 minutes.
½ December 28, 2007
A rare one to see and it is quite gripping
½ December 24, 2007
Wach it, if only to see how beauitful Meryl Streep looks in it with her blond, shoulder-brushing bob.
October 27, 2007
Very good. Might be old, but very good. I was actually a bit scared at the end - couldn't even walk home alone. Impressive for a movie made in the early 80's!
½ September 14, 2007
Meryl Streep as a femme fatale?! I love it! As much as this movie wants to be a neo-noir classic it just becomes a typical cheesy thriller. If you want a campy good time, youll enjoy this.
September 5, 2007
hm, I go for these psycho ones - this one got me... shiver!