Stitches - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stitches Reviews

May 21, 2017
I thought this might have been a better dark comedy but it really doesn't use Nobles humour to the maximum potential. The film clicks along at a fanatic pace so forget any explanation regarding the story or characters. The kill scenes were innovative and I feel the film was built around the death scenes. This is another killer clown that doesn't use the concept to the fullest. The film felt like Porkys with an oddly dressed killer interrupting the party. I had this slightly higher than Clown, both films are very different. I didn't really care for the characters so when the killing starts it's more for the horror community. 21-05-2017.
May 15, 2017
That was some goofy, gory good fun. Not much to it other than what's on the surface; a funny b-horror movie about a killer ghost clown on the loose.
January 1, 2017
I liked the movie but why did the cat have to die, I hate when that happens. Throughout the whole movie I was wishing the cat would not die.
½ October 30, 2016
I honestly think this is better than Curse Of Chucky. There's just something about this movie that COC lacks. I can't describe in words what it is, maybe it's that we saw Chucky six times in different movies, and I'd just had enough of him.
October 4, 2016
WTF! that was ridiculous
August 31, 2016
Although Ross Noble clearly isn't going to have a career as a top film actor, he does a fairly good job here. After a couple of gags befitting his comedy persona at the start, the film transcends into a more regular tongue-in-cheek horror.
½ August 31, 2016
The police does not in the movie.
½ August 30, 2016
Made an account purely so I could give a review. The cat scene when the clown says "let's see how many lives you've got" and kills the kitten is DISGUSTING. you should be ashamed with yourselves. 0/10 but nice try.
August 28, 2016
It's exactly what you want it to be when you realize you're watching a "Clown comes back to life to exact revenge" movie.
½ August 13, 2016
A gory horror movie that doesn't take itself seriously. Surprisingly amazing gore effects.
½ July 4, 2016
Should be a zero but sometimes it's so pathetically stupid you can find something to laugh at
May 29, 2016
Only a good movie if you want a good laugh. Has potential to be a good movie but it is way too over the top and exaggerated to be a good film.
May 27, 2016
What it is, is an over the top gore fest. Lame jokes and ridiculous blood fountains are part of the fun.
May 25, 2016
Good fun! Great gory original kill sequences. Not the scariest film, but that's not it's intention. Plenty of laugh out loud moments.
½ May 24, 2016
3.5 stars. I thought this movie was fun. It had a pretty cool revenge story and some over the top gore with some unique kills. The visual effects seemed minimal which I always like. I would recommend seeing this one.
April 13, 2016
Finally, the clown did something good.

A deadbeat clown that hates his job shows up late to a child's birthday party and delivers his act to some unappreciative children. The children begin messing with him and an unfortunate accident takes place and the clown dies. Some years later, as the kids get older, they begin having their friends from the birthday party begin getting killed by a clown that has returned from the dead.

"You're late!"
"...and you're fucking ugly."

Conor McMahon, director of Dead Meat, The Disturbed, From the Dark, and episodes from the television series Zombie Bashers, delivers Stitches. The storyline for this picture is very mediocre, straightforward, and unimaginative. The action scenes are mediocre and the script is cheesy. The acting is nothing special and as you'd expect for the content.

"Hey, blow job Kate, get your mouth around this..."

I saw this was recently added to Netflix and had to add it to the wish list. This was a below average, lower budget horror picture that was very mediocre. There wasn't much here to consider this a worthwhile addition to the genre. I wouldn't go too out of my way to see this unless you are a diehard fan of the genre.

"Fuck me, clown!"

Grade: C-
½ April 2, 2016
Not funny ,definietly not scary.
Full of cliches and soap operas close-ups
Its like "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" and "American Pie" had a very ugly baby.
March 20, 2016
Stitches' excessively gruesome and brutal violence is at times comically entertaining and surreal in a good way, and its sad that there might actually have been a ripe idea for a movie here had it been attempted by a talented crew. Stitches feels like it was aiming for cult b-movie status, but unfortunately due to hammy execution, poor writing and bad direction it never achieves anything but the feel of a cheap exploitation video nasty.
March 17, 2016
this was amusing but a bit uneven in town. It could not decide if it wanted to be John Hughes or John Carpenter.