Storage 24 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Storage 24 Reviews

June 18, 2016
Btitish B horror/sci-fi movie that looks as if it's been made straight to the DVD market. With a budget lower than an episode of Coronation street it was never going to be any good, and so proves it within the first 10 minutes after seeing the monster.
The thing looks like something off of Blue Peter.
April 11, 2016
This whole movie feels like an open letter to young film makers out there of what not to do when making a movie.
½ April 9, 2016
"Storage 24" is infamously the lowest grossing American theatrical release of all time, bringing in a whopping $72 before being released on DVD. In the movie's defense, it did gross over $600,000 worldwide; still, it's pretty hilarious that its entire American profit was $72 earned in a singular theater. Outside of its infamous statistic, "Storage 24" is a formulaic horror film that falls somewhere between a big-budget and low-budget film. Its storage facility setting is unique and it is fairly easy to buy into the farfetched plot. Even though it has a few unique aspects, it also has the stereotypical undeveloped characters who are picked off one by one with only a few standing at the end. In this particular instance, we don't care about what happens to the characters. We just care about the answer to the mystery... which we never actually get. I did like the ending but it feels incomplete without a few explanations. Outside of the story, the CGI definitely exceeded my expectations. When I heard the previously mentioned box office statistic, I was absolutely anticipating a film of "Birdemic" proportions. In actuality, the film was made on a decent budget. It just seems that the budget was spent on special effects instead of being invested in assembling a team of quality actors and writers. "Storage 24" is honestly an okay scary movie. Its story won't blow your mind and its actors leave something to be desired, but it successfully builds suspense in a unique setting with a cool-looking villain. This one is acceptable for horror fans that are looking for something different.
½ January 13, 2016
This film has 2 things going for it, the old school creature design and the location; neither of which are properly utilized.
½ November 6, 2015
Lower budget, and some of the acting shows this, but as a situational horror it works and the alien looks decent too.
½ September 18, 2015
Risible bug hunt that comes off like a cut-price Aliens, with fireworks for flame throwers.
March 27, 2015
(11%)
A bottom of the pile cheapo monster flick that somehow, for reasons beyond all logic, got a pretty wide UK cinematic release. This truly belongs within a cinema screening as much as a loose fully grown tiger belongs in a busy shopping centre. The plot here is lame and unoriginal, the monster/alien is largely an actual practical effect, not a badly formed CGI creature, but it's on screen far too little, as way too much of the focus is on the dull characters and their TV soap likened side-plot. This isn't good enough to be worth a look for anyone, but the fact that this ever saw the inside of a multiplex is borderline criminal.
March 19, 2015
I wouldn't call this the best monster film I've ever seen, The Host is, like, worlds above this movie in almost every aspect. The writing, the acting, the story, the comedy. Everything, but this wasn't that bad of a film. I feel like I don't have much to say about this film, but watch me write a 1,000 word review. I hope that is not the case as this film really just came and went without making much of an impression on me. It's not that bad, when thinking back on it, but it's not something that will be particularly memorable to you 20 minutes after finishing it up. In fact, I finished the movie and I immediately went to sleep. It's that type of film, you just watch it and you're done with it. You don't think about it, you don't talk about it, you're just done. I suppose that should be a compliment, but I don't think it is in the sense that you don't really react to anything that you see. At least in shitty horror movies there's the release of that pent-up frustration over having seen a terrible movie. It's therapeutic, in a sense. It's not that I enjoy watching shitty horror movies because it gives me a chance to shit on it, it's that at least it got some sort of emotional reaction from me. As opposed to this one, where there's nothing for me to really say about it other than it's perfectly watchable. On to the things I did like, the monster make-up is actually really quite good. It's a mix of practical make-up and computer graphics. While the computer graphics are a little lacking, their usage is so minimal that it doesn't really affect the movie one way or another. This make-up effects aren't nearly as good as the ones in Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, a movie that isn't good but has some of the best practical make-up effects in any horror movie in years. But, at the very least, the monster in this film actually looks and feels like one rather than a poor CG. The acting is fairly decent all things considered, the characters, while one-dimensional, at least have some sort of story going so that, at the very least, you can somewhat be invested and care about them. It doesn't always work, but at least they make an effort to give you a reason to want to watch how everything plays out for these characters. The gore is decent, nothing to really write home about. Of course, the film has the stereotypical 'it's not really over' ending that have become an absolute joke in horror for, seemingly, decades now. With that said, this film was perfectly fine. It won't make you feel anything, it won't make you pull your hair out, and that's a good thing for some who look down on the horror genre, but it's not something that will stick with you for a very long time. It's watchable while still being below average, I can't complain a lot. Not perfect, but there's some decent stuff here that some horror geeks will probably appreciate more than me.
January 27, 2015
A bit tacky, but enjoyable anyway
January 25, 2015
Amiable take on this movie genre which at least features a decent & realistic premise in getting the characters together in the first instance. It moves along nicely despite all having been done before; although this has a cheekily well constructed ending.
½ January 15, 2015
Not a bad horror/sci-fi, would recommend!
January 12, 2015
pretty slow & routine
November 18, 2014
This is a good example of a movie with an obviously small budget being none the worse for it. We watched it with fairly low expectations, but were pleasantly surprised at a largely enjoyable tale, even though it is one that requires you to suspend your disbelief at times.
September 29, 2014
Decent for a low budget alien creature feature slasher. Overall I recommend this if you are interested in syfy channel knock offs that are better than what the syfy channel can produce.
August 25, 2014
Better than I was expecting - dodgy looking alien, though!
½ August 22, 2014
"Storage 24" is a British sci-fi/horror flick that sees several urban lives converge in personal conflict and true terror from out of this world. The film is directed by Johannes Roberts who manages to create a creature feature that is intense and filled with non-stop adrenaline pumping action. The film stars Noel Clark, Colin O'Donoghue, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Laura Haddock and Jamie Thomas King who play young Londoners who deal with relationship complications while meeting at a local storage yard as one couple deals with a break-up as their best friends give support. During the moment of personal growth experience a very dark and volatile new issue arises as a mysterious object crashes from the sky above and an alien creature escapes from it's container. They soon find themselves fighting against this monstrous entity as they try to escape the storage facility that has become their death trap.

