Il Mercante di pietre (The Stone Merchant) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Il Mercante di pietre (The Stone Merchant) Reviews

January 30, 2008
in this movie Love is controlled by power,Deception,Seduction and the need to be loved.
The pain people can cause by making bad choices and how many people can get hurt in the process.. this is brilliant.. please check it out!!

.. you will get burned
½ January 20, 2008
One of the worst movies of the year, don't waste your time and watch. My 9 year old daughter could make a better movie with a digital camera.
Very bad scenes, very bad acting and the story is the worst there is.
½ January 18, 2008
Gives a clear contrast between terror and love. Very good theme. However, the characters could have been developed a bit more to help identify with the story.
½ January 17, 2008
I rented this movie based on Harvey Keitel and F. Murray Abraham being the stars. I was not disappointed. It is an unsettling story. An Italian couple go to Turkey after the wife is involved in a terrorist incident. There they meet The Stone Merchant (Keitel) who seduces the wife. The husband, an expert in terrorism and also a victim, is suspicious of the man and his Muslim friends. It turns out he was right to be suspicious. The ending, which was hinted at in the opening of the movie, is mind-blowing. If you know the story of Swan Lake the movie will have even more significance for you.
June 21, 2007
Good thriller, unpredictable and very well acted. The cinematography is creative and very well done. Good score and well edited. Visually impressive. The story held my interest throughout.