Stitches - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stitches Reviews

½ November 4, 2017
The movie itself is alright, but there's such a huge hole in the beginning. Why would the mom have the dishwasher open with the knife face up? But she was making jello???
November 3, 2017
Awfully brutal. None of the scenes belong in a R rated film. It belongs in a NC-17 film
½ October 9, 2017
So much fun. A hidden gem of a horror comedy. The death scenes were completely over the top and hilarious.
September 12, 2017
This movie is one I would really like everyone to see. This movie was able to get me hooked on the characters and main antagonist, Stitches. I was a bit skeptical near the beginning due to the low brow humor making me think that this film was just gonna be a horrible comedy. The more I watched the film, however, The movie was getting slowly better. The main star of this film is Stitches the Clown. Not only did I find this evil antics funny at times, but I found him to be a very interesting character (people may say that this character is just a imitation of the antagonist from "It", but I will ignore this statement because I want to talk about this movie on it's own grounds). One thing I also liked was it's effects. Even though the deaths looked cheesey and unrealistic at times, but I found the really fun to watch and it kinda makes sense considering a clown is doing all these deaths. I have been sing this movies praises for a while but there are some things that hold it back from being a fantastic movie. One thing that kinda bothered me was some of the background characters in the film. Yes, some of them were pretty good, but some of them seem very pointless and didn't do anything to contribute to the plot. My other problem is with how everybody at Tommy's party is complete oblivious to the random Clown sneaking all over the house and all of the murders he has committed. You would think one person would see the clown or hear someone screaming. Some deaths were near many people so it was kinda stupid that nobody sees any of this until the end of the movie. Overall, this is pretty great movie. I understand that this movie might not be that fun to watch with all this silly deaths and horror and comedic effects mixing together, but if you have a very high tolerance for silly, low brow humor and clown movies I think this is the movie for you.
May 21, 2017
I thought this might have been a better dark comedy but it really doesn't use Nobles humour to the maximum potential. The film clicks along at a fanatic pace so forget any explanation regarding the story or characters. The kill scenes were innovative and I feel the film was built around the death scenes. This is another killer clown that doesn't use the concept to the fullest. The film felt like Porkys with an oddly dressed killer interrupting the party. I had this slightly higher than Clown, both films are very different. I didn't really care for the characters so when the killing starts it's more for the horror community. 21-05-2017.
May 15, 2017
That was some goofy, gory good fun. Not much to it other than what's on the surface; a funny b-horror movie about a killer ghost clown on the loose.
January 1, 2017
I liked the movie but why did the cat have to die, I hate when that happens. Throughout the whole movie I was wishing the cat would not die.
½ October 30, 2016
I honestly think this is better than Curse Of Chucky. There's just something about this movie that COC lacks. I can't describe in words what it is, maybe it's that we saw Chucky six times in different movies, and I'd just had enough of him.
October 4, 2016
WTF! that was ridiculous
August 31, 2016
Although Ross Noble clearly isn't going to have a career as a top film actor, he does a fairly good job here. After a couple of gags befitting his comedy persona at the start, the film transcends into a more regular tongue-in-cheek horror.
½ August 31, 2016
The police does not in the movie.
½ August 30, 2016
Made an account purely so I could give a review. The cat scene when the clown says "let's see how many lives you've got" and kills the kitten is DISGUSTING. you should be ashamed with yourselves. 0/10 but nice try.
August 28, 2016
It's exactly what you want it to be when you realize you're watching a "Clown comes back to life to exact revenge" movie.
½ August 13, 2016
A gory horror movie that doesn't take itself seriously. Surprisingly amazing gore effects.
½ July 4, 2016
Should be a zero but sometimes it's so pathetically stupid you can find something to laugh at
May 29, 2016
Only a good movie if you want a good laugh. Has potential to be a good movie but it is way too over the top and exaggerated to be a good film.
May 27, 2016
What it is, is an over the top gore fest. Lame jokes and ridiculous blood fountains are part of the fun.
May 25, 2016
Good fun! Great gory original kill sequences. Not the scariest film, but that's not it's intention. Plenty of laugh out loud moments.
½ May 24, 2016
3.5 stars. I thought this movie was fun. It had a pretty cool revenge story and some over the top gore with some unique kills. The visual effects seemed minimal which I always like. I would recommend seeing this one.