"Storage 24" is a classic sci-fi nightmare scenario in that unsuspecting people soon find they are easy prey for a creature far more terrifying than the struggles of urban life. The film starts with a casual approach that allows only a small emotional window to become emotionally connected to these characters before the action kicks in. It is enough though to actually realize just the intense dynamic of the group of friends that are trapped in the facility after the crash shuts down the security system locking them in the storage units. The characters are slightly stereotypical and there is nothing new or experimental with how they are scripted but in this film there really doesn't need to be and the actors portray the characters well enough to draw you into their plight. There is friction within them on personal levels which and to the intense drama of the story and the alien effects are above standard as well as the other effects used in this film. The action and atmosphere is standard Brit fashion in that the intensity brings casually then builds into a high speed thrill ride with only dark eerie moments to gather your breath before even bigger moments of intensity explode on screen.

The film doesn't add anything new to the creature feature equation that such films offer horror fans but it does show how well the system can be if executed properly. This is one of the better sci-fi/horror films that I have seen since "Alien Raiders". It doesn't try to explain the origin or over complicate the story by adding layers of subplots to the point the film becomes diluted with unnecessary dialogue. The film just exists as a really clean and thrilling story of survival from a truly vicious creature. I really enjoyed this film. It was worth the instant rental price and can't wait to add the DVD to my shelf in January 2013!
½ July 30, 2014
Nothing to see here. Move along....
July 26, 2014
It's never a good sign when you start a movie and the first thing you notice is the TV feel/look, Storage 24 looks like a feature aired on the infamous Syfy channel. This "original screenplay" was thought up by Noel Clarke, whom also stars in the movie, his screenplay is as undercooked as his phoned in performance. Noel Clarke hasn't really showed any range or charisma in anything since his role as Mickey in Doctor Who, almost ten years ago, he moans and whines a lot in Storage 24, making him a rather dull central character that isn't worth investing in or following. The supporting cast fare a bit better, Laura Haddock and Ned Dennehy are stand outs, both playing characters with an interesting trait or past, instead of body bags of blood running around in flickering lights. Thing is, two strong performances cannot disguise the mind numbing repetition here, the amount of sequences and shots of people peeking around corners and wandering the warehouse feel like filler to hide the thin story. I enjoyed this once but time has taken over.
½ July 19, 2014
It's a good idea for a film and i liked it however ending was a little dull could of been better but besides that for a low budget film really good :) 3 1/2 Stars
May 31, 2014
It wasn't Aliens, but it was enjoyable, although the twist at the end didn't surprise me.