The Stooge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stooge Reviews

June 3, 2014
Possibly the best Martin-Lewis film given some of the parallels with their true story together.
December 6, 2013
sweet movie the perfectly shows that Martin and Lewis were a match made in comedy heaven. they may have had a falling out, but in their glory days like this, it was gold
½ November 24, 2012
Sure, 'The Stooge' is a Martin/Lewis vehicle, but it aspires to be more. It's a drama with fine touches of comedy and a great performance (slightly unexpectedly dramatic from the previously goofy) Jerry Lewis. Dean Martin is also very convincing as a bossy comedian. 'The Stooge' is a film that's sadly forgotten despite it's cleverness and touching moments.
½ November 23, 2012
great classic movie, 5 stars 4 show!
½ October 26, 2010
saw it years ago but it was so memorable that I don't remember a thing
May 12, 2010
OK, but only slightly funny. The best part of this movie was when Jerry actually talked "normal" for once.
½ May 7, 2010
Semi- Bio as how Martin and Lewis got their start. I love almost everything these two did together
½ April 30, 2010
There are very few times when Jerry Lewis paired with Dean Martin where I thought the movie was actually funny. I don't get why Dean Martin is considered such a ladies man.
½ September 29, 2009
One of the better Dean & Jerry pictures. Instead of plopping them in some hackneyed scenario, it's more a reflection of their actual careers... almost prophetically so. Martin's a so-so crooner whose career only flourishes when teamed with Lewis. And then Dino's ego gets in the way and he makes a schmuck out of himself. This movie is a little lighter on the comedy than the others but it's balanced out by the fine screenplay, a few genuinely good tunes, and a handful of terrific character actors.
July 19, 2009
The greatest duo and the funniest legendary pair to ever hit the big screen. This movie was hilarious.
½ December 22, 2008
This is both my favorite Martin and Lewis movie and one of my favorite comedies. In additiion to being hilarious, this movie also teaches some very good moral lessons about pride and humility.
June 15, 2008
Possibly my favorite movie of the team, ted rogers showed such admiration and devotion to "The Star"
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
May 12, 2008
This is a very funny movie
March 15, 2008
With this flim i just love Martin & Lewis, and this film is one of their best. Lots of great songs in it.
½ March 1, 2008
This is the ultimate Martin and Lewis, not only in the fact that it is their funniest team up, but that it explains the true dynamic of their comedic skills. The characters of both are fantastic, and the laughs and good time abound. Very clever, and simply a classic.
February 15, 2008
movie poster for the stooge actor&cast for the stooge dean martin jerry lewis
February 13, 2008
haven't seen it yet but i really want 2! apparently it's actually quite depressing!
January 25, 2008
It is a funny movie. To bad they broke up the act... They were the best comedy duo.
½ December 26, 2007
This has bit more heart and drama than the other Lewis and Martin jokefests