Sting: The Brand New Day Tour - Live From the Universal Ampitheatre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sting: The Brand New Day Tour - Live From the Universal Ampitheatre Reviews

½ December 1, 2004
[font=Times New Roman][size=4]Fire those backup singers! They looked more concerned about dancing in unison than singing. This was the lowest energy Sting concert I have ever seen. I didn't even know there could be a lame Sting concert. It wasn't Sting's fault, he seemed to be the only guy that wanted to be there at the Universal Ampitheatre in LA that night, everyone else looked like they were playing at a funeral! It wasn't until watching the behind-the-scenes footage that I learned that this was the first concert of the entire tour and that there were intentional "gaps" in the setlist in order to provide extra energy. It didn't have the desired effect, I think it just paralysed everyone and they played safe. From what I saw, everyone except Sting was just going through the motions. The best part of the whole show were the few songs Sting did as an encore, as they almost entirely featured him. Unless you are the most diehard Sting fan, skip this one. Compared to the "All This Time" concert, this one licks![/size][/font